Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Default Re: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Did anyone else hear Denari mention during the broadcast that Hiills ankle was NOT broken just sprained and he may be back hopefully in a couple weeks? Sounds like good new...

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, I think it was a mistake by the coaching staff to try to get him to play a more team oriented game... I think he was oblivious to the fact that he was trigger happy, and now that is in the back of his mind all of the time as he tries to make passes and isn't as aggressive in the post.
    That's an interesting point... huh.

If we somehow added Nikola Pekovic and Anthony Morrow and George Hill got healthy.... A Hill/Jones/Morrow/Hansbrough/Pekovic bench would just fit perfectly.

Pekovic can do a little bit of everything and is tough as nails.
    No doubt. Hard to believe they got him in the 2nd round.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    Did anyone else hear Denari mention during the broadcast that Hiills ankle was NOT broken just sprained and he may be back hopefully in a couple weeks? Sounds like good new...
    That's GREAT news, thanks. The League Pass feed was from Minny.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Danny and Roy should be all-stars this year. Danny is probably more deserving and Roy probably has a better chance because of position.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Confirmed. I did indeed hear that! (I just hope he knows what he's talking about)

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Love 2 Min reporters: “I’ve said all along I’ve never liked the Pacers. I guarantee the next time we play them it will be just as physical.”

I LOVE HOW TEAMS HATE US!!!! It's because we're gooooood.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1364012]

-We really need to upgrade our bench if Hill is going to be out for a while.. "AJ" , Lance, and Lou are just not volume enough scorers to stay competent against other benches./QUOTE]

It's not like Price didn't shoot enough in the game... 1-7. Sorry, he shoots too much for me. Please no "he's the only one on the floor that can score so he needs to shoot" tripe. 1 ast in 15 minutes is atrociously terrible. If he doesn't find his PG game, he's not long for the NBA.
    I wish he hadn't shot so much. He plays much better when he looks to run the offense. I'm sure he felt like he needed to score more because of Hill's absence, but he had Dahntay, Danny, and Tyler all on the floor with him.

edit: I thought it was a sprained ankle and a bone chip in his foot, not a broken ankle?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Things are looking better if Granger's shooting touch is returning.
    What do you mean IF? It HAS returned! His last 5 games he's shooting 43%. That's up from about 30% for the first 15 games. I think we're about to see Danny go on a tear like he had in '09 where he had 30-40 every other game for like a month.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Love 2 Min reporters: Ive said all along Ive never liked the Pacers. I guarantee the next time we play them it will be just as physical.
    He sounds mad.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    He sounds mad.
    Derrick Rose is that you?

By me ^^

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Love 2 Min reporters: “I’ve said all along I’ve never liked the Pacers. I guarantee the next time we play them it will be just as physical.”

I LOVE HOW TEAMS HATE US!!!! It's because we're gooooood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    He sounds mad.
    You mad bro?????

Haha please Kevin, you did try to play rough already.. it didn't work. Keep hatin'!

EDIT: I don't ever remember him hating us all along... we play them like once a year..? Just mad. We'll do it again whenever your ready for your rematch!
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 02-01-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw he was listed as out with a sprained ankle on the box score tonight....

Hoping hoping hoping!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

IIRC he never said it was NOT broken, all he said was Hill was out indef with a sprain. He never corrected any of the bone chip reports, I wouldn't get to excited about that just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    T

Hard to believe they got him in the 2nd round.

IIRC, after he was drafted, 1st pick in the 2nd round, he stayed in Europe until last season. I became aware of him last year. Then lately with Darco out he started and put up some good #'s. He should replace Darco as the starting 5, and Darco should be the b/u not Pekovic.

Mood

Is there anyone in the league more smouthmouth than Pekovic?? Love his game even though he isnt very skilled.

Danny probably overreacted but I cant say I blame him probably would of done the same thing. Got to defend yourself and way to play hard by Danny tonight.

Amazing 2nd half by Danny and DC. With G. Hill going down we needed someone to step up and they both played probably their best game of the year. That's becoming a theme here lately for Danny.

I got to give Danny much respect for not snapping, and get tossed from this game. How can 3 refs watch that replay and not call a flagrant? Not only that, but then to turnaround and give Danny a tech...wow. I watched the replay a few times and it was clear it was a foul Love made out of frustration. He hit Danny twice, the first time in the lip and the second time he grabbed him by his neck and pulled him backwards while Danny's momentum was moving forward. That type of foul can blow a knee out. He had every right to go ape ****, but to his credit he took it in stride and proceeded to drop Minny off at the curb. Really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    What do you mean IF? It HAS returned! His last 5 games he's shooting 43%. That's up from about 30% for the first 15 games. I think we're about to see Danny go on a tear like he had in '09 where he had 30-40 every other game for like a month.
    Actually he is shooting close to 48% over the last 5 games. He is hitting 43% from 3 in the last 5. Also taking 7 FTAs

Outside of Pekovic the Wolves are an extremely soft team.

Kevin Loves " skills " around the rim consists of hooking , holding and then flopping. Probably the softest player in the NBA IMO.

With Hansbrough I am wondering if he is working out on gameday.. Anyone that has done that knows that it can really take your touch away. That and he should try not to jump as high on his jumper since its probably causing him to struggle getting the same motion and release point every time especially for a guy his size.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    All I have to say is Thank goodness for the Wolves not taking george..

Dude was our enforcer the first half. He kept us in the game. Second half frank must have chewed some serious ***. We responded great! To no surprise.. We have made great half time adjustments this whole season.

Danny is playing 08 esque. There is a fire that has been lighten. He is playing like the GRANGEROVER!

DC man wow what a game. Played some excellent D on Ricky Martin and didn't allow the easy passes. Got his offensive game going..

Kevin wanted to act like a tough guy but got his *** handed to him. And I am a huge UCLA Fan..

Great game. Now can we please make it 4 in a row now? we have been flirting with this for a while.
    I agree, but just wanted to say that's a really cool sig pic. It's like Roy is head faking both ways and there is a vague picture of some guy in the middle about to get schooled.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Actually he is shooting close to 48% over the last 5 games. He is hitting 43% from 3 in the last 5. Also taking 7 FTAs
    Yes if you include tonight's game. My math was from the 5 before this one and they didn't have this one on his gamelog yet.

Pacers steamrollin everyone, gettin all the star players mad when we punish them.

God I love this team.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No doubt. Hard to believe they got him in the 2nd round.
    Not too hard. Nikola was making a lot of money in Europe so in order to offer him a similar amount of money and persuade him to come to the NBA they had to get him in the 2nd round.

I doubt that Pekovic would leave Europe for a rookie-scale contract. He played for a team which was contending for the Euroleague year in and year out (even if they are my team's arch-rivals).

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Yes if you include tonight's game. My math was from the 5 before this one and they didn't have this one on his gamelog yet.
    Gotcha, I had just checked before I read your post.

Also, Darren Collison completely out played Ricky Rubio.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Not too hard. Nikola was making a lot of money in Europe so in order to offer him a similar amount of money and persuade him to come to the NBA they had to get him in the 2nd round.

I doubt that Pekovic would leave Europe for a rookie-scale contract. He played for a team which was contending for the Euroleague year in and year out (even if they are my team's arch-rivals).
    The thing is damn near every year you can get a first rd talent in the 2nd rd from a European player you just have to be patient. Also you have to hope they want to come over and also develop like you think they can.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish they would have clarified if Hill has just a sprain or a sprain with a chip fracture. Big freaking difference from what I've read.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post: