Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2/1/2012 Postgame: Pacers beat (down) TWolves

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't until we play these Timberpups again this year with a healthy Foster. He thought that Tyler and Danny were playing rough, wait until Foster clears him out for a rebound. The guy is an over-hyped rebounder that can shoot the three occasionally. Kind of sounds like Murph. If he is *****ing about Danny getting in his face, maybe he should have worried about Danny torching their asses the rest of the way on their home court.
    He'll flop around like a hooked carp. Like last night on steroids.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

YOUR MY BOY BLUE & GOLD Groove1's Avatar

Another quality road victory! Even overcame the crybaby Love foul! Gotta respect Coach Vogel in getting Danny outta the situation before ejections and fines were issued. Pacers are for real, and Physical....Mans Game B!*%h! Go Pacers!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Much bigger win than most probably realize imo
    Frank Vogel has even made Croz24 positive.

Coach of the year for sure.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Paul only played 19:22 minutes. He only had 4 fouls. He should be well rested for Dallas. He will need it vs Terry and Carter.
    I hear ya. But does a 21 year old really need rest?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny Granger's last 5 games are at a crazy efficient level.

He's scoring 25 PPG on 17 shots.

Shooting 47.7% from the field. 42.9% from 3 and 85.7% from the free throw line.

He's averaging 6 RPG, 2.2 APG, and 1.8 SPG as well.

It's hard to see him having much energy left by the time Orlando comes around. I'd like to see Paul and Dahntay come out with really good games in Dallas so we could get Danny some rest.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's an interesting point... huh.

No doubt. Hard to believe they got him in the 2nd round.
    Not that it matters a lot in the NBA but he used to be one of the best(if not the best) Centers in Europe before coming to the NBA.He also won a Euroleague title and his role was pivotal in that.I would love to have him as a back up.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 02-02-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post

As a fellow 21 year old who is about to go back to sleep, i say yes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

It's really unfortunate for the fans of the T-Wolves that Love embarrassed them with his quotes. I was reading a Wolves forum and they really are one of the better fan bases in the NBA. Their opinions of Love's comments are on par with how we feel about them. Quit crying and start playing. Reading their comments was really a breath of fresh air compared to the Bulls fans... God I hate Bulls fans.

Anyhow, a couple of comments I read from their fans was pretty interesting. They thought we were the best screen setting team they have seen this year. I had never really thought about it until now, but I believe this is true. While I see plenty of illegal screens from our side, I also see some pretty dang good screens being set out there. Some players in the NBA NEVER get set on a screen, but I think our players do a pretty good job. This is one aspect I am going to pay attention to moving forward.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Loved the game last night. Our guys went cold early on and let Minny hang around too long. But, as usual, they picked it up and put away a lesser team.

Don't know what Love was crying about. Ya got beat, big guy. Take it like a man or run to mommy and don't come to our house where it's just gonna be worse. "They take those pills," really? If you're gonna try to talk smack, at least make sense. And, oh yeah, don't do it after you lose by 10 at home.

More importantly, Danny was tremendous, even with his 2-7 stretch early on.
    I was disappointed PG24 got the 4 fouls because he was looking very comfortable and confident on offense.
    Hibbert & West were both good offensively, but their defense was incredible and really led the way for the Pacers smashmouth approach.
    DC had a great game. I've been a big fan of his from the start, and I honestly think games like this could become the norm for him in the next year or two.
    Tyler...well, he was still aggressive, lol.

Definitely happy we were able to get both wins in this back-to-back. This game against Dallas could be a let down, but I have too much confidence in this team to ever expect a loss this year. If we can beat Dallas, then go home to face Orlando Saturday and win that one, we're going to start getting more attention. Especially with the Super Bowl in Indy, people are already there and talking about the town.

GO PACERS!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    The dude averages 25 and 15... He is a star, he's not top 5 or anything, but he's definitely a "star" player. With that said, he is being a cry baby here!
    he has star numbers but he is not a star. as someone said a bit ago, his stats are empty. he is not a dominant presence at all. he doesnt make his team good.

30pts 30 rebounds are empty stats?

I understand have bias, but sometimes just give credit where credit is due.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

In this game.... Tyler made his first ever left handed shot. Now he just needs to use that turn around jumper when he drives into the lane.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    It's really unfortunate for the fans of the T-Wolves that Love embarrassed them with his quotes. I was reading a Wolves forum and they really are one of the better fan bases in the NBA. Their opinions of Love's comments are on par with how we feel about them. Quit crying and start playing. Reading their comments was really a breath of fresh air compared to the Bulls fans... God I hate Bulls fans.
    Agreed. Wolves fans are legitimately good fans. The Wolves belonged to the "why they still exist" category for a long time now and yet they're still rooting for them. Fans that don't support teams that are favourites tend to be nice fans in general. I have nothing but respect for their fans and team, personally.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    he has star numbers but he is not a star. as someone said a bit ago, his stats are empty. he is not a dominant presence at all. he doesnt make his team good.
    im not sure how you could watch the game last night and say he has empty stats. He completely controlled the glass, albeit through some "questionable" tactics. He gave Minny a lot of second chances.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    im not sure how you could watch the game last night and say he has empty stats. He completely controlled the glass, albeit through some "questionable" tactics. He gave Minny a lot of second chances.
    Exactly. This isn't Troy Murphy grabbing a one bounce rebound before the point guard is about to grab it, just to pass it to the point guard anyway. Just so he can get his rebound, all while killing any chance at a potential fast break to do so.

I understand he was whining, but lets be real about what he does on the court please.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

I guess Ricky Rubio must be solely carrying the T-Wolves on his back. The T-Wolves were a game under .500 going into last night's game. You know the Rubio who did little compared to what contributions Love had in the game. Love was a major reason that Granger played so many minutes in the game last night. Love is a star whether you want to admit it or not.

I had no clue Danny had near thirty points in a HALF until it was mentioned by Quinn.

Man, it's startling how easily and quietly Danny scores when he's really got it going. I think Paul George is well on his way in that manner, too.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I guess Ricky Rubio must be solely carrying the T-Wolves on his back. The T-Wolves were a game under .500 going into last night's game. You know the Rubio who did little compared to what contributions Love had in the game. Love was a major reason that Granger played so many minutes in the game last night.
    two games under .500 means youre a star? compare him to a true star like Dwight Howard...

Love is a star whether you want to admit it or not.
    i could say the opposite to you. not sure you know what an opinion is.

two games under .500 means youre a star? compare him to a true star like Dwight Howard...

i could say the opposite to you. not sure you know what an opinion is.
    yeah cause Orlando is playing some great basketball right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    I think that Tyler will be fine. He's in a huge slump, and he looks lost as hell out there. But once he gets his confidence back and realizes how good he really is once again, he will be the same Tyler that we know and love.

Honestly, I think it was a mistake by the coaching staff to try to get him to play a more team oriented game... I think he was oblivious to the fact that he was trigger happy, and now that is in the back of his mind all of the time as he tries to make passes and isn't as aggressive in the post.
    Before the fix the offense practice that Frank had to start the West Coast trip Tyler was in double figures 9 of 12 games averaging 11.67 PPG with two other 8 point games mixed in. Since that Practice Tyler has reached double figures twice both just 10 point games and has seen 8 one other time in the 9 games avenging just 6.3 PPG. He's went from missing wide open shots in rhythm to to looking pass first any becoming hesitant but his assists did go from .33 per-practice to .78 post practice with many missed shots on his passes since.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Exactly. This isn't Troy Murphy grabbing a one bounce rebound before the point guard is about to grab it, just to pass it to the point guard anyway. Just so he can get his rebound, all while killing any chance at a potential fast break to do so.
    Generally, I agree that this was not the case.

However, he DID jumped at Darko to get a board that was going into Darko's hands and almost elbowed his teammate in the head.

He is a great rebounder but this moment kinda sickened me.

[QUOTE=crunk-juice;1364741]two games under .500 means youre a star? compare him to a true star like Dwight Howard... /QUOTE]

Just b/c a player plays on a losing team doesn't mean he can't be a star or isn't a star. KG comes to mind. If you don't like Love that's fine, but don't degrade and belittle his ability and accomplishments just b/c you don't like him as a player. IIRC, he was an Allstar last year, and w/o a doubt in my mind it won't be the last one either.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Before the fix the offense practice that Frank had to start the West Coast trip Tyler was in double figures 9 of 12 games averaging 11.67 PPG with two other 8 point games mixed in. Since that Practice Tyler has reached double figures twice both just 10 point games and has seen 8 one other time in the 9 games avenging just 6.3 PPG. He's went from missing wide open shots in rhythm to to looking pass first any becoming hesitant but his assists did go from .33 per-practice to .78 post practice with many missed shots on his passes since.
    And the team went from scoring 93 points per game to 96 points per game.

This alleged destruction of Tyler's game offensively has improved the Pacers on that end of the floor. He's clearly in a funk but there is just a 2.7% difference in his shooting percentage before and after the west coast trip.

He's taking fewer and, generally, better shots. That's a good thing. Surely, they'll start falling at a better rate this way than how he was shooting earlier in the season.

I think the very idea that one practice could greatly change anything about the offense is ludicrous but if that is the theory we're sticking to, our offense has clearly improved since then.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Generally, I agree that this was not the case.

However, he DID jumped at Darko to get a board that was going into Darko's hands and almost elbowed his teammate in the head.

He is a great rebounder but this moment kinda sickened me.
    Those moments happen if you're looking up and you're not always aware of whether the player next to you is your teammate or not. With Troy they would be balls that bounced and he can clearly see who's going for it.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Paul only played 19:22 minutes. He only had 4 fouls. He should be well rested for Dallas. He will need it vs Terry and Carter.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post

Guess we will find out tonight against the Magic?