Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

every time i feel like we are due for a loss, we win anyway. never dreamed we would be 16-6. what a great season so far

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My guess is that it's one of two things. The team has been learning the offense and that means moving the ball. Tyler's game had always been predicated on him shooting it and usually going to the line. The issue is, the team is not all about Tyler...and he needs to figure out how to fit into it.

My other guess is that the injury to his eye also affected his confidence just as the team was learning the new offense. It could be that he's behind and lacks some confidence.

He also hasn't been playing with the same force. Kind of reminds me of the year he had the head issue.
    I think it might be your first point, that the Pacers want to play more of a TEAM game. Or other players are starting to play much more physical on Tyler. I used to be really frustrated every time Hansbrough takes the ball inside without even thinking about passing to the wide open guys on the perimeter but if this is the Tyler we're going to get, I think we should all be concerned. Tyler is a huge part of the Pacers bench when he's playing well, IMO we've got one of the best benches in the NBA, but when he's playing like this 4-6 ppg, I think we're gonna have trouble with some of the elite teams in the NBA.

I also don't think at this point Hansbrough have enough weapons/moves to be a consistent scorer. I know this has been discussed many times and Tyler has proved these people wrong many times as well, but to be honest IMO around 90% of his points come from midrange jumpers and drive to the middle of the lane weird jump hooks. Those are both easy to defend IMO Tyler needs to learn some moves from West.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:

Chris said I made good TV. Did anyone see me in my trashy homemade area 55 shirt

6. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    every time i feel like we are due for a loss, we win anyway. never dreamed we would be 16-6. what a great season so far
    Before this game started I thought for sure we were gonna lose. Man I just keep underestimating these Pacers!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    What a game to watch live. Its been since 04 since I have been able to watch this game in person and leave happy.

I was right behind the bench and Georges body language was amazing. He had this swagger that was like... This is nothing big, he made it look so easy and inside the offense.
    Are u the area 55 guy?

Banned

Chris said I made good TV. Did anyone see me in my trashy homemade area 55 shirt
    Yep we saw you

El Pacero was looking for you on Twitter, he said he wanted to give you his shirt. That's quite an honor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I would marry that aggressive Paul George.

Just bought a PG24 ABA Jersey today while at the Super Bowl Village, and then he plays like this. Anyone want to fund me the money to buy one before every game?
    god it was crazy down there tonight. But I got to see Cooper lol.

PG24 was like PG at Fresno 2night that is why I feel in love with his game. He has the mindset of a star he left college because he felt the players on his team didnt want to win. He gets it.
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Frank Vogel on Paul George: "He's oozing confidence. ... He's good at pretty much everything." (Comment: Where do I co-sign?)
    1 hour ago
    I dont think there was a better prospect at taking and making tough shots the year he came out. I was telling people that he would be a beast. I still think he will average 24/6/3/2/1 when he is in his prime. At Fresno he played like he was the best player on the court regardless of who he was playing (all the greats IMO have this trait)

Last year Paul really pissed me off even when I met him after a game I told him "go back to playing like you did a Fresno especially mentally" . Paul last year was really passive and was shooing like he forgot how to shoot. I am just glad he is proving me right last year had me doubting a bit.

Every week this team just keeps getting better.

I don't see how anyone could think this team is not on the verge of being a contender if not one already.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    I think it might be your first point, that the Pacers want to play more of a TEAM game. Or other players are starting to play much more physical on Tyler. I used to be really frustrated every time Hansbrough takes the ball inside without even thinking about passing to the wide open guys on the perimeter but if this is the Tyler we're going to get, I think we should all be concerned. Tyler is a huge part of the Pacers bench when he's playing well, IMO we've got one of the best benches in the NBA, but when he's playing like this 4-6 ppg, I think we're gonna have trouble with some of the elite teams in the NBA.

I also don't think at this point Hansbrough have enough weapons/moves to be a consistent scorer. I know this has been discussed many times and Tyler has proved these people wrong many times as well, but to be honest IMO around 90% of his points come from midrange jumpers and drive to the middle of the lane weird jump hooks. Those are both easy to defend IMO Tyler needs to learn some moves from West.
    You might be right...but IDK. What I do think is, you are describing worst case for Tyler. I think we've already seen Tyler snap out of similar slumps and start playing well again. I suspect we see that happen again. At the same time, it is very hard to gauge how good he is and if he can ever be consistent. Very hard to figure IMO...

Yes. lol. Quinn dubbed you a real fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I wouldn't trade Paul George for Eric Gordon.
    I'm glad I won't be on such an island on this topic anymore!

And I like Gordon.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Paul George's block and three point sequence, if it's not the top play on ESPN tomorrow morning, I will eat my keyboard.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Holy crap, I know it's soon, but this could be the emergence of Paul George.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

BTW... I loved this little Quinnism...
    "Make 'em play defense"
    IOW... work the ball around, make them have to think and react... make them have to work... Make the game hard for them....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Paul George's block and three point sequence, if it's not the top play on ESPN tomorrow morning, I will eat my keyboard.
    That was such a huge turnabout in that game, not just a huge sequence for PG. Terry's going in for an easy layup to cut our lead to 3, gets nullified, and PG comes back and hits a quick 3, boom we're up 8. That swung the momentum that the Mavs had picked up which started with Delonte's 3 at the end of the 3rd and ended on PGs block/3. We extended the lead from there and won easily. Huge play.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

For some of you "old timers," I was in my mid teens when Smits was at his best, am I wrong in saying Roy's better right now than Rik ever was?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Winning is so much ****ing fun. What a fantastic time to be a native Hoosier. I'm beaming with pride between this team and an incredible Super Bowl atmosphere. I would kill to be there.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes we did.

abmowrey Alan Mowrey
    http://lockerz.com/s/180457873 No more DIY #Area55 T's. Going to a Pacers road game? Send a SA, stamped envelope & I'll send an Area55 Tshirt
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Holy crap, I know it's soon, but this could be the emergence of Paul George.
    Yeh. I thought he could have games like this, but I thought he was a year or two away.

I hope he keeps the same attitude and work ethic, I believe he will.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

"such is life" SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    For some of you "old timers," I was in my mid teens when Smits was at his best, am I wrong in saying Roy's better right now than Rik ever was?
    Your wrong rik smits is a legend and Roy is will hopefully become one. Defensively Roy is a lot better than smits ever was
    THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU HEAR MY VOICE , NEXT TIME YOU WILL SEE MY FACE

I'd take Roy this season over Smits any day. In retrospect, Smits was probably better than I gave him credit for. Offensively he was pretty good usually. Defensively... wellllll... But about the time he might've been starting to really find himself injuries set in and limited his effectiveness. But then by that point we had AD and DD and that meant Smits wasn't as important overall to the team to have on the floor. If he had it going on you could roll with him... if not... well... manage his minutes and let AD and DD allow us to be more physical.

Roy is more of a physical presence than Smits was... IMO...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know how you know this is a great question? I have tried to reply to it three different times with three different answers and couldn't settle on any of them. I honestly see a lot of parallels between the two. Not just their game, but their roles on the team. I'll give the edge to Smits right now, if only because he proved he could be the starting center on a highly successful playoff team. Roy still needs to prove it over time. But Roy at his best vs Smits at his best is a total tossup for me.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

From a skill level I like Roy, but it's not one on one. And not even the numerous high quality teams Rik anchored, but his competition. I mean we're talking Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, Shaq, etc, tons of just stellar 5s. Roy's got what, Dwight and...Bynum?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I haven't seen the game yet. What's up with Tyler?

Frank took away his aggressiveness and therefor his confidence when he attempted to make him a passer.

Wide open shots he would once take in rhythm now are passes or has hesitation in which allows defense to close the gap. Since the big work on the offense practice Tyler's numbers went from 11.67 PPG down to 5.8 PPG, FTA from 5 a game down to 2.5 and FG attempt's 9.67 to 5.4 with a potion of that lower total coming off offensive boards all the the gain .33 assists per game to .70 and a weaker bench.