Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89

Thread: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

  1. #51
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,367

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Suns have said repeatedly they won't trade Nash unless he asks to be traded... Nash has looked point blank at reporters and has said he's not that type of person that would ask for a trade, and he can't walk away from his teammates.

    So unless one side does a 180, he isn't even available for a trade... the whole 'willing to consider' part from the suns isn't about if the price is right, it's about willing to do so to respect Nash if he wants to be traded.
    If I was the FO, I would probably trade Nash regardless, HOWEVER, I would try my hardest to make sure that he was traded to a contender.

    Afterwards, I would tell Nash personally, "You were too nice, and it's for your own good. Now, go try to win a championship to add to your resume.".

  2. #52
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For argument's sake, let's say it is only Collison and our 2012 1st round pick.

    Would anybody even hesitate at that?
    Yes, though less than I would have a month ago. I think more of this team now than I did then, so maybe it really would be enough to reach the Finals, but I just don't like trading a guy who's in his 3rd year and doing okay at his position for an admittedly great guy who has to be getting pretty damned close to the end of this.

    I like trading youth for prime players, not so hot about trading youth for end-of-career guys. He's still playing great, but I really question how much longer that will be the case. It's a miracle he's done all that he has since Dallas punted on him many years ago. Eventually the wheels will come off, right?

  3. #53
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes...
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=per

    There are 31 players in the NBA averaging at least 20 minutes and 5 assists per game. Not all of these guys are point guards, but most of them are.

    Collison is 28th when you sort it by PER.

    He may be getting better, but he isn't irreplaceable. I think you take the chance on a Nash rental for this season. You hope he will re-sign with you in the off-season. If he opts to go somewhere else, you can probably find another point guard to replace Collison without losing much.

    Nash makes this team easily the 3rd best team in the conference. I don't really think anybody can beat the Heat in 7 games this year, but we'd have a much better chance to do with with Nash than we would with DC. I think it's pretty much a no-brainer if all you're giving up is Collison and a late 1st round pick.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,297

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, though less than I would have a month ago. I think more of this team now than I did then, so maybe it really would be enough to reach the Finals, but I just don't like trading a guy who's in his 3rd year and doing okay at his position for an admittedly great guy who has to be getting pretty damned close to the end of this.

    I like trading youth for prime players, not so hot about trading youth for end-of-career guys. He's still playing great, but I really question how much longer that will be the case. It's a miracle he's done all that he has since Dallas punted on him many years ago. Eventually the wheels will come off, right?
    The dude keeps himself in phenomenal shape.

    I'd do a first and DC for Nash, but I'd try to find a way to get Lopez though. We still need a backup big.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you take the chance on a Nash rental for this season. You hope he will re-sign with you in the off-season. If he opts to go somewhere else, you can probably find another point guard to replace Collison without losing much.
    Just like that? I'm not so sure it'll be that easy to recover if Nash leaves. We'll have no Nash, no DC, and it's not a guarantee yet that we'll have Hill, either. We don't have a Troy Murphy-esque trade waiting for us this time to get another one, either. And without our 1st rounder, we're not going to draft him, either.

    Nash makes this team easily the 3rd best team in the conference. I don't really think anybody can beat the Heat in 7 games this year, but we'd have a much better chance to do with with Nash than we would with DC. I think it's pretty much a no-brainer if all you're giving up is Collison and a late 1st round pick.
    I think we already are the 3rd best team in the conference. At worst tied with Philly for that distinction. I think with Nash we could beat Miami, but I'm puzzled why you would even push for renting him if you don't believe that we could win. It's a total wasted trade if that's what you project.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just like that? I'm not so sure it'll be that easy to recover if Nash leaves. We'll have no Nash, no DC, and it's not a guarantee yet that we'll have Hill, either. We don't have a Troy Murphy-esque trade waiting for us this time to get another one, either. And without our 1st rounder, we're not going to draft him, either.



    I think we already are the 3rd best team in the conference. At worst tied with Philly for that distinction. I think with Nash we could beat Miami, but I'm puzzled why you would even push for renting him if you don't believe that we could win. It's a total wasted trade if that's what you project.
    I think we'd have a better chance of signing him in the off-season if he's on the roster this year, than we would otherwise.

    As is, I can't think of any logical reason why he wouldn't sign with the Knicks if he was going to leave Phoenix.

  10. #57
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,367

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nash makes this team easily the 3rd best team in the conference. I don't really think anybody can beat the Heat in 7 games this year, but we'd have a much better chance to do with with Nash than we would with DC. I think it's pretty much a no-brainer if all you're giving up is Collison and a late 1st round pick.
    I disagree. Miami Heat's PG spot is really not an area of concern for me if Indiana goes against them in the playoffs. I would even argue that Collison would be the better answer due to his speed and quickness over Chalmers. Even then, I don't REALLY don't believe that Miami is that much of a matchup problem for Indiana as long as Hibbert continues to play the way he does. Chicago can't exploit the middle like we can against Miami.

  11. #58
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Miami Heat's PG spot is really not an area of concern for me if Indiana goes against them in the playoffs. I would even argue that Collison would be the better answer due to his speed and quickness over Chalmers. Even then, I don't REALLY don't believe that Miami is that much of a matchup problem for Indiana as long as Hibbert continues to play the way he does. Chicago can't exploit the middle like we can against Miami.
    It's not about how we'd match-up with their point guard. It's about how Steve Nash would help the other four positions match-up with their Miami counterparts.

    If we don't make any changes, we don't have a big enough advantage anywhere in the line-up to make up for the massive advantage they have on the wings.

  12. #59
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm reading some posts from the Suns RealGM board about this...and it's pretty much what you say. If Nash said that it's best to part ways...then the Suns will accomodate him...I can see see the Suns even getting back less "trade value" in return if Nash asked the Suns to send him to a Team of his choosing....but at the same time...I can see Nash pushing the opposing Team to send back good value so that the Suns aren't totally left in a lurch.

    The FO has essentially said that Nash has earned the right to decide his own destiny with the Suns. They are doing something similar with Grant Hill. It's part of the culture that the Suns FO is trying to build. If anything, this is commendable.....especially when you see Teams like the Knicks do anything to anyone in order to get the Players that they want. It sounds like the FO has likely fielded offers to gauge his trade value....deemed it not worth the few months that they'd lose Nash and decided to go the "safe and admirable PR route" to simply let Nash go for nothing in Free Agency.

    Although I can see Nash leaving via FA to the Team of his choice...I am going to guess ( again ) that Nash's Agent will work out some better S&T deal that would net Nash more $$$$ and the Suns "something, anything" in return so that they don't lose Nash for nothing.
    While all the "respecting Nash's ability to choose his own ending with the Suns" line the management is pushing might be true, I get the feeling they are not making a move because of the negative pr, though it would probably be good for the team. While he and Hill are honorable guys, it's not like they have brought titles to town. Nash's over exaggerated flop into the scorers table against the spurs may have cost them one.

  13. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While all the "respecting Nash's ability to choose his own ending with the Suns" line the management is pushing might be true, I get the feeling they are not making a move because of the negative pr, though it would probably be good for the team. While he and Hill are honorable guys, it's not like they have brought titles to town. Nash's over exaggerated flop into the scorers table against the spurs may have cost them one.
    Flop?

  14. #61

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Obviously getting Nash would help, but I could see Nash's D getting Roy in alot of foul trouble as he is constantly having to come over to defend driving guards. DC has been pretty solid on D as far as keeping his man in front of him this year which is letting Roy stay in the games.

    The other thing about Nash, he might be 38, but he treats his body so well he could be considered younger.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  16. #62

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    a first and collison is a lot to give up for a rental when you can just get him in the off season on a decent contract. we aren't winning the finals this year. why not just wait and add young players through the draft, keep collison who would be a killer backup, AND add nash?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  18. #63

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just like that? I'm not so sure it'll be that easy to recover if Nash leaves. We'll have no Nash, no DC, and it's not a guarantee yet that we'll have Hill, either. We don't have a Troy Murphy-esque trade waiting for us this time to get another one, either. And without our 1st rounder, we're not going to draft him, either.
    If Nash left there is Aaron Brooks and RFA DJ Augustin. Personally I think its pretty risky but I could see replacements for Collison who is going to get paid sooner than later.

  19. #64
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you think this?

    Just because of the existence of the SuperTeams, is there no chance of winning a Championship over the next 2 seasons?

    I'm looking at the next 2 seasons as the window to win it all...this is how long we have West and 1 year short of when Granger becomes a UFA.....before the both of them likely bolts for greener pastures.

    Is it realistic?

    Probably not with the current roster....but is it possible if we can continue to build upon the existing foundation that we have built?

    I think so.

    If there is a chance to even RENT Nash without costing a 1st AND Collison ( but one or the other )...I'd consider it. Getting Nash builds upon what we have and gives us a better chance to win in the near future.
    You misunderstood me and read waayyy to much into what I said. My point was not that we were incapable of winning a ring.... but rather are we capable of winning a championship adding Nash to our roster. Maybe 3-4 years ago, sure... but now I don't think he's the guy to take us there. And you only have a maybe 2 year window with him. So is it worth it?

    I don't really think so. Do I think we're capable of winning a ring in that time frame? We're not quite there yet, but with the right roster moves it is possible. It just depends on the roster moves. But Nash is not my idea of a championship-level roster move. Substitute in Rondo or maybe DWill and ask me again.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 02-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. #65
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    If Larry thinks we could win it this year, sure, go get Steve Nash for say DC or George Hill and a first. Preferably Darren.

    If not, go after Steve in the summer and keep our assets while looking for another piece to add like Morrow or Kaman as old examples...

    Nash would be a fantastic addition to our team. He's everything you want in a point guard offensively. He is still playing fantastic ball on a horrible team; he will be around for a while longer. As we await our championship point guard as this team hits their prime two-three years from now, we have Nash and Darren to give us 48 minutes of above average point guard play.

    Steve Nash would get Paul and Danny good looks and we would actually put David West to good use on offense by being able to play to his strength, the pick n pop. From the looks of it, these guys plus a Steve Nash could realistically give us a (small) chance to beat Miami and Chicago in the east. I would rather wait and pursue him or Andre Miller in the offseason without giving up assets, but if we have a chance to make it then we must as well try to give our competition all we've got

    Interesting situation here nonetheless....

  21. #66
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,540

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For argument's sake, let's say it is only Collison and our 2012 1st round pick.

    Would anybody even hesitate at that?
    For both DC and a 1st?

    I'm on the fence....I'm not sure if the Pacers are overpaying.

    I'd possibly consider it if it was more like:

    DC+Pendegraph+1st

    for

    Nash+Robin Lopez+2nd round Pick

    I honestly don't know....I'd just hope that Bird and the FO can gauge what the likelihood of Nash staying for another year or two is.

    However, I wouldn't really do anything until I know whether Deron Williams stays with the Nets or ends up on the Knicks ( which is totally dependent on where Dwight ends up ). If Dwight ends up in NJ, then Deron will likely stay in NJ...hence increasing the possibility of Nash joining D'Antoni in MSG. But if Dwight ends up elsewhere and the Nets are forced to move Deron...then I can see him ending up with the Knicks...hence removing the Knicks/D'Antoni from the list of FA Options.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  23. #67
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,297

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For both DC and a 1st?

    I'm on the fence....I'm not sure if the Pacers are overpaying.

    I'd possibly consider it if it was more like:

    DC+Pendegraph+1st

    for

    Nash+Robin Lopez+2nd round Pick

    I honestly don't know....I'd just hope that Bird and the FO can gauge what the likelihood of Nash staying for another year or two is.

    However, I wouldn't really do anything until I know whether Deron Williams stays with the Nets or ends up on the Knicks ( which is totally dependent on where Dwight ends up ). If Dwight ends up in NJ, then Deron will likely stay in NJ...hence increasing the possibility of Nash joining D'Antoni in MSG. But if Dwight ends up elsewhere and the Nets are forced to move Deron...then I can see him ending up with the Knicks...hence removing the Knicks/D'Antoni from the list of FA Options.
    I was thinking something like that as well.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  24. #68
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,540

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You misunderstood me and read waayyy to much into what I said. My point was not that we were incapable of winning a ring.... but rather are we capable of winning a championship adding Nash to our roster. Maybe 3-4 years ago, sure... but now I don't think he's the guy to take us there. And you only have a maybe 2 year window with him. So is it worth it?

    I don't really think so. Do I think we're capable of winning a ring in that time frame? We're not quite there yet, but with the right roster moves it is possible. It just depends on the roster moves. But Nash is not my idea of a championship-level roster move. Substitute in Rondo or maybe DWill and ask me again.
    1st question....could we win a Championship with either Rondo or DWill instead of Nash?

    My guess is that we probably can.

    2nd question....can we get either Rondo or DWill without gutting our roster and dismantling a good part of our core?

    My guess is not likely.

    I will use that phrase everyone here loves to hate..."we will agree to disagree".

    With our current core of "Starting 7" Players....I think that we are 2 solid Players away from being a Contender that can compete against the SuperTeams. So, I can see reasons why we wouldn't make a move for Nash.

    For me, I can go with either options as I see merits with both options...however, I lean more towards the "gamble and see what we can do with Nash" options.

    I don't think that our defense would be any worse than it is now ( my guess is that Vogel will continue with "PaulGeorge / Inferno / Lance" guarding the opposing Team's PG like we are doing now while our Point Guard defends the opposing Team's SG ) ....while our offense ( the weaker part of our game ) would greatly improve. But this begs the question of whether Nash would be open to staying on for another season or two and therefore what the price that we'd have to pay in order to get him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  26. #69
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just like that? I'm not so sure it'll be that easy to recover if Nash leaves. We'll have no Nash, no DC, and it's not a guarantee yet that we'll have Hill, either. We don't have a Troy Murphy-esque trade waiting for us this time to get another one, either. And without our 1st rounder, we're not going to draft him, either.



    I think we already are the 3rd best team in the conference. At worst tied with Philly for that distinction. I think with Nash we could beat Miami, but I'm puzzled why you would even push for renting him if you don't believe that we could win. It's a total wasted trade if that's what you project.
    Orlando might beg to differ
    Sittin on top of the world!

  27. #70
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Miami Heat's PG spot is really not an area of concern for me if Indiana goes against them in the playoffs. I would even argue that Collison would be the better answer due to his speed and quickness over Chalmers. Even then, I don't REALLY don't believe that Miami is that much of a matchup problem for Indiana as long as Hibbert continues to play the way he does. Chicago can't exploit the middle like we can against Miami.
    Let's see . . . you don't think we would be better against Miami with Nash instead of DC. In fact, DC may be even better "due to his speed and quickness over Chalmers."

    This being the same Chalmers who torched us from the outside and helped lead the worst drubbing we have received all year?

    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  29. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anderson
    Posts
    1,147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They almost made it to the finals with Nash, Amare and Marion, I'm pretty sure they have a better chance in making it to the finals with Amare, Melo, Chandler and Nash.
    yea but amare, marion, and nash were all in their prime then too. Also Im not convinced Melo will ever be a "winner". Kind of like Iverson or Tmac (loose reference)

  30. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,653

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a first and collison is a lot to give up for a rental when you can just get him in the off season on a decent contract. we aren't winning the finals this year. why not just wait and add young players through the draft, keep collison who would be a killer backup, AND add nash?
    First off, this is a very strange season. Who is to say that we would not have any chance of winning a title with Nash added to the team? Personally, I believe adding Nash puts us ahead of Chicago. I'm not sure about Miami, but like I said, it is a strange season. So, who knows?

    What I am sure of is that we have about 0% chance of signing Nash this summer without him first being on our roster through a trade this season. He will have established no history with our organization and its players and would most certainly overlook us to play elsewhere.

    If we were to trade for Nash and he decided to leave anyway following the season, then I do believe that there would be free agent SGs available that would look at our roster and easily conclude that all they have to do is sign and they will step immediately into a starting position. That's not a terrible position to be in, for the player or for the front office.

    One that I believe could see that right away would be Kirk Hinrich. He's a great PG who has been relegated to be a backup for 3 years now behind excellent younger talent. He could easily step in and start for us.

    So, getting Nash now, even if it did not work out in the summer would not necessarily be a bad thing. I would bet that if we were to get Nash now and he worked out, he might be very willing to sign a contract for a couple of years at a decent reduction under what he was formerly making.

  31. #73
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    I think at this point, seeing how the West is weaker than normal at the top, and that we aren't too far from Miami or Chicago in the East, that I would highly consider making such a move.

    If we could get Nash for Collison+First, it would be awfully tempting. Even if Nash bolts to join D'Antoni in New York or something of that nature, the Pacers could always sign someone like DJ Augustin in free agency. Do I think he's as good as Collison? No, but I don't think we'd lose that much.

    Steve Nash would make us a contender, and I'd be especially intrigued to see how we could match up against the Heat. In our previous matchup, Miami suffocated our offense by trapping and constantly forcing our offense to start well beyond the three point line. I don't see that happening with Nash, he would make them pay. It also works out well that we could stick him on Chalmers who while can score, isn't exactly a scorer by any teams.

    I do think it would hurt us some against Chicago at least defensively because who guards Rose? Hamilton's a little too tall to stick Nash on, and Deng's too big.

  32. #74
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,006

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For both DC and a 1st?

    I'm on the fence....I'm not sure if the Pacers are overpaying.

    I'd possibly consider it if it was more like:

    DC+Pendegraph+1st

    for

    Nash+Robin Lopez+2nd round Pick

    I honestly don't know....I'd just hope that Bird and the FO can gauge what the likelihood of Nash staying for another year or two is.
    This I agree with. Nash for DC/1 is very iffy to me. I love Nash, probably favorite non-Pacer, and he'd be a fantastic addition to the team. Like others have said though, he leaves after the year and we are left with nothing. If it is the proposed trade above, I think I could accept that.

    However, I don't know if DC/1 is enough for Nash, and I don't really think they'd add Lopez and a 2 for Pendergraph.

    Not to mention, I don't think he'll ask for a trade, and I don't think they'll trade him if he doesn't. I wish we could just get him for cap space like Kaman ...

  33. #75
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Report: Suns Willing To Consider Trading Steve Nash

    Not sure Nash would be the greatest addition considering his age, but I do think at least against the Bulls in a playoff series with Nash we'd have no problems beating them. Nash is taller than the average point guard, and would actually do a decent job defending Rip. Nash is great at getting through screens and following his man around. He just cannot stop any sort of penetration. Ever.

    With that lineup I actually think the Pacers would stomp the Bulls. We'd have a net win at nearly every position maybe all of them. Roy, West and Granger are better than Noah, the worst PF ever, and Deng.

    Really I have no doubt in my mind it would make the Pacers immediately better. It's just I hope their is a long term plan to contend year after year, and that means building a young team around each other. I'm afraid acquiring Nash could hurt the Pacers long term chances by tying up cap space and removing the Pacers as players for other young viable talent around the league. I don't know if their is truth to that. Something tells me that. It's a bit complicated though.

    Whatever they do, I hope Bird keeps all those factors in mind before attempting a trade.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 149
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:00 PM
  2. Steve Nash of Phoenix Suns announces divorce day after son born [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 10:20 PM
  3. Lakers coach Phil Jackson fires salvo: Suns' Steve Nash carries ball [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
  4. Phoenix Suns to wear "Los Suns" jerseys for Game 2
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 11:59 PM
  5. 6/24 - Final Mock Draft
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •