Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Default Re: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler Please get more confident. He misses a lot of shots, a lot of times..that's not what's unusual. His lack of confidence is unusual.
    Yeah, something's up. Even when he got his "And 1" he looked confused as he went to go shoot his free throw.

And some of his missed jumpers were just awful.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Guys. We have something VERY special here. We're only going to get a lot better too.
    A lil off topic ......anyone else see a Pacers vs Thunder finals in the next couple of years? I do.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Much bigger win than most probably realize imo

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers straight up beat down a competitive T-Wolves team that reminds me of us last year(they compete in a lot of games, but are in the game to compete and not to win). I was really happy to see a great game by just about everyone. AJ and Lance tried too much. I expected it out of AJ, but was really hoping to see the same Lance we saw on Tuesday. Granger....wow. He went "Hulk-mode" on them after the K-Love foul. Also note that DC wayyyyy out played the flashy Rubio. Just saying....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Paul only played 19:22 minutes. He only had 4 fouls. He should be well rested for Dallas. He will need it vs Terry and Carter.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And wow. I think Lance was nervous or something. He looked terrible tonight. I think he hyped tonight up too much knowing he was going to get extra time and it just came off as nervousness.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You can tell that Danny just wants to win. We have a team that is damn good and I think Danny loves playing here right now.
    I'll tag on that. Danny had 36 points with, what, 4 minutes to go? 6?

He didn't take any more shots after that. I thought he might try to force a couple to get to 40, but I don't even know if he knew how many he had. He just kept playing D, moving the ball, getting other people involved, and cheering like crazy when one of his teammates scored.

The dude is a serious team player.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

DC had a great game once again.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I think that Tyler will be fine. He's in a huge slump, and he looks lost as hell out there. But once he gets his confidence back and realizes how good he really is once again, he will be the same Tyler that we know and love.

Honestly, I think it was a mistake by the coaching staff to try to get him to play a more team oriented game... I think he was oblivious to the fact that he was trigger happy, and now that is in the back of his mind all of the time as he tries to make passes and isn't as aggressive in the post.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    And wow. I think Lance was nervous or something. He looked terrible tonight. I think he hyped tonight up too much knowing he was going to get extra time and it just came off as nervousness.
    Pressure can be intense!

Well, he was brutally bad in the first half when he came in. I think his nerves settled after that, but the damage was done. He didn't play PG any more the rest of the night... Vogel kept him out there with AJ.

AJ didn't really impress, but he also didn't distract. He was solid, which is a lot more than I'd expect from a dude who hasn't hardly gotten minutes this year.

Enjoy your time at PD!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching the game replay! Wish I could skip to watch the end of the 3rd onward.

Granger feasted on them.. without being selfish or taking bad shots.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

He didn't take any more shots after that. I thought he might try to force a couple to get to 40, but I don't even know if he knew how many he had. He just kept playing D, moving the ball, getting other people involved, and cheering like crazy when one of his teammates scored.

the last shot he took was at the 5 minute mark, but he did draw a foul around 3 mins where he made a FT

It's worse than that.

Danny was 2-8 for 7 points at the end of the first half. That means he scored 29 points in the second half, on 11 shots. It also means he went 7-11 in that timeframe.

Where is the "lets trade him while is value is high" from the Granger boo birds?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't think he cared how many points he had!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

He said in the post game interview that he doesn't even care about stats or points scored anymore... Pretty epic stuff compared to years before..

"such is life" SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31's Avatar

All around great game of smash mouth basketball. One thing I have noticed is defending the opposing pick and roll on the perimeter, we need to figure it out as we are sought of getting burnt by it on numerous occasions. Granger danger is back, this game reminded me of the 94,95 pacer team, they kept at it and didn't relent until they suffocated the wolves with our in your face never back down attitude.
    THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU HEAR MY VOICE , NEXT TIME YOU WILL SEE MY FACE

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You can tell that Danny just wants to win. We have a team that is damn good and I think Danny loves playing here right now.
    He deserves it for sticking by us through all the ****** years...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

If we somehow added Nikola Pekovic and Anthony Morrow and George Hill got healthy.... A Hill/Jones/Morrow/Hansbrough/Pekovic bench would just fit perfectly.

Pekovic can do a little bit of everything and is tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31 View Post
    All around great game of smash mouth basketball. One thing I have noticed is defending the opposing pick and roll on the perimeter, we need to figure it out as we are sought of getting burnt by it on numerous occasions. Granger danger is back, this game reminded me of the 94,95 pacer team, they kept at it and didn't relent until they suffocated the wolves with our in your face never back down attitude.
    Tyler and AJ actually did a pretty good job on that tonight. It's going to be a struggle for DC, as he just gets knocked around by screens.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey rest of the league....

Guess who's back? Back again! Danny's back! Tell a friend!

I'm so proud of this team. This is a group of winners and guys who play the game of basketball. The true Hoosier way.

I fully expect after the SB chaos is over with, BLF will be packed... It better be. This is one hell of a group who deserves the heartland of basketball coming out and watching them.

Heck, the 76ers fans are back onboard and packing the place and they've been in the same boat as us. Long rebuilding process and trying to get fan support back and larger crowds nightly. So if they can do it, you better believe the Pacers can definitely do it in Indiana, the heartland of basketball and they've had it for years in the past.

Once again, this is such a great team. One who will be contending.

Last edited by Scot Pollard; 02-02-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Pacers were ferocious on defense. It's still hard for me to get used to them playing good D compared to last year. I've never seen Love that frustrated. Our physical style of play is getting in people's heads I think. Things are looking better if Granger's shooting touch is returning. This is fun to watch!

Mood

Did anyone else think that travel on him when he was out on the wing was total BS? I rewatched that about five times, and as far as I could tell he jiggled his upper body but both feet remained firmly planted the whole time... I think he just faked out the ref as well as the defender...

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=BringJackBack;1363970]

-We really need to upgrade our bench if Hill is going to be out for a while.. "AJ" , Lance, and Lou are just not volume enough scorers to stay competent against other benches./QUOTE]

It's not like Price didn't shoot enough in the game... 1-7. Sorry, he shoots too much for me. Please no "he's the only one on the floor that can score so he needs to shoot" tripe. 1 ast in 15 minutes is atrociously terrible. If he doesn't find his PG game, he's not long for the NBA.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: