Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Default 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

What a game. That Danny Granger.... you won't like him when he's angry (unless he's on your team, in which case you love him).
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Danny scored 36 points on 19 shots, incredible.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Do we have two All-Stars this year?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

SMASHMOUTH!

Great team win. Played tough defense. Great, aggressive offense. Very good play tonight. Let's keep it rolling against the defending champs!

Great win! I hope they can get enough rest to play well in Dallas, seems like Granger was getting tired at the end..

DG has to produce like that with Hill out.

That was the 08-09 Granger out there, only better. What a great win.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:

Not only do the Pacers play 15 of 22 on the road to start the season, they are playing teams with winning records in almost every game. The next three are all against teams with winning records and the four before New Jersey all had winning records.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    seems like Granger was getting tired at the end..
    No doubt. Two nights in a row of 40+ minutes will do that to you.

Get that man some rest. He's earned it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Massive win indeed and i will happily admit i was one of those before the game who was saying that i couldn't see a win for us.As i said in the match thread,Danny was out of this world and all of our starters had double digits in scoring.Very happy about that.Poor PG had to be benched early in the second half because of foul trouble but i honestly thought we would see him in the 4th.Anyway congrats to the players and the coaching staff for the win.

PS:Oh for all his sucking yesterday,did you see how well DC responded with tonight's performance?He was very good.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Danny scored 36 points on 19 shots, incredible.
    It's worse than that.

Danny was 2-8 for 7 points at the end of the first half. That means he scored 29 points in the second half, on 11 shots. It also means he went 7-11 in that timeframe.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul George didn't play much, but you can see it. You can just see it. Once he realizes how easy he can get his shot like he did on that step back on Webster and the confidence to just do it .... goodness he's going to be hard to stop. One day he's going to be the guy you give the ball to and just get out of his way.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

And for the record: I don't care what the Minny announcers say. That was an intentionally dirty play by Kevin Love.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    And for the record: I don't care what the Minny announcers say. That was an intentionally dirty play by Kevin Love.
    I'm not sure if I would call it dirty. To me that implies intent to hurt someone. It was just pure frustration and a really stupid foul. That much is certain.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Danny's second half was unbelievable. He went 7-11 and 11-13 from the line for 29 points

Granger is awesome!

P.S.

I'm glad George is becoming a good shooter now.

Learning shooting is very key in the league and as long as he has his jump shot, he will continue to improve by working on his handles and going to the paint.

He's on pace to be a 20+ ppg scorer if he continues to improve his attacking skills which he has all the tools.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

It's worse than that.

Danny was 2-8 for 7 points at the end of the first half. That means he scored 29 points in the second half, on 11 shots. It also means he went 7-11 in that timeframe.
    ha should have refreshed before i posted my previous post.

Couple things:

-Did a great job of containing Kevin Love. He got his numbers, but his percentage wasn't that great and we didn't let him score when he needed to.

-Great games by our five starters, especially Danny, Roy, and Collison.

-We really need to upgrade our bench if Hill is going to be out for a while.. AJ, Lance, and Lou are just not volume enough scorers to stay competent against other benches. It's okay to have one or maybe two sometimes, but three is just too much. Keep Hansbrough and Dahntay while making moves to get a more cohesive unit.

-Dahntay is becoming a very good bench player. He's playing like the Dahntay of Denver, which is great.

-I love Danny.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

With time, we are going to quit making those silly turnovers, especially in the first two quarters. When that happens, look out!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course it was and he clearly went for Danny's heated reaction and to get him mad.What annoyed me the most though is the constant arm hooking into his opponent's when he goes for a rebound in order to cheat the refs and get a foul.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Great game by DG. Paul played well too in limited minutes.

I love the "new Dahntay Jones"

Tyler Please get more confident. He misses a lot of shots, a lot of times..that's not what's unusual. His lack of confidence is unusual.

I thought Lance and AJ both did what I was afraid/thought they might. Tried to do too much. At some point Price's shot will come back. And the game speed will adjust for them.

Roy played well tonight, I thought. As did David.

Nice to see DC bounce back too. It seems like he usually has a great third quarter.

I liked the effort from everyone.

Guys. We have something VERY special here. We're only going to get a lot better too.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

All I have to say is Thank goodness for the Wolves not taking george..

Dude was our enforcer the first half. He kept us in the game. Second half frank must have chewed some serious ***. We responded great! To no surprise.. We have made great half time adjustments this whole season.

Danny is playing 08 esque. There is a fire that has been lighten. He is playing like the GRANGEROVER!

DC man wow what a game. Played some excellent D on Ricky Martin and didn't allow the easy passes. Got his offensive game going..

Kevin wanted to act like a tough guy but got his *** handed to him. And I am a huge UCLA Fan..

Great game. Now can we please make it 4 in a row now? we have been flirting with this for a while.

By me ^^

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    ha should have refreshed before i posted my previous post.
    Nope, I appreciated having somebody check my math.

Enjoy your time at PD!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    All I have to say is Thank goodness for the Wolves not taking george..

Dude was our enforcer the first half. He kept us in the game. Second half frank must have chewed some serious ***. We responded great! To no surprise.. We have made great half time adjustments this whole season.

Danny is playing 08 esque. There is a fire that has been lighten. He is playing like the GRANGEROVER!

DC man wow what a game. Played some excellent D on Ricky Martin and didn't allow the easy passes. Got his offensive game going..

Kevin wanted to act like a tough guy but got his *** handed to him. And I am a huge UCLA Fan..

Great game. Now can we please make it 4 in a row now? we have been flirting with this for a while.
    You can tell that Danny just wants to win. We have a team that is damn good and I think Danny loves playing here right now.