Thread: David Aldridge and Lang Whitaker on NBATV's The Beat list Roy as the obvious backup in the All Star game

Default David Aldridge and Lang Whitaker on NBATV's The Beat list Roy as the obvious backup in the All Star game

They don't discuss him directly because they only talk about the guys that didn't show up on both analysts lists. That's some pretty good news for Roy, I'd think.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...r_reserve.nba/
    Last edited by MnvrChvy; 02-06-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: David Aldridge and Lang Whitaker on NBATV's The Beat list Roy as the obvious backup in the All Star game

I'd almost rather our guys get the rest. But the honor is nice, if it happens.

Default Re: David Aldridge and Lang Whitaker on NBATV's The Beat list Roy as the obvious backup in the All Star game

This is one of those moments where I wonder if we actually want to see Roy there. Now don't get me wrong, I love seeing a Pacer get recognition and become an all-star, but I wonder if it would put an even bigger chip on this team's shoulders if no Pacer got in?

There's obviously no concern with Roy settling or becoming content if he gets named. The guy's a competitor and has an amazing work-ethic. But would it spur these guys on even more if no one from the team made it?

I'm not actually saying I don't want to see him make the team, I'm just asking hypothetically if it would be better if he doesn't.