Thread: IND/OKL/PHO

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default IND/OKL/PHO

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=82gxqdb

IND Gets: James Harden, Steve Nash

PHO Gets: Danny Granger

OKL Gets: Darren Collison, Robin Lopez, Lance Stephenson, and 2 1st Round picks (one from IND, one from PHO)

OKL gets solid young players and picks, and dump Harden because they won't be able to pay him in a year or two anyway. IND gets the youth pieces we need in exchange for Granger. And PHO moves Nash for a great player that has several years left in his prime in Granger.
    Last edited by thatch3232; 02-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: IND/OKL/PHO

Who is giving the 2 first round picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is giving the 2 first round picks?
    fixed!

I'd do it. We could move Paul George to SF and have James Harden as our rising star at SG.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, that is a lot for OKC to get for only giving up James Harden..., I think atleast PHX would have to get our 2nd, sratch the first all together. OKC could get our 2nd the year after that, we are already giving them Stephenson and Collison, and they are get Phx 1st.

Doesn't OKC already have Westbrook and Maynord, I think that would be overkill at the 1 position for them and leave their 2 position very weak also.

Giving up to much for Nash as well I think.

Basically the first part of the trade is:

Granger for Nash and their 1st and Robin Lopez.

and the second part is...

DC, Lance, (2) 1st for James Harden...

I would rather just do the first part and be done with it.

Nash/George/PG/West/Hibbert
    DC/Lance/Danthey/Tyler/Lopez

Trade Amundson for a SF if we need.

Also in this draft that proves to be strong to have 2 first and have the ability to either trade up or take two guys, I would take that over Harden, Just grab Bradley Beal in that case.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Wow, that is a lot for OKC to get for only giving up James Harden..., I think atleast PHX would have to get our 2nd, sratch the first all together. OKC could get our 2nd the year after that, we are already giving them Stephenson and Collison, and they are get Phx 1st.

Doesn't OKC already have Westbrook and Maynord, I think that would be overkill at the 1 position for them and leave their 2 position very weak also.

Giving up to much for Nash as well I think.

Basically the first part of the trade is:

Granger for Nash and their 1st and Robin Lopez.

and the second part is...

DC, Lance, (2) 1st for James Harden...

I would rather just do the first part and be done with it.

Nash/George/PG/West/Hibbert
    DC/Lance/Danthey/Tyler/Lopez

Trade Amundson for a SF if we need.

Also in this draft that proves to be strong to have 2 first and have the ability to either trade up or take two guys, I would take that over Harden, Just grab Bradley Beal in that case.
    Have you seen James Harden play? lol. He's pretty talented. Him plus Paul George could be the best SG/SF combo not not names Lebron and Dwayne in the entire league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thatch3232 View Post
    Have you seen James Harden play? lol. He's pretty talented. Him plus Paul George could be the best SG/SF combo not not names Lebron and Dwayne in the entire league.
    Your crazy, dude is good, but he does not even start on his own team, I think that is way too much to give up for him, I would rather have Nash, Lopez and PHX 1st round pick than James Harden.
    Why so SERIOUS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Your crazy, dude is good, but he does not even start on his own team, I think that is way too much to give up for him, I would rather have Nash, Lopez and PHX 1st round pick than James Harden.
    Not all teams start their best players. They use Harden as a "starter off the bench" role. They want him to come off the bench in order to outrun the other teams and get an early advantage. If the game gets on the line, he is closing those games as well. He gets 31.6 MPG so it's safe to say that they do consider him as a starter despite not playing him as one.

PS: Also, if he was a back-up, he would start when Thabo Sefolosha got injured. He didn't start though. Daequan Cook did. Because Harden's role is to come in and score off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Not all teams start their best players. They use Harden as a "starter off the bench" role. They want him to come off the bench in order to outrun the other teams and get an early advantage. If the game gets on the line, he is closing those games as well. He gets 31.6 MPG so it's safe to say that they do consider him as a starter despite not playing him as one.

PS: Also, if he was a back-up, he would start when Thabo Sefolosha got injured. He didn't start though. Daequan Cook did. Because Harden's role is to come in and score off the bench.
    Scott Brooks is a firm believer in the "complete team" he doesn't like seeing a big drop off of scoring from the starters to the bench. Its the "water on rock" you don't blow them open with spurts of scoring but a more consistent approach.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Scott Brooks is a firm believer in the "complete team" he doesn't like seeing a big drop off of scoring from the starters to the bench. Its the "water on rock" you don't blow them open with spurts of scoring but a more consistent approach.
    Yup, I agree with this. And I agree with his reasoning quite a lot

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would take Harden over Nash, Lopez, and Phoenix's first as a package. If that is a 2012 unprotected first, I would hesitate to say that, but a maximum of two years of old Nash doesn't come close to six more years of Harden (assuming we extend him in Restricted FA).
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."