Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

  1. #26
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan4life031 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rather than trading away assets for Morrow - any interest in waiting the Hill injury out a few weeks to see how Lance/AJ fill in, and then make a run at Wilson Chandler when he returns from China?
    Wilson Chandler will be far too expensive.

    Sure, I'd rather have Chandler than Morrow. But Morrow makes far more sense right, IMO.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan4life031 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rather than trading away assets for Morrow - any interest in waiting the Hill injury out a few weeks to see how Lance/AJ fill in, and then make a run at Wilson Chandler when he returns from China?
    Wilson Chandler is a RFA and therefore a Player that the Simons will NOT sign off on when it comes to pursuing/signing via Free Agency.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-01-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a league where Andris Biedrins and Lou Amundsun play, Price was the worst shooter in the entire league??? Maybe worst among people who are supposed to be shooters, but that's a different topic.

    I would gladly take both Farmar and Morrow for cap space + pick. They would add great depth and Farmar knows what it takes to win from his days in LA. I think getting both would be A++ for our team.

    It's nice to be talking about filling in depth and not trading our core players. Winning again... Winning again. Man I love this team
    Biendrins and Lou Normally shoot a good % because they only take easy shots. AJ was the worst shooter last year in the nba.


    The Darrick Martin Award - This award goes to the player with the lowest FG% and a minimum of 300 attempts. The award is named for Darrick Martin, a career 38.2% shooter who played 514 games over 13 NBA seasons.

    As I mentioned in previous updates there was a lot of movement in this category throughout the season, as players who shoot under 40% tend to find themselves outside the playing rotation. Pacers’ second-year point guard, A.J. Price, bucked the trend seeing progressively more playing time as his FG% plummeted. Price shot 35.7% on the season, narrowly edging cagy veteran Jason Kidd. Well done young fella’!
    from Hickory High.
    Baron Davis was the winner of the award the year previous. AJ de throned him yes AJ was the worst shooter in the NBA last year.

  5. #29
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    While people talk about how they don't think AJ brings anything, I keep remembering last spring against Chicago:

    5 games, 16 MPG, 43% 3P, 37% FG, 8 PPG.

    That doesn't even take into consideration some of the huge shots he made in that series, at least a few from 3 point land.

  6. #30
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,058

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Well, what's the word? Is Morrow a bad defender? If not, I'm in.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. #31
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    He was lights out last night. That kind of shooting would really do wonders for our bench. Go get him.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  8. #32

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Man that would be really good for us and make us EXTREMELY DEEP! we are pretty deep now but then we would add to more dimensions to our team and make us that much more dynamic. Great teams have different weapons for difference situations and adding a young and experienced pg who is unselfish and actually athletic with rings and a watered down version of a ray Allen Reggie type deal makes us that much harder to play..

    Also let's not forget that farmar has a history with b shaw in la so it wouldn't be hard for us to figure out how to utilize efficiently

    I would say a 2nd and aj should get it done but I doubt that Larry does it idt the front office are really going to budge much jmo hope I'm wrong tho

  9. #33

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, what's the word? Is Morrow a bad defender? If not, I'm in.
    I don't even think we really need that. If he's not on a Jimmer Fredette "What the hell is defense?" level, then he's fine with me. We need scoring on the bench, and he'd be able to be a little bit of instant offense. He is an elite-level 3 point shooter. Crawford, who almost all of us wanted in free agency, has never been a good defender. Morrow would be a very similar pick-up. Dahntay can play some defense off the bench. Morrow can do what he can to help on defense, but his value is at the offensive end. It's pretty rare to see a perfectly well-rounded player on a bench.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  11. #34
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,086

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    I'm thinking Larry Bird may be a little stubborn when it comes to our roster, and doesn't think that a trade is necessary. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because we could really use an outside shooting threat. Only time will tell.

  12. #35
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    I don't mind making a run for him IF all else fails....as in, there are no other opportunities....but I guess I am the only one that wants to aim higher.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #36
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind making a run for him IF all else fails....as in, there are no other opportunities....but I guess I am the only one that wants to aim higher.
    That's an unfair statement don't you think! Maybe you should explain yourself. To think that all of us that would like Morrow and we wouldn't want to aim higher is ridiculous. We all don't know how much the Pacers will go over 58mil and We have Hibbert and Hill to possibly sign contracts in the neighborhood of 16 to 20mil. To maintain salaries that we have now and adding the extensions it would be approx. 55 - 59mil this summer.

    So what are you suggesting? Trading a Starter or just blow up the Salary to say 70mil to aim higher!

    Plz explain....
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-01-2012 at 06:51 PM.

  14. #37
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's an unfair statement don't you think! Maybe you should explain yourself. To think that all of us that would like Morrow and we wouldn't want to aim higher is ridiculous. We all don't know how much the Pacers will go over 58mil and We have Hibbert and Hill to possibly sign contracts in the neighborhood of 16 to 20mil. To maintain salaries that we have now and adding the extensions it would be approx. 55 - 59mil this summer.

    So what are you suggesting? Trading a Starter or just blow up the Salary to say 70mil to aim higher!

    Plz explain....
    No, I don't think that it's an unfair statement to make.

    Aim higher....as in see what opportunities that could be had to acquire a better impact Player than Morrow before the Trade Deadline. To me....I think that there is room to improve the roster to get us to the "next level", I think that the FO has the resources ( CapSpace ) to do it now ( keep in mind that our Capspace doesn't have as much value next season because many Teams will be under the Cap and can pursue FAs as well ) and that there will be better opportunities to do so before the trade deadline. How much the roster can improve is based off of what opportunities present themselves and how much the Simons are willing to spend to pursue those opportunities.

    Just so you know, "aim higher" doesn't mean that you have to trade a Starter or blow up the Salary....unless it's a no-brainer that would significantly improve the Team.

    For example, I would strongly consider trading for Nash if it just cost us DC+1st+TPE ( even though such a scenario would seem unlikely given Nash's relationship with the Suns and think that the Suns would be asking for more ).

    Going after Morrow is no different than the discussion that we had about Mayo after the Grizzlies/Nets rumor came out that they were considering making as swap a month ago. My reaction to going after Morrow is the same reaction that I have going after Mayo....I would like to "aim higher", cuz I don't think that Mayo/Morrow are the impact Players that will get us to the "next level". They will make a difference on this Team...but not as much of a difference that I am hoping could be make given the opportunities that could be had and the resources that the FO has at its disposal.

    I'm saying that IF there are opportunities that could be had to acquire a quality Player from Teams that are looking to shed salary ( for one reason or another ) that are better than Morrow.....without it costing us any of the "Starting 7" ( unless it was a clear upgrade at a position that doesn't cost us too much more...like the example I mention above about Nash for DC+1st ) while not significantly impacting the SalaryCap beyond the 2012-2013 season ( that is the season that West comes off the books )....then I am all for "aiming higher".

    I'm not concerned about the SalaryCap as much when it comes to re-signing GH and Hibbert......I am of the opinion that the Simons will spend money to keep Players like Hibbert and GH...as long as the Team is winning and they are key reasons to why we are winning.

    Just so that you better understand.....if there are no such opportunities to be had that can net us a Player that is better than someone like Morrow, Mayo, Bass or JONeal...than fine....go ahead and go after them. To me, these are the Players that I would "settle on" if we have no other options to improve the Team before the trade deadline. I just want to "aim higher" to see if we can get a better Player that I think could impact the Team more.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-01-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #38
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind making a run for him IF all else fails....as in, there are no other opportunities....but I guess I am the only one that wants to aim higher.
    Hey, Larry Bird ain't walkin' through that door.

    While I'd love to make a big deal and get a real superstar here, I don't think that's what Bird is going for. We've got a good, tough, deep team that could use a real shooter like Morrow. To have him coming off the bench would be tremendous.

    I'm guessing by "aim higher," you mean that we need to upgrade a starting position? That's certainly a fair argument, and I think if there were a clear upgrade available, this whole board would be clamoring to see a Kobe/Wade/Durant level guy. As it stands, though, Deron Williams is the only elite player who may be available (unless you want to add Eric Gordon to the mix, but elite is a stretch for him), and I emphasize MAY be available. But a guy like Morrow would definitely fill a need here, and it sounds like he's almost certainly available.

    Would it be good to aim higher than Morrow? Of course. But right now, this is a guy we could get and would benefit the team. I'd say improving the team in any way is "aiming higher."

    EDIT: You and I posted very similar things at virtually the same time. I get what you're saying and pretty much feel the same way.
    Last edited by pizza guy; 02-01-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  16. #39
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking Larry Bird may be a little stubborn when it comes to our roster, and doesn't think that a trade is necessary. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because we could really use an outside shooting threat. Only time will tell.
    Well, since he pursued Mayo, then Crawford, then Redd, I'm guessing he wouldn't mind another wing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #40
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, Larry Bird ain't walkin' through that door.

    While I'd love to make a big deal and get a real superstar here, I don't think that's what Bird is going for. We've got a good, tough, deep team that could use a real shooter like Morrow. To have him coming off the bench would be tremendous.

    I'm guessing by "aim higher," you mean that we need to upgrade a starting position? That's certainly a fair argument, and I think if there were a clear upgrade available, this whole board would be clamoring to see a Kobe/Wade/Durant level guy. As it stands, though, Deron Williams is the only elite player who may be available (unless you want to add Eric Gordon to the mix, but elite is a stretch for him), and I emphasize MAY be available. But a guy like Morrow would definitely fill a need here, and it sounds like he's almost certainly available.

    Would it be good to aim higher than Morrow? Of course. But right now, this is a guy we could get and would benefit the team. I'd say improving the team in any way is "aiming higher."
    No, not upgrade a Starter ( unless it's a no-brainer ). I don't know what other opportunities or Players will be available before the trade deadline....I'm not expecting a superstar or borderline All-Star......I'm just saying that I'd like to see what other opportunities could be had. Players like Morrow and Mayo are "fall back" guys that I don't mind going after...I just think that it's better to "kick the tires of other cars" to see what other options are out there before the trade deadline.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #41
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind making a run for him IF all else fails....as in, there are no other opportunities....but I guess I am the only one that wants to aim higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I don't think that it's an unfair statement to make.
    But to say you guess you are the only one that wants to aim higher? Like, I would like to have Morrow over Rondo cause I don't want to aim higher?

    It's an unfair statement in every way, cause you aren't the only one that want's to aim higher. I'ts just some of us would like to have Morrows shooting ability off the bench and possibly in the end game situation where you need your best shooters on the floor to win the game!

    BTW, the last Quote you left didn't answer my first question I asked you.

  19. #42
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,746

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Morrow dropped 42 tonight.

  20. #43
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morrow dropped 42 tonight.
    And lost to the T-Wolves.

    Paul George's 30 in a win over the Mavs sure makes it seem like we don't really need Morrow as much as I thought we did. He'd be great off the bench, but if he's dropping 42, I doubt he wants to play off the bench.

    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  22. #44
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    I think now we need size over a scoring SG. We have PG for that and when GH is healthy we will be fine. We would be better off going after Kaman.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:


  24. #45
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think now we need size over a scoring SG. We have PG for that and when GH is healthy we will be fine. We would be better off going after Kaman.
    I disagree, and mainly for one reason: the asking price for Kaman is too high. The NBA-run Hornets have clearly shown they drive a hard bargain in trade negotiations. This move to "pull Kaman off the market" is complete horse ****. It's a lame attempt to get teams to raise their offers to get him. I said it in another thread: I don't want Kaman if we have to give up legitimate assets to get him. If we can absorb him into cap space and only send back a second round pick, Lou Amundson, or a vial of rhino tears, then I'm fine with it. If they want anything more, I'm out. It's now clear the Hornets just won't give him away, so I'm out on Kaman.

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #46
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Why would the Nets be trading Morrow? 4 Million and the guy can shoot the lights out. Not much of a defender though.

    If they get Howard and extended Dwill, they're gonna need their JJ Redick type shooter. Morrow is pretty damn valuable if I'm running the Nets. I'm not giving him up for cap relief.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  28. #47

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    We don't need him,, he would hardly get any minutes, I like where r team is at bujt if we do get something get a center

  29. #48

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't need him,, he would hardly get any minutes, I like where r team is at bujt if we do get something get a center

    You get Morrow for the scorer Bird wanted. PG had a great game, but he's not going to consistantly put up great numbers each game.

    You get Morrow as "insurance" in case Hill isn't re-signed. At 4 mil, he's a great deal with next year an expiring. If Hill signs, you can always trade Morrow later.

    Morrow would be a good asset to have for the above reasons, especially at 4 mil.

  30. #49
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would the Nets be trading Morrow? 4 Million and the guy can shoot the lights out. Not much of a defender though.
    Food for thought ... If a Magic and Nets trade is done before trade deadline, then the nets would need a 3rd team to dump Okur. That 3rd team (possibly Pacers) would some what have a choice of who / what they want for the bad contract in Okur and helping the Nets get the deal done for Howard. With that said, Morrow would be the obvious pickup.

    example

    Pacers gets Okur, Morrow
    Magic gets Lopez, Brooks, Humphries
    Nets get Howard, Turkoglu

  31. #50
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't need him,, he would hardly get any minutes, I like where r team is at bujt if we do get something get a center
    We do need him or someone else at the 1 or 2. Our starters was playing 37 - 41 minutes last night against Dallas because our bench can't get the job done.

Similar Threads

  1. Bird presser 11 am tomorrow
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
  2. 2011 Free Agents: Position-by-Position
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 11:32 PM
  3. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
  4. Free Agents this summer... Who to pursue?
    By Ultimate Frisbee in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:34 PM
  5. The Dreaded Player Option & the Expansion Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •