Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

I really think if we can beat the Magic tonight we have a little 2 day break at home and then play the Jazz who will be on their second game of a back to back, and then the Hawks who are pretty much without a center after Collins went down Roy should have a monster game that game. Then the next two games are a set of back to backs at memphis which can't be taken lightly and then the next night at home against the nuggets who are pretty dang good themselves.

i mean both teams played last night but the magic have to fly to cindy then take a 2 hour flight to INdy.... i would be pissed if i were the magic...

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Candace Parker is the only player I've ever seen get a 5 for 5 night.
    Tinsley had one. One of only six NBA players to ever do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_...)#Five-by-five

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This. And you're not alone, my friend. Me, Johanvil, that guy from Portugal, that guy from Germany, a guy from the Netherlands. There are a lot of international Pacer fans and this team really deserves it
    Where you from, Nuntius?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    It looks like the "light" has come on for the kid. Games like this show what he can truly be. Other times he fades but I charge that to the fact that he's the young gun. He's still earning his stripes. No worries at all.

This team is a team we can be proud of. And the Pacers are starting to gain some real recognition. We keep playing like this and its gonna be mighty difficult for quality free agents just dismiss Indy.
    We keep playing like this we won't need free agents!

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    found this interview online
    Nothing too interesting but thought i'd share anyways

...and i have no idea what D210 is (D for dallas i guess). Also, the interviewer seems super nervous & is pretty awkward lol
    she wants paul

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    For some of you "old timers," I was in my mid teens when Smits was at his best, am I wrong in saying Roy's better right now than Rik ever was?
    I would say Roy is almost as good offensively as Rik right now and will be better before it's over with.

But Rik was a defensive liability. This year, Roy has become nearly as good a defender as Antonio Davis was, who had to play at the end of games instead of Rik. Roy may soon become as good or better than AD as well.

That's a two for one, folks.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

From a skill level I like Roy, but it's not one on one.
    Rik played a little too far out near the perimeter for me. Frustrating to watch a 7'4" guy do that. Roy plays down in the post, and that's very satisfying.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I just want to know one thing.

Did the Mavs say they hate the Pacers and will play more physical next time, exacting revenge?

With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    i mean both teams played last night but the magic have to fly to cindy then take a 2 hour flight to INdy.... i would be pissed if i were the magic...
    Two-hour bus ride, not flight. I'd be kind of pissed, too, but what can you do when the NBA gives you a road game the night before the Super Bowl in the host city.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Being a scorer is the reason to shoot, if we wanted a passer we should have took Lawson or kept Josh. Also when on the outside passing you can't draw fouls getting other players on the bench and feasting on the bonus or getting in faster. We don't have Hill and Tyler got 1 shot in 19:22 or the same as Lou who played 2:25. We got by with West and PG going off like they did tonight but that's not going to be the case every night and with no Hill for a while we need to get Tyler scoring off the bench.

I may be in the minority here but that extra .37 APG and bad passes aren't worth the loss in scoring and fouls drawn as well as the getting him in the flow of the game on both ends along with those shots not taken going to people like Lou, AJ or a Dahntay Jones circus shot in the lane.
    I don't think you are in the minority that would prefer the Tyler the Pacers had before to the one they have now. That doesn't mean that what the Pacers did by trying to teach him to pass was the wrong decision though. The Tyler of before was a useful but deeply flawed player. Sometimes you have to go backwards in order to correct some of those flaws in your game, and that's what Tyler is doing right now. Hopefully as he continues to pass he'll learn from experience when is a good time to pass and when is a good time to shoot. If he doesn't, they very likely will be able to have him revert back to what he was before. If he does learn though, he becomes a far more useful player.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I saw that look on the Jet's face....he was like...WTF happened there?
    They could have called a body foul.

But I think refs give the benefit of the doubt to the player making a highlight play.

Kid's got the swagger, besides, look at that hairline. LL Cool PG. Seriously, PG could OWN this city eventually. Reggie owned it because he could play ball, PG could own it because he can play ball AND be marketable. I don't want to overstate it, but that's huge in today's NBA.
    Let me mention this here because I don't see it said much.

Paul George has great court vision. In my opinion, he is only a ball-handling upgrade from becoming Lebron-esque.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    I don't think you are in the minority that would prefer the Tyler the Pacers had before to the one they have now. That doesn't mean that what the Pacers did by trying to teach him to pass was the wrong decision though. The Tyler of before was a useful but deeply flawed player. Sometimes you have to go backwards in order to correct some of those flaws in your game, and that's what Tyler is doing right now. Hopefully as he continues to pass he'll learn from experience when is a good time to pass and when is a good time to shoot. If he doesn't, they very likely will be able to have him revert back to what he was before. If he does learn though, he becomes a far more useful player.
    If he was going to be asked to be a starter going forward implanting the pass first seed would been fine but when his role was to score off the bench and push for a 6th man award its killed his game. He's in for 18-22 a game when he's out there it was to attack revere bigs not shoot long jumpers and hand off to others to do the same.

He's taking a full shot lower this year than he did last year despite playing more time, and that's even with getting big shot totals to start the year. I can't see how even the Tyler haters could think how he;s being uses is good for him or the Pacers. If our starting 5 has any hiccups as of late we start losing quite a few games as screwed as our bench is right now.

Gotta Play Big

Good lord. Compare Paul's demeanor to DeMarcus Cousins. We are so incredibly fortunate.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned

If Roy has a bad game PG's shooting percentage from 3 could be better than our best overall FG percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Let me mention this here because I don't see it said much.

Paul George has great court vision. In my opinion, he is only a ball-handling upgrade from becoming Lebron-esque.
    I've been saying George's passing is underrated for ages. He makes some awesome passes he just doesn't have the ball in his hands a lot so no one notices.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Pacers trivia: Jamaal Tinsley posted a 5x5 during his rookie year. 12 pts 9 reb 15 ast 6 stl 5 blk. Heck, he had a 6x5 if you count fouls

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...111160IND.html
    I didn't realize that, but I'm not shocked. He could have been a great one if it wasn't for his injuries and work ethic....

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I have a feeling after the Super Bowl it's gonna start getting more crowded in BLF.

Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    HEY LISTEN ME INDIANA. I m waking up in the middle of the ****ing night to watch this team from thousands miles away, you better get your *** of from your couches and support this team. Because they deserve.

Yep. No excuse whatsoever to EVER see an empty BLF.

It will be a packed BLF once the SB is over with because I have never seen a top team who had poor attendance EVER. Especially it wouldn't be here in the Indiana for Pacers. No way Jose!

Tonight is a great beginning to terrific crowds!

But gulp...........Tuesday night against Utah?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05...4&minorcatid=7

Somebody on the team really needs to speak up about this because EVERY night should be a near sellout.

This is a team in contention. This is Indy's team! This is Indiana's pro basketball team for crying outloud!

These guys DESERVE a home crowd.

These people don't have anything better to do and I am 99% certain that once the SB is over, BLF will be the place to be again. Just like the early 2000's.

The spotlight will be ours.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I could be wrong....but in the Post Game interview on NBATV, I thought that Dwight said that the Magic have to go through Cincy VIA BUS ( not plane ) to get to Indy. Hopefully it was a really bumpy ride driving into Indy.

One thing to note....I recall in one of the Post-Game threads after a loss where the Pacers were returning from the West Coast trip...someone ( was it Anthem? ) said that it is not uncommon for a Team to lose that game. I am not going to be surprised if the Pacers lose tonight....the Magic have the "revenge" factor and we flying back East in a B2B game. If the Pacers lose tonight... Regardless of how they do, I'm going to give them a pass tonight.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

she wants paul
    NO HES MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Tinsley had one. One of only six NBA players to ever do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_...)#Five-by-five
    and Tins was the shortest one by like 6 inches...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Turns out that suit is still lucky Danny Granger. If we got top 3, we could have ended up with Turner or Cousins or Johnson.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post

Turns out that suit is still lucky Danny Granger. If we got top 3, we could have ended up with Turner or Cousins or Johnson.
    Way to hide your dissapointment there Danny.

Also I know I'm not the only one who thinks we came out ok in that draft.

In fact if you compare Wall & George right now in 6 less min. a game the only real stat that John is killing Paul on is assists but he has the ball in his hands 70% of the time so he should be passing out assist.

I don't know if Paul will be better in the longrun or not but I know that when he is aggressive there are few young players that I would take over him and John Wall isn't one of them.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post

It'll be a while before we are back in the lottery. That's a great feeling.