Thread: Pacers / Suns / Celtics

Sports Logo

Default Pacers / Suns / Celtics

Celtics Trade: Rajon Rondo, Jermaine O'neal
    Receive: Steve Nash, Marcin Gortat

-Make a final push with their big 3, this time adding a real starting center & HOF point guard.

Pacers Trade: Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough, 2012+2014 First round picks
    Receive: Rajon Rondo, Hakim Warrick (or Frye)

-Try to get into "Win now" mode while West and Granger are in their prime

Suns Trade: Steve Nash, Marcin Gortat, Hakim Warrick (or Frye)
    Receive: Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough, Jermaine O'neal, 2012+2014 1st round picks from Indiana

-They can't make the playoffs and could lose Nash to Free agency- instead they send him to contend in Boston. Get young talent, draft picks, shed salary.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6uoe5sy
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6phc9fo

Salaries work.

Our new rotation:
    Rondo/Hill/Price
    George/Stephenson
    Granger/Jones
    West/Frye (or Warrick)
    Hibbert/Foster

We basically get Rajon Rondo, who is an experienced player, a leader, and most important a star point guard - something we clearly need - for... Not that much.
    I know on paper you guys might look at this and say - "Tyler and 2 1sts? thats crazy". But it really isn't, because we get a player who's a major upgrade without giving any core pieces. We blow our cap space, but whatever. If we really wanna resign Hill and Hibbert we should be able to because they are RFAs.

Default Re: Pacers / Suns / Celtics

I'd do it, but the Celtics definitely would not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Winner For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Drop Hans and Pacers receive Rondo only and i'd do this. I really don't see why Celtics wouldn't do this as I think they would win a championship with that line up.

I'm not sold that the Suns would do this. I think they really like Gortat. I'd have to look at all the numbers later to make a conclusion.

Good thought out trade.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Celtics should do it - I mean, they need to either deal Rondo to get enough quality starters to contend again (which is what this trade does)
    Or trade parts of their big 3 for young talent and build around that talent & Rondo (but that's not very "Boston-ish")
    As they are right now, they aren't contenders, and their guys are getting older. They need to shake things up and that's what my suggested trade does.

Suns - probably do it. They like Gortat, but it's not like they can build around him when/if Nash leaves. In this trade they accept the fact that they aren't getting anywhere with their "Core", if they have one, and they get young players & draft picks & shed salary, the 3 things you need the most when rebuilding a team.

We must do it in my opinion. Even if we have to take on both Warrick and Frye, I'd still think it's a good deal for us.
    So yes, we will blow our cap space on bad contracts, but it's not like we're going to sign Dwight this summer. We just need to resign Hibbert and maybe Hill, both RFAs, which salary-cap wise shouldn't be hard. (that's up to Simon though)
    With a star point guard, solid semi-stars like Granger and West, and the developing George & Hibbert, we're going to have among the best defensive starting 5 in the league, and our bench is going to be good too.

Defense+Depth+5 good all-around consistent starters = contenders.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At a glance this trade looks good for everyone but you'd expect the Celtics to wanna get a draft pick thrown their way. Besides they are trading away the best player involved in the deal. Beside that, Yes please!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Taking a good look at this now that I'm at my CPU and not my phone.

Suns:
    I come to the same conclusion with the Suns and Gortat. His contract is awesome per production and he will be 28 in a few days. I just don't see the Suns doing this. Quality Centers are hard to get in this league.

Celtics:
    Celtics should love this deal as I mentioned earlier...this deal would probably win them a championship this year. In fact, I would give that team another go at it next year and resign Allen and KG on the cheap and build their bench up in the summer!!

Pacers:
    Pacers, I would do Warrick as he has a T.O. after next season and 4.25mil isn't gonna hurt for the one year. No way would I take Frye's contract and he is everything the Pacers are not! He play's pussy ball! I am having a hard time giving up 2 picks here too. DC, Hans, taking on Warrick's contract and a 1st pick for Rondo is plenty. But I don't think of Rondo like a lot of people do. Pacers take 2 of 3 of their best contracts away in DC and Hans, take on 14mil (rest of cap) and will have to sign Hibbert and Hill to around 16 to 20mil and we have a worse bench that needs to get better. Overall, I really don't like this trade for the Pacers.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If teams don't overvalue their players I think this works out nicely...

Suns are rebuilding and sure Gortat is nice, but by the time they get good again he will be well into his 30's most likely, and while some bigs continue to produce in their mid 30's others not so much.

Rondo is good, but if they want to win now while they still have a chance to win. Making a trade like that really really helps out their team. Nash is not that much of a drop of from Rondo overall, he may not have the same speed, but quicks are still good, he can do everything in the passing game, and they also receive the added bonus of bringing on another guy that can hit shots.

Pacers do it because grabbing Rondo is an improvement, and if PG's shot can ever become consistent then they won't need rondo to do much but just distribute to the guys around who all are pretty good making open jumpers.

Best trade I have seen in a while, takes into consideration now and the future for all teams.
    Why so SERIOUS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I've checked with Celtics & Suns fans. Celtics like it (obviously), Suns are 50/50. Some of them like Gortat way too much.

Make it happen, Larry! Get us Rondo without trading any of our other 4 starters!

I would love to get Rondo. We need a better point.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Banned

The good old NBA Trade machine says Boston would be a +10 in Wins, we would jump a +2 and the Suns would be -7. If we gave up the same players and added Nash over Rondo it says we move to a +6.

Im damn near desperate for this deal to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im damn near desperate for this deal to go down.
    just not a fan of giving up 2 picks, but who knows if it would come to that.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just not a fan of giving up 2 picks, but who knows if it would come to that.
    At this point, knowing what this team lacks in a PG and knowing what Rondo is capable of, giving up 2 first would be a no brainer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post: