Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 132

Thread: Kevin love stomps on scola

  1. #51
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,588

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola


  2. #52

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    It didn't look like Austin meant to step on his opponent to me.

  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,421

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    The stomp was intentional. Throwing the ball at his nuts was unintentional...it was just a bad throw. Heck, I've done it before on accident, because the ball was slipping out of my hand right as I was trying to throw the ball at my opponents' legs.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    It looked like he saw that Scola had his arms in the way of his foot and knew he was going to trip if he kept going, so he put his foot down to keep from falling down. There was a fast break and he wanted to get down the floor.

    I'm gonna guess if we hadn't just had the Love/Granger/tough guy issue in the last few days people wouldn't be jumping all over this as much.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna guess if we hadn't just had the Love/Granger/tough guy issue in the last few days people wouldn't be jumping all over this as much.
    Granted. But because he HAD just cheap shouted Granger, then made snide/bizarre comments after the game, then did this a couple of days later, a pattern of behavior emerges.

    I watched the game with the Minny announcers wondering why Granger was bothered.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks unintentional to me.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  12. #57
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granted. But because he HAD just cheap shouted Granger, then made snide/bizarre comments after the game, then did this a couple of days later, a pattern of behavior emerges.

    I watched the game with the Minny announcers wondering why Granger was bothered.
    This is his 4th year in the NBA. Is it really a 'pattern' if you notice two events in four years? I am aware the events were closer together than that, but in 4 years this is the sum of the evidence you have.

  13. #58
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    It's not a pattern at the moment, but he said a pattern emerging, which I could see. Also, this is Minny's first year in the spot light sort of. So it is possible, although I don't know and I doubt it, that he has had a little of this in him before and it just went unnoticed.

    Overall I'd say it's definitely too early to say he's a dirty player or any thing, but it's definitely worth watching and seeing if any thing else happens.

  14. #59
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,668

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    I really don't think he did it on purpose.

  15. #60
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    I don't think he went into that play planning to stomp on anyone's head, but I think he saw an opportunity for a small cheap shot at a down player and took it. Yes, he was fighting for position and the ball, but he made an effort to kick down and backwards at him.

  16. #61
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think he went into that play planning to stomp on anyone's head, but I think he saw an opportunity for a small cheap shot at a down player and took it. Yes, he was fighting for position and the ball, but he made an effort to kick down and backwards at him.
    Really? Who thinks like that?

    A stomp is not even the correct word to describe it. He stepped on Scola. He didn't go out of his way to stomp him like Suh. There was literally nowhere else his foot could have landed with the way his momentum was carrying him. It was certainly a foul on the play before that but I don't think the stomp was intentional.

    I don't see the fuss, sorry.
    Last edited by rexnom; 02-06-2012 at 07:19 AM.

  17. #62
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Here's a link for the Love apology: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...in-love-stomp/

  18. #63
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,668

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    good thing the Wolves aren't very good. who knows what kinda ire a post game celebration like this could draw;



    way to leave Anthony Tolliver hangin

  19. #64
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,706

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Poor Tolliver

  20. #65
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,588

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    good thing the Wolves aren't very good. who knows what kinda ire a post game celebration like this could draw;



    way to leave Anthony Tolliver hangin

    The Wolves are 12-12... at .500 right now in what is currently the toughest division in the NBA. Has anyone looked at the records in the Northwest Division?

    OKC 18-5 (.783)
    Denver 15-9 (.625)
    Utah 13-9 (.591)
    Portland 14-10 (.583)
    Minnesota 12-12 (.500)

    It's the only division without any teams under .500 and that record ties them with Memphis for 10th in the super-competitive West -- but they're also only two games out of 5th.

  21. #66
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,706

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    I agree on Wolves being a good team this year. Not an elite team but they definately deserve to be above .500

  22. #67
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,668

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    I'm a 2011/12 Pacers fan, I laugh at .500 records.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  24. #68
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,510

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's a link for the Love apology: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...in-love-stomp/
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/138721959.html
    Said Love: "It happened to be his face, just like Houston, where it happened to be my groin."
    Interpret that as you will.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:


  26. #69
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Ya, sounds really sorry...

    I no longer like him at all.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  28. #70
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Who thinks like that?

    A stomp is not even the correct word to describe it. He stepped on Scola. He didn't go out of his way to stomp him like Suh. There was literally nowhere else his foot could have landed with the way his momentum was carrying him. It was certainly a foul on the play before that but I don't think the stomp was intentional.

    I don't see the fuss, sorry.
    You really don't see a problem with it? Love is not an old man that can barely walk, it's not hard to hop on 1 foot to avoid stepping on Scola. I've hopped on 1 foot to avoid stepping on my dog before, Love couldn't even show that respect to a human.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trey For This Useful Post:


  30. #71
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    just watched the video in OP's post and i have to say i disagree with most of you guys, that looked completely unintentional.

    and those refs sure were letting them play. love was getting butchered at the other end.

  31. #72
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it is unintentional, the dude's not exactly sorry. Again, I don't know of anyone that accidentally steps on someone's face and doesn't even bother to turn around and check.

    And the scuffle with Granger has nothing to do with it in my case. I'm in the minority that doesn't really think that incident was all that dirty, but this most certainly is. The "apology" means nothing, he's just spinning it because he knows a suspension's coming.

  32. #73
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    You don't accidentally step in the middle of a guy's chest playing basketball especially as you are running up the court.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. #74
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,786

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Ken Berger
    Busy day for Stu Jackson. Wolves' Kevin Love suspended two games without pay for kicking the Rockets' Luis Scola Saturday, league says.
    2 minutes ago

    Love suspended for "driving his foot into the upper body and face" of Scola, league says. Incident upgraded to flagrant foul, penalty two.
    2 minutes ago

    Love will serve suspension Tuesday vs. Kings and Wednesday at Grizzlies.
    1 minute ago

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  35. #75
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin love stomps on scola

    Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and those refs sure were letting them play. love was getting butchered at the other end.
    So it's justified?

    The phsyicality of the game doesn't have any influence on whether or not you think stomping on someone should be acceptable or not.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. David Stern selects Kevin Love to replace Yao Ming at All-Star Game [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:00 PM
  3. Kevin Love Talks Leaving Minnesota (kind of)
    By SMosley21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
  4. Kevin Love tweets that McHale out as Wolves coach [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 03:41 AM
  5. Mount Rushmore of Pacers
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 05:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •