Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

Default Is Morrow a legitimate option?

I keep seeing people say NJ would give him away for cap space. Anybody got a link?

If that's legit, we should jump on that like yesterday.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is Morrow a legitimate option?

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/01/3...ring.contracts

The want to free up cap room from what I have read to get Dwight. But I doubt it happens I doubt they just give him away that would be stupid on their part.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-01-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure, but I've wanted him since I started watching him in his rookie year. That guy can freaking shoot.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

We would have to give some serious thought to doing that if NJ was interested. I'd throw in a 2nd rounder or something if that's what it would take.

You never turn down a guy with that kind of shooting ability.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Man, numerous outlets claiming the Nets are offering Morrow AND Farmar for cap space. We could keep both, or flip for a third player.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, numerous outlets claiming the Nets are offering Morrow AND Farmar for cap space. We could keep both, or flip for a third player.
    I am not too high on Farmar. But with Hill being out indefinitely...

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I am not too high on Farmar. But with Hill being out indefinitely...
    It's all about price.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It's all about price.
    Do you mean price or Price (AJ)?

Mood

Farmer would probably be hard to move but I think Morrow is the perfect fit for our team I would consider taking him as well if it is necessary.

Farmer would be an upgrade over Price but not by 4m dollars.

Throw in a second rounder and get it done.....

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Farmer would be an upgrade over Price but not by 4m dollars.
    I am not convinced.

AJ has played some VERY good and important minutes for the Pacers. Not so much this year thus far, but late last year he was a key bench contributor.

We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss AJ, in my opinion.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/01/3...ring.contracts

The want to free up cap room from what I have read to get Dwight. But I doubt it happens I doubt they just give him away that would be stupid on their part.
    It may be stupid....but they want to clear 2012 Capspace to make room for Dwight and whatever FAs that they want to try to sign. The Nets have two 1st round picks....theirs and the Rocket's pick...I don't think that he's the answer at the Wingspot that we are looking for...but if he could be had for a TPE and a 2nd pick....while netting a 1st round pick..I'd consider it IF there are no other opportunities.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think Morrow is the perfect fit. Especially at 4 million dollars. We'd still have 10 mil going into the trade deadline, and be protected if Hill is gone for a couple months.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I am not convinced.

AJ has played some VERY good and important minutes for the Pacers. Not so much this year thus far, but late last year he was a key bench contributor.

We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss AJ, in my opinion.
    they are probably a wash but Farmer is more seasoned and more productive and they are the same age. Farmer can shoot better but they both are just 3rd string pgs on a good team. Farmer has been a decent backup really 9,3 in 20mpg averaged 5apg last year in 24mpg and runs the team pretty well. I would take him over Price but thats just me.

Price was the worst shooter in the entire NBA last year I didnt consider him good last year. If he returned to his rookie year form he would be at just below a Farmer level. But AJ was awful last year IMO.

I would do Farmer in Marrow for cap space if it was offered. It would upgrade us at the wing and at pg.(also we would also get a 1st rd pick likely for clearing the room)
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-01-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Mood

He'd be great if you can live with the fact that he's a black hole on defense.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gremz View Post
    He'd be great if you can live with the fact that he's a black hole on defense.
    black hole on defense? that almost sounds like a good thing

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I think he would play a similar role that Daquan Cook plays for the Thunder. It's nice to have a shooter like that off the bench. I just don't know if he has a winning attitude or what kind of guy he is.

they are probably a wash but Farmer is more seasoned and more productive and they are the same age. Farmer can shoot better but they both are just 3rd string pgs on a good team. Farmer has been a decent backup really 9,3 in 20mpg averaged 5apg last year in 24mpg and runs the team pretty well. I would take him over Price but thats just me.

Price was the worst shooter in the entire NBA last year I didnt consider him good last year. If he returned to his rookie year form he would be at just below a Farmer level. But AJ was awful last year IMO.

I would do Farmer in Marrow for cap space if it was offered. It would upgrade us at the wing and at pg.(also we would also get a 1st rd pick likely for clearing the room)
    Farmar. With an A.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:

There is no way the Nets are going to give away a 1st to trade Morrow. They need the 1st's as part of a Howard deal. If anything, they would be looking for a 1st pick back for Morrow.

Question is whether Morrow is worth a 1st rd #20 or so pick. You definately, know what you are getting as a player in Morrow vs a 1st rd pick in the 20 range. Something to think about. To me, he's what Bird wanted when interested in Mayo and Crawford as a scoring SG.

Again, how badly do you want Morrow? Enough to give up a 1st? Would he mess up the team chemistry by getting him? Where does he play when Hill comes back? Do you pick him up at 4 mil as insurance in case Hill insists on too high of a salary? These are valid questions Bird will have to consider "if he's even interested in Morrow."

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    There is no way the Nets are going to give away a 1st to trade Morrow. They need the 1st's as part of a Howard deal. If anything, they would be looking for a 1st pick back for Morrow.

Question is whether Morrow is worth a 1st rd #20 or so pick. You definately, know what you are getting as a player in Morrow vs a 1st rd pick in the 20 range. Something to think about. To me, he's what Bird wanted when interested in Mayo and Crawford as a scoring SG.

Again, how badly do you want Morrow? Enough to give up a 1st? Would he mess up the team chemistry by getting him? Where does he play when Hill comes back? Do you pick him up at 4 mil as insurance in case Hill insists on too high of a salary? These are valid questions Bird will have to consider "if he's even interested in Morrow."

If we're getting Morrow AND Farmar, I'd trade our mid-20s pick. Shooting 43% and 46% from three, respectively. Both are high quality backups and neither have had any character issues in the past that I'm aware of. And when Hill comes back, he strengthens our bench that much more.

Is Farmar a little overpaid for a 2nd/3rd string PG? Sure he is. But with the great cap management that we've done up to this point, we can afford it. And this coming summer he becomes an expiring contract for next season (assuming he picks up his option) that would be a piece of cake to trade to a contender looking for experience.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Mood

makes too much sense to happen

In a league where Andris Biedrins and Lou Amundsun play, Price was the worst shooter in the entire league??? Maybe worst among people who are supposed to be shooters, but that's a different topic.

I would gladly take both Farmar and Morrow for cap space + pick. They would add great depth and Farmar knows what it takes to win from his days in LA. I think getting both would be A++ for our team.

It's nice to be talking about filling in depth and not trading our core players. Winning again... Winning again. Man I love this team

31. The Following User Says Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

If nets want to make any big moves to get Dwill to stay. I would take both Morrow and Farmar for Price and a second pick. I'D Also do Morrow And Okur straight up. Morrow for a first.

I think Morrow would be nice, I am curious about his D/attitude though.

I'll take Price over Farmar.

Rather than trading away assets for Morrow - any interest in waiting the Hill injury out a few weeks to see how Lance/AJ fill in, and then make a run at Wilson Chandler when he returns from China?