Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

Like one poster said, even if it did go into overtime, we probably would have ended up crawling through the court. Orlando also looked gas at the end too. In the end we just weren't getting good shots up and were relying too much on jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC zero assists in 38 mins, jesus christ.

Tyler is pretty much the only one who didnt play like a horse's *** tonight.
    hard to get assist when everyone misses

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Another schedule loss....................
    Are you trolling or what?

Dang just got back into town to see the last couple 2nds of the game. Ist game I've missed this year. Sounds like I didn't miss a thing.

Dallas lost tonight too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    I lost count how many times a guy got open, and he just could not get the ball to the open player... opposite of last night DC was very frustrating to watch tonight.

I proud how hard our guys played tonight with dead legs... just wish we would have moved the ball more.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bad shot selection most of the night imo. Also tired of watching Howard get away with running into the lane and launching his shoulder, arm, or elbow into the defender. Kind of happy we don't have one of these entiled whiny a$# superstars on this team.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Tyler had one.

Take these next two games to get a bunch of rest. They kept on fighting even though most weren't playing well. It's a bummer, but if you told me at the beginning of this 5 game stretch we were going to be 4-1, I'd take it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Also, does Ryan Anderson lead the league in uncalled travels? The dude should be called twinkle toes for how much he moves his feet in the post.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Banned

I still think that we had a chance to win until Vogel decided to bring Danny, West and DC, why do that if you know they are playing like crap? even Lou was doing a decent job on Howard.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I still think that we had a chance to win until Vogel decided to bring Danny, West and DC, why do that if you know they are playing like crap? even Lou was doing a decent job on Howard.
    Lou and Tyler were our MVPs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Lou and Tyler were our MVPs.
    I was like, "please Vogel don't take them out" and then he did and we know the result.

I also don't understand how our point guards don't take advantage againts two crappy point guards in Duhon and whoever the other guy is, pathetic.

Mood

Sports Logo

I'm just going to keep riding the PG Express and feel lifted out of the negativity. He covered the stat board, unfortunately making 3 turnovers compared to last night's zero.

Regardless, he had 13 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. Although the 4-of-12 field shooting and 2-of-7 from 3 is embarrassing, it's still an impressive effort after having a career game last night.

Again, like many others, we lost this game to the schedule. We've really killed it this past week, and we're likely to keep up this action. Just get some rest, and pull out of this slump before we face Jamall Tinsley and the Utah Jazz in a few days.

Also, I can't wait to see Paul get Gordon Hayward back for that one dunk...

witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Looking back I think Tyler should have played more than 20 minutes as he was bringing needed energy and it seemed like those playing with him were more mentally in the game while he was on the court.

Lou also did a good job but probably would have fouled out had he played much more lol.

The starters were pitiful for the most part.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    In a sea of mostly bad news...

I've got to say, that was one of the poorest blocks I have ever seen.

I love Paul George, but keep the macho testosterone out of the block. The shot could have, and easily should have, been snagged out of mid-air. Almost as important as the block itself is who gains possession following the block. In this instance George could have easily gained possession and started the break towards our score.

Mood

One of the dreaded "just one of those nights" games. The kind where most of the exceptions to the rules (in a bad way ) rear their ugly faces and we have to sit back and try not to vomit while the disaster unfolds on the hardwood.

I hate watching these games, but mercifully they only happen every so often, and so I'll just try my best to move forward and forget about it. It's only worth dwelling on when it becomes a trend/habit.

On note: Tyler looked like he had his mojo back a bit tonight. So that's nice, at least.

Damn I hate losing to Orlando. They just seem like the kind of team we should handle more often than not. Funny enough, it was in THEIR house when we took care of business as I originally would have expected us to do at home (both times). What an obnoxious flip-flop.

Well, hopefully we're back to normal versus the Jazz (especially since I'll be making an all-too-rare-these-days appearance at BLF).

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

HC

didn't see this one but it looks like they didn't give up.... can't win them all.... looking foward to utah on teusday!

What happened with the Granger-Richardson scuffle?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Alright, so a loss is a loss, and it's to be expected here and there. They clearly looked gas, and I don't half blame them, but...

When you're gassed, what's the best way to score? Move the friggin ball. Pass it around. And they didn't. They were gassed, and isntead of going for low-energy efficient scoring, they went 1-on-5, crashing into the paint and throwing up out-of-control shots. It seemed to me that a certain few guys were looking for their own shots, maybe because a certain SB spotlight was semi-shining on them? Either way, it backfired. The issue was mainly with our starters, so you can guess who I'm talking about. Our starters got owned tonight. The bench was actually keeping us in it.

They were expending a lot of energy on the defensive end, also, which was great to see. But end result was --- they were gassed, and yet they kept their foot on the gas pedal, and they needed to pass the friggin ball around. Move the ball more, and yourself less, when you're tired.

Also, tonight, they seemed to work outside-in, rather than inside-out, and I didn't get that. It seemed like Roy wasn't used much. I just don't know what happened to the decision-making tonight, on the coaching level and on the player level. Didn't seem like we made any half-time adjustments, either, after I just posted earlier how great our halftime adjusting has been this year. Orlando played a crappy game, and we couldn't get past them. This was a winnable game, despite the fatigue... the proper decisions just weren't made, across the board.

First rule of thumb when playing Orlando --- Go at Howard, go at Howard, go at Howard, because he WILL foul, and when you get his fouls up, he sits. We didn't go at him. They needed to just feed Roy incessantly, and instead we were jackin up 3s and goin' 1-on-5.

Hope this is a lesson learned, because a lot of mistakes were made tonight. They completely got away from what works for them.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 02-05-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

The next time we play Dwight, I want to do it like Tyler and Lou did. Our first unit gave him way too much respect. Take it to him!

Howard is a player with great physical ability but with some real limitations too. He is an awesome force within 5 feet of the bucket both offensively and defensively. But he struggles on both counts beyond that range. Tonight, too, he hit a lot of his FTs. That's extremely unusual.

Take the game to him! Use our depth! Make him foul us!

Our game tonight was to settle for jumpers that didn't go in. Settling for Js is precisely what the Magic wanted us to do.

When Dwight's on the bench, the Magic are a pretty limited bunch. They're a pretty limited bunch even with Dwight not on the bench. They're mostly 3-point jump shooters that can't create or handle the ball well at all. We didn't do much to exploit Dwight or the rest of the rumdums that surround him. Dwight knows they're rumdums too. That's a big reason why he wants to be traded.

Yeah, I know. It's easier said than done. But what happened to our "smashmouth" game with our first unit?

Tonight, it was our second unit that carried us. They were the ones that turned the Magic over and attacked the basket. If we'd gotten only a little more of the same from our starters, we'd have won this game.

Still, without sounding like Pollyanna, we played about as poorly as we possibly can tonight, and yet right there at the end the game was there for the taking. This was another one that we so very easily could have won. One of our 3s falls; we hit a couple more FTs and it's different. Our defense was solid. The effort was there all night. These are positives that we can take from this game.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 02-05-2012 at 12:46 AM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

I really hope Dwight Howard gets traded to a west coast team.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    What happened with the Granger-Richardson scuffle?
    Granger accidentally elbowed him, Richardson didn't like it and kept jabbering after already getting T'd up. Granger didn't even realize he had hit him.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I love Paul George, but keep the macho testosterone out of the block. The shot could have, and easily should have, been snagged out of mid-air. Almost as important as the block itself is who gains possession following the block. In this instance George could have easily gained possession and started the break towards our score.
    The play just made #10 on ESPN.

Paul George is a man whose motor is always on. Can't argue with that.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Granger accidentally elbowed him, Richardson didn't like it and kept jabbering after already getting T'd up. Granger didn't even realize he had hit him.
    I've gotta say, this is happening a lot this year. And it's the third time I've seen Price break it up by getting in the middle. He's going to end up getting punched. Tonight's was hilarious, I swear he got all bossy on Danny and Tyler.

Okay you all have to get over this schedule loss thing. It was only a back to back at home. That is not a schedule loss. Dallas Texas is only like a 3 hour plane ride.

Vogel did not utilize our depth very well. This would be the game you bring Lance in and tell him to take it to the rim and draw fouls.

I would have given both Lance and Dahntay more than 11 mins. If you are on tired legs, then you win by getting to the line. Not shooting more jumpers. Magic had a back to back and a terrible trip just to get here. I guess that equals a schedule win for them.

Reality....we better hope we don't have to play Orlando in the 1st round, cause we will get spanked. We just don't match up well with them unless we are firing on all cylinders.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.