Thread: Larry Bird Interview on Dan Patrick Show

Default Larry Bird Interview on Dan Patrick Show

Interview from last Wednesday.

Bird is definitely in good spirits in this interview.

Indiana Pacer president Larry Bird joined the show to talk about his season and more.

Bird said he canít come down to the mobile ManCave because heís trading for Kobe Bryant and LeBron James today.

Dan asked Bird if he expects to the make playoffs. ďIf I donít make the playoffs, they should fire me,Ē Bird said.

Bird commented on Magic Johnson as well. ďIíve cried three times in my life, all of them were because of Magic,Ē Bird said.

Bird said that he thought Magic was going to pass before the baby sky hook. Bird said it was a lucky shot, half-kiddingly.

Bird also commented on LeBron James. ďThat Lebron James is about as good a player as Iíve seen,Ē Bird said. Bird said LeBron is too good not to win a title.

Dan tried to convince Larry to come down and shoot, but he didnít fully commit yet.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Larry Bird Interview on Dan Patrick Show

its a hilarious interview. Definitely worth listening too. Tomorrow is the day we find out if Larry goes down to the set and takes the challenge.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I could honestly listen to Larry Bird tell stories all day.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

It'd be awesome to see Larry put up some shots with Patrick, but imagine working your way through all those people to get there if you're him. I wouldn't blame him for not showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'd be awesome to see Larry put up some shots with Patrick, but imagine working your way through all those people to get there if you're him. I wouldn't blame him for not showing.
    I think he can do it easily. Dan has had some amazing guests on this week, i'm sure they can get Larry there.

Deadspin has some of the best stuff transcribed

http://deadspin.com/5881817/larry-bi...cause-of-magic

On his Pacers team this season:
    "You know we made some additions with George Hill and David West and you know obviously we had a young team and they got better over the summer. To say that we would have the record we have now I don't know if I could say that but I told my owner that I thought we would win between 34 and 38 games this year. It's a 66 game season. That's sort of my goal and hopefully we can do that."

If his team is playoff caliber:
    "Oh yeah. It all depends on injuries but if I don't make the playoffs they should fire me."

What loss hurt more to him as a player: Magic in the garden with the hook or Magic in the NCAA Championship game:
    "Jesus. Well I've cried three times my whole life and all three of them was because Magic did something to me. Probably college. The hook, if I remember I played it right, he came across the middle and Kevin (McHale) and Robert (Parrish) came after him and I thought he was going to pass it to (Kareem-Abdul) Jabaar because out of the corner of my eye I saw Kareem slip to the basket and I thought he was going to go in for a dunk because he was open. Actually it was a pretty lucky shot if you really get down to it."

On LeBron not having the killer instinct:
    "Everybody is a little different but I will tell you what? That LeBron James is about as good as I've ever seen. I mean this guy is unbelievable. I'm not going to say he's a Michael Jordan and all that but he ain't too far behind. He ain't too far behind Kobe either. He just hasn't made some plays down the stretch and he will. He will win multiple championships before he's out of this league. You can't be as good as him and not win."

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

One would think he'd get down there to capitalize on the Pacers success and sell a few more tickets. Need to strike while the Colts are down.

larry seems happy

If I had one wish, I would wish to be Larry Bird's best friend.