Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 346

Thread: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

  1. #1
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Mangle the Mavericks!


    Game time: 8:30PM EST


    TV: FSN-Indiana

    STARTERS:

    For your INDIANA PACERS



    And for the Dallas Mavericks



    SEASON RECORDS
    15-6 (9-5 Away)
    14-9 (9-4 Home)

    INJURY REPORT
    George HIll is out for the Pacers. Jeff Foster is questionable for the Pacers. Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, and Brendan Haywood are all day to day for the Mavs but are expected to play.

    And now for our sponsored section of the game thread brought to you by Jack Link's Beef Jerky...


    THE MESSIN' WITH SASQUATCH KEYS TO THE GAME




    MASH unit. The Mavs have been dealing with some injury problems to 3 key rotation players. Marion, Odom, and Haywood are all expected to go tonight, but they may not be 100%.

    Dirk's downfall? Since returning from a knee injury Sunday against the Spurs, Dirk Nowitzki has been terrible. Shooting terribly from the floor and averaging only 9 PPG. Will he get off the snide tonight against the Pacers or is something bothering our good friend Herman?

    Rick Carlilse's Coaching Clinic. IMO, Rick is the only reason this team is currently at 14-9. They have not played exceedingly well and their best player is in a slump that makes Danny Granger's start to the season look like a barn burner, while also dealing with injury issues. IMO, if the talk about our young leagues and athleticism being an advantage this season is true, this is the type of game where we should see some real return. Paul George needs to take half man, half old country buffet to the hole at every opportunity.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Dirk is just an unfair cover. Hopefully he beats himself on offense because we don't really have anyone who can bother him very much. Honestly Danny might be the best cover because Danny is very strong for his position and also has length (and he himself feels post D is his strongest point on that side of the ball). I think Granger has the best mix for trying to check Dirk.

    Otherwise, West and Tyler can win the trench battle, but he can easily shoot over them or in West's case drive by him. Roy has more than enough size and length, but Dirk could drive past him as well (though if Roy was very smart with using his length the way Paul George does with point guards, this could theoretically be effective in small doses).

    Paul George is kind of like putting Danny on him, but Paul just doesn't have that strength yet that Danny does.

  4. #3

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    I agree with Granger on Dirk, but then you have DWest trying to guard Marion. Tough call.

  5. #4
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with Granger on Dirk, but then you have DWest trying to guard Marion. Tough call.
    I think i'd opt for that. Marion's obviously quicker and his handles aren't bad, so i'd have West sag off of him a little bit and hope Matrix doesn't hit his shots.

  6. #5
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #6
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Dirk hasn't really been dirk lately his shooting has been off. He also has came out after the last game and said that he's not confident in his movement yet because of his knee problems. So I think we'll do ok with Dirk just hope that we're not the ones he gets his confidence back on.

  8. #7
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,232

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Just hope Dirk doesn't decide to go off on us. We don't have anyone who can guard him. PG could, but Dirk would expose him with multiple pump fakes cause PG jumps way too early. PG would just end up in foul trouble.

    No, you can't stop Dirk, so the key guy to stop tonight is Jason Terry.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  9. #8
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...medium=twitter

    By Jeff Caplan
    DALLAS -- Rick Carlisle coached the Indiana Pacers to the Eastern Conference finals and through the much darker days during the aftermath of the brawl in Detroit.

    He loves the way team president Larry Bird has re-built a team that has only Danny Granger and Jeff Foster left from Carlisle's years. The big addition in free agency for this season was former New Orleans Hornets forward David West, who initially appeared on his way to Boston before choosing the Pacers. With 7-foot-2 center Roy Hibbert emerging and Granger continuing to lead the team in scoring, the Pacers are off to a 15-6 start and they've done it despite playing 14 of 21 on the road, going 9-5.

    "They're now a championship-contending team," Carlisle said. "Now they're in a healthy place financially with their cap. Larry Bird has done a phenomenal job. That team would be second in the West with their record. That's the other thing, the schedule's coming back to them because they're going to be home a lot. Look, they have a really, really good veteran, young team. They can beat anybody."

    Records: Pacers (15-6); Mavs (14-9)

    When: 7:30 p.m.

    Where: American Airlines Center

    TV: FSSW

    Radio: ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM; 1270 AM (Spanish)

    What to watch: The Mavs expect to have Shawn Marion, Brendan Haywood and Lamar Odom back in the lineup tonight. Marion hyperextended his right knee in Wednesday's game, but he played through the pain and said he'll play tonight. Without Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki slumping, Dallas needs its top players in the game and that includes Haywood's interior defense and rebounding, and Odom as well. It's high time that the 6-10 Odom, one of the more versatile fowards in the game, comes through, not only for his production, to help ease Nowitzki's minutes. Nowitzki played 38 minutes in two of the last three games since his return and that's likely too many.

    Key matchup: Roy Hibbert vs. Brendan Haywood
    Haywood said Thursday that he expects to play and the Mavs need his 7-foot, 263-pound frame to man the middle against the 7-2, 260-pound Hibbert. The fourth-year pro out of Georgetown has quietly become one of the top centers in the league, averaging 14.0 points on 52.5 percent shooting and 9.8 rebounds. Haywood won't match his scoring, but he has to be a force in pushing Hibbert away from the basket as well as making his presence felt on the boards. Hibbert is a big reason why no team grabs more rebounds per game than the Pacers, who rank seventh in rebounding differential. Dallas ranks 18th.

    Injuries: Pacers - G George Hill (left ankle) is out; F Jeff Foster (lower back) is out. Mavs - G Jason Kidd (strained right calf ) is out; F Shawn Marion (hyperextended right knee) is probable; C Brendan Haywood (lower back) is probable; F Lamar Odom (stomach) is probable.

    Up next: Mavs at Cleveland Cavaliers, 6:30 p.m., Saturday


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #9
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.


    I cannot really tell you how much I disagree with this. Then again, everyone is entitled to his opinions.

    K, about the game now. It's a hard match up. Dallas is good in its home court. They are a good defensive team as well (they allow less points than we do). They only allow 35.6 points in the paint per game and are second in that category (the team that's first in this category is the Raptors and we know that they gave us fits both times). Roy needs to be in top shape and our perimeter offense needs to hit its shots. West hitting his pick n' pop jumpers would help, of course.

    I hope we get this. It will be amazing if we do. It will not be a catastrophe if we don't get this, though. Let's hope we give our best

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #10

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.
    Weird. I've never really seen anyone that thinks Dirk is a douche. He's one of the more likable people in the NBA imo.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weird. I've never really seen anyone that thinks Dirk is a douche. He's one of the more likable people in the NBA imo.
    Make it International basketball, in general. Most people in Europe consider him a hero due to him playing with his national squad from 1999 while only missing two tournaments. And that while knowing that his squad would not achieve anything anyway.

  15. #12
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,291
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    no doubt Dirk will be Dirk tonight. Pacers are slump busters.

    also i saw someone on a Mavs forum say that West has been a bad matchup for Dirk in the past... not sure about that

  16. #13
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Outside of Dirk, I just don't think the Mavs will beat the Pacers today. They don't have the bench strength like we do.

  17. #14
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,291
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't have the bench strength like we do.


    our bench sucks right now

  18. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.


  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:


  20. #16

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    PAcers are 6-0 or 9-0 when hitting 6 threes or more hahha.


    By me ^^

  21. #17

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.
    Fixed.

  22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  23. #18
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    any word on the extent of Hill's injury cause Denari made it sound like it wasn't as bad as initially thought the last game.

  24. #19
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    I think David West has actually been one of the few guys who has defended Dirk pretty well in the past. We'll probably at least start the game that way.

  25. #20
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,400
    Mood

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.
    Really? I have never seen or heard of this before. I remember watching him play in Germany and after the game he was very approachable and was great with the fans staying nearly 30 minutes after the game signing autographs and taking pictures.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:


  27. #21
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    our bench sucks right now
    Actually I think Lou has been pretty damned impressive over the past 3 games.

    Dahntay Jones has been a solid contributer for a month now.

    A.J. Price has just played one game recently so there is no way I'm going to judge him by the Min. game.

    Lance was almost brilliant in the N.J. game but came out and flubbed the Min. game, let's see how he does tonight.

    Tyler has been in a slump since he got hit in the head. It could be some of what has occured or it could just be the league has adjusted to him again and he has yet to counter. Again let's give it time.

    George Hill is out.

    So while our bench is not equaling our starters at the moment I just don't agree that it sucks right now either.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  29. #22
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,876
    Mood

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Hopefully we take our pills tonight.

  30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  31. #23
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,039
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Douchebag.




  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  33. #24
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully we take our pills tonight.
    this is one of the best posts I have ever read

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  35. #25
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Game Thread 22: Pacers @ Mavericks 2/3/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    wow that's quite a bit of patience and the guy never really said no, even at the end he told the kid just give me 10 minutes even when his friends asked him why he didn't say no his response "it's for a kid" seems like a really nice guy to me

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Real one yet to come, but Pacers pass eye test
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Hawks Don't Want Horford To Test Market
    By pacers74 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 03:49 PM
  3. Travis Henry test positive again
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •