Thread: Fatigue?

Default Fatigue?

Am I the only one concerned with Vogel's lineups on games which are back to back? It seems like on a majority of the back to back situations, even with the game in hand, he's keeping our guys out there for a long while.

I didn't take the time to look over everyone's minutes, but the 31 year old West coming off surgery logged 37 minutes last night. Paul George had 41.

Is this because of our small roster size? If so, why hasn't a move been made to bring in a Solomon Jones type player at the bare minimum? We have 11 active players right now.

Am I the only one concerned with this?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Fatigue?

I would have to get a broader sample when it comes to B2B games to answer this. In yesterday's game, the Starting 7 ( minus GH ) did play well above their regular minutes...but I do not know if this is an anomaly or not. On average, no one has played more then 32 mpg...where the frontcourt of Hibbert, West and Hansbrough average between no more than 24, 28, 29 MPG respectively.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

West and George were the two biggest reasons we won that game last night. Vogel is doing what needs to be done to win games. George is playing more minutes with Hill out.

We've only lost one game on the second of a back to back (our first one against the Pistons after beating the Cavs), we have won 3 though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Before the past couple of games we were talking about how well we had shared the playing time between our starters and the bench and there even was a case that Vogel might rested the starters a bit too much in some games.Now we are gonna worry if they will be fatigued?Of course there will be but not down to Vogel.All the teams are facing that and it's clearly a schedule thing.We needed them(West and PG) a lot, as it was said,to win the game yesterday as we needed Danny to play some extra minutes in Minnesota.I'm pretty sure Danny broke the 40 MPG mark just in the games against Miny and New Jersey.He is the first one in that category with 34.3 MGP.West has 29.6

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Our bench kinda sux to produce offense and to win games against the better teams the starter minutes will be high or they won't win.

The higher minutes last night are caused do to Hill being out and playing a very good team. It was a statement game and they didn't want to lose.

If the team has a good lead at the right rotation time and the bench can somewhat maintain then the starters will sit longer. But again, last night, the starters had to play more just to maintain and ultimately pulled ahead and won the game.

I am sure the front office have been and will continue to get some help to strengthen the teams depth.

If I remember right, in Granger's last 4 games he's played 37,41,41,37 minutes. The problem with that is fatigued players are more susceptible to injury. So yes I'm worried about it, I don't want our fairy-tail season to end because of an injury.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

it looks like vogel is doing the thing most coaches do as the season goes on, he plays his good players too much. every year, every coach, team struggles and the good players start playing 40 mpg and the scrubs 10.

at some point, vogel is just going to have to let the bench play, instead of waiting for them to have a good game.

Well, the bench was awful last night. But they were actually pretty good tonight (probably better than the starters in a lot of ways) and should have played more.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Has there been any update on Hill?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has there been any update on Hill?
    Denari said they'd know more on Monday, but referred to it as a sprained ankle..

at the game last night.... and u could tell they looked exhausted... i understand which is y i wasn't upset over the loss

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Prophetic.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

I do think fatigue had something to do with last night and hopefully we can adjust minutes in the future to help with that. As the season continues we should find that balance with the starters and bench and keep our guys fresher, especially against the tougher teams.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one concerned with Vogel's lineups on games which are back to back? It seems like on a majority of the back to back situations, even with the game in hand, he's keeping our guys out there for a long while.

I didn't take the time to look over everyone's minutes, but the 31 year old West coming off surgery logged 37 minutes last night. Paul George had 41.

Is this because of our small roster size? If so, why hasn't a move been made to bring in a Solomon Jones type player at the bare minimum? We have 11 active players right now.

Am I the only one concerned with this?

I thought you were done with this team??

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...965&highlight=

I'll let Larry tell you how I feel about fans like you........

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

10 Day contracts about to be allowed maybe we will get a player here and there to spell guys/ help when ones injured.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."