Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

  1. #1
    ARTESTMVP
    Guest

    Default Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Some of you people on this forum have always been anti-Ron Artest even if it might cost us a chance to win the title. Some of you hate his "psycho" & thug attitude which you think he has. I have heard Pacer fans on these forums say they would rather not win a championshiip than to win it with Ron. Do you know how insane that is? Do any of you realize what a great chance we have to win a championship this here than we have had before? I consider us the favorites, and I have never felt like that with a Pacer team. Without Ron...we truly have no chance. Come playoff time, we need his DEFENSE and shooting. Look how he shut down Boston and Miami last year.

  2. #2
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Please tell me who said they would rather NOT win a championship if it included Ron.

  3. #3
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    This is the same thread with a different title and re-worded statement.

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    ....I think EVERYONE in here would rather not win a title than have Ron....because with Ron, theyre only going as far as his next meltdown.....who wants to root for a team whose entire future lies in the hands of a total nutcase?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....I think EVERYONE in here would rather not win a title than have Ron....because with Ron, theyre only going as far as his next meltdown.....who wants to root for a team whose entire future lies in the hands of a total nutcase?
    Exactly. I'd rather risk taking a step or two backwards in the short-term, to ultimately have a chance of making a leap forward.

  6. #6
    ARTESTMVP
    Guest

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....I think EVERYONE in here would rather not win a title than have Ron....because with Ron, theyre only going as far as his next meltdown.....who wants to root for a team whose entire future lies in the hands of a total nutcase?
    You a non-Pacer fan speaking for Pacer fans? Ron is one of the most popular Pacers. His jerseys are outselling other Pacers. I'm sorry, but I would rather be celebrating a championship with Ron than sitting home in June without a title. A championship means too much.

  7. #7
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,841

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    It is because we think Ron is the key to the title that we have been as patient even appologetic as we have been.

    It is hard to say we could never win without Ron when every other team who has won a title has done it without Ron and the last one did it against Ron.

  8. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    ArtestMVP -

    Please stop posting. Read the forums. Think for a while. Take a cold shower. Then come back.

    You're polarizing an issue that's already polar enough.

    That's a nice way of saying there are people here that aren't ready to trade Ron for a bucket of chicken, and you're making us look bad.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. #9
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    What does jersey sales and popularity have to do with your point?

    Either you're his new agent, a Pistons fan in disguise, or delusional.



    I'd rather cut my losses now, even if it meant no championship this season, so that *the team* can start its post-Ron-Artest healing and being learning to trust each other again.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  10. #10
    ARTESTMVP
    Guest

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    We have been waiting years to bring a championship home. We Pacer fans have suffered so much and have come so close...I truly believe this current Pacer team are the favorites and can get over the hump...but if you take Ron who is one of the best players in the NBA, kiss that chance good bye. I am tired of not having a championship...and losing run will push us backwards and I am not patient enough to wait a couple more years....especially since this is Reggie's last year and I love Reggie Miller. He is the reason why I am a Pacer fan and I want to see him go out with a ring.

  11. #11
    ARTESTMVP
    Guest

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does jersey sales and popularity have to do with your point?

    Either you're his new agent, a Pistons fan in disguise, or delusional.



    I'd rather cut my losses now, even if it meant no championship this season, so that *the team* can start its post-Ron-Artest healing and being learning to trust each other again.

    Once again, we Pacer fans have been patient enough for a championship. I am not ready to wait a few more years for a title. This is Reggie Miller's last season and being a huge Reggie Miller fan (the reason I love the Pacers is because of him), he deserves a ring before he retires. It is about his legacy and the legacy of the Pacers. You Ron Artest haters want to get rid of him so bad you do not realize how valuable he is...especially playoff time.

  12. #12
    ARTESTMVP
    Guest

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTESTMVP
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....I think EVERYONE in here would rather not win a title than have Ron....because with Ron, theyre only going as far as his next meltdown.....who wants to root for a team whose entire future lies in the hands of a total nutcase?
    You a non-Pacer fan speaking for Pacer fans? Ron is one of the most popular Pacers. His jerseys are outselling other Pacers. I'm sorry, but I would rather be celebrating a championship with Ron than sitting home in June without a title. A championship means too much.

    Really?


    Remember game 6 of the ECF last season?

    Who committed that flagrent foul?

    BTW, IMO we could have beaten the Lakers (thats a discussion for another day)

    but you know what prevented us from that?

    The Pistons. and what happened at the end of game 6 (hint, 40 foot 3 point shot, flagrent foul, missed dunk (not all his fault)


    (DISCLAIMER= I was/still am Artest biggest fan, but look at all that and tell me that he doesnt hurt our team. OR OUR TEAMS NBA TITLE CHANCES AT THAT

    He had a meltdown last year, I will admit that.
    I am not blind. You must admit though, a big reason we even got to the E.C. Finals was because of Ron. He lifted us against Boston and Miami single handely and shut down his opponents and dominated on the offensive end. Ron has matured from last year, and I am sure once it comes to the big games he will not have a meltdown. That is why Carlisle benched him for 2 games so he learns his lesson now...not when it is too late.

  13. #13
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Ron has matured from last year
    Um, I think its very clear that he HASN'T matured from last year.......

    You must admit though, a big reason we even got to the E.C. Finals was because of Ron
    ...he's also a big reason why you got ELIMINATED.......

    As a Pistons fan, I really want the Pacers to keep Ron, because I can always count on him cracking at the right time.

    But as someone who's been around here for close to THREE YEARS now, unobjectively, I think he needs to go. Will the Pacers win it without him this year? Probably not, but they have a much greater chance winning it all in the near future.

    Much better than getting back to the playoffs and watching Ron implode again....

    Its one thing watching your team get outplayed, but to watch your season end because your top guy implodes? I can't fathom how frustrating that would be.
    [edit=64=1100205481][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #14
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    I was hoping you'd find out, but Rasheed kept his lid on

  15. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was hoping you'd find out, but Rasheed kept his lid on
    Ironically enough, Rasheed HAD his own rap show on local Portland radio. However, he quit it when it started getting in the way of his basketball.....

    He said he has no intention of resuming his music hobby in Detroit.

    Also, Rasheed's teamates have always loved the guy. There has never been a case of him melting down mentally in the clutch....
    [edit=64=1100206088][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #16

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    A few years ago some teams probably thought that JR Rider would lead them to a title.

    Every once in a while there are all-star talented players with 2 cent heads. Often those guys wind up out of the league, despite their talent, and the teams that lost them are better off for it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  17. #17
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTESTMVP
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....I think EVERYONE in here would rather not win a title than have Ron....because with Ron, theyre only going as far as his next meltdown.....who wants to root for a team whose entire future lies in the hands of a total nutcase?
    You a non-Pacer fan speaking for Pacer fans? Ron is one of the most popular Pacers. His jerseys are outselling other Pacers. I'm sorry, but I would rather be celebrating a championship with Ron than sitting home in June without a title. A championship means too much.

    Really?


    Remember game 6 of the ECF last season?

    Who committed that flagrent foul?

    BTW, IMO we could have beaten the Lakers (thats a discussion for another day)

    but you know what prevented us from that?

    The Pistons. and what happened at the end of game 6 (hint, 40 foot 3 point shot, flagrent foul, missed dunk (not all his fault)


    (DISCLAIMER= I was/still am Artest biggest fan, but look at all that and tell me that he doesnt hurt our team. OR OUR TEAMS NBA TITLE CHANCES AT THAT

    What people seem to forget is that w/o Artest's play, the Pacers would never have faced the Pistons. Ron avg. 21 ppg, 5 rbs. in the 1st 2 rounds. JO avg. 20.3 ppg and 7.6 rbs. It could be argued that Artest was every bit as valuable as JO during the playoffs last year.

    That being said, now that I've seen the bench step up and play very well, I'm not as convinced as I was 3 months ago that the only way this team wins a championship is w/Artest. This team is extremly deep (the deepest in the league) and very talented. The entire team seems to have bought into Carlisle's system and it shows with the way they can plug different people in and they execute the gameplan.

    With or w/o Artest, this team is a championship contender.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  18. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    I don't agree at all with the statement that started this thread.

    Everyone knows I am probably the biggest Artest supporter ever, but I can understand why so many are down on him, wondering if the Pacers can win with him

  19. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    I don't agree at all with the statement that started this thread.

    Everyone knows I am probably the biggest Artest supporter ever, but I can understand why so many are down on him, wondering if the Pacers can win with him

  20. #20

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    I will continue to believe in Ron.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. #21
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,087
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    I haven't red all the post in this thread, so I might be repaeting something (sorry if I do).

    I was like you, ArtestMVP, just 3-4 days ago. I wanted to take the chance that he might have a breakdown because I thought he was to good and he was all about the team.

    I got upset when Pacer fans would talk about his negative side because I thought he was mostly past it. I even made a thread were I got mad at Hicks (though I posted it just as a normal question) for having a Peja avatar, because i felt like he was betraying a vital player who was all about winning (I know it sounds kind of stupid).

    Well this latest act is the worst thing Artest has done and it shows that he is not all about the team. Artest went form my favorite player just 4 days ago to now someone who I don't want to see in a Pacer uniform again. If he remains a Pacer for the season, I will still have hope. The only way he can redeem himself in my eyes is if he helps lead this team to a championship this season (not in spite of him) without any problems from now on. I now have joined the doubters. Hopefully if he stays here he doesn't force anyone else against him. You have to understand that we are not hating on Ron. He has made it hard on us Pacer fans to like him despite what he brings to the table.
    [edit=106=1100209449][/edit]

  22. #22
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to understand that we are not hating on Ron. He has made it hard on us Pacer fans to like him despite what he brings to the table.
    *ding ding ding ding ding*

    Exactly. We are not Ron haters, we are Ron doubters, and that doubt if formed from his actions.

  23. #23
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    I am NOT willing to throw away a championship by jettisoning Ron for nothing. If Sheed can win a championship for Detroit, I can live with Ron getting us one too.

  24. #24
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...

    Did I really just read that come playoff time we need Ron's shooting? Somebody pinch me, this can't be real.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •