Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: George Hill has a chip-fracture in his foot

Default Re: George Hill has a chip-fracture in his foot

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, I want touch on a play that nearly turned to disaster to us, I don't know if anyone else noticed this play but it was some point in the 4th quarter, and DC was trying to get around a screen at the top of the 3 point line, he slipped and got pumped by the screen while his left leg was extended supporting all his weight and it started to buckle underneath him, it was nearly identical to how I hurt my knee playing soccer (in terms of how the leg was placed and how the knee started to bend), my heart stopped watching that, but DC was able to get the leg unplanted in time, but you could tell it spooked the hell out of him as he kind of gave the leg a shake to make sure it was ok.

It is my opinion, that we were about a split second away from Hill not only being out, but from Darren hurting his knee pretty badly. We got very lucky on that play and it bothered me enough that I tweeted Hicks about it. I don't know if anyone else noticed it though.
    I saw this and thought the same thing, won't be surprised if he has a minor muscle injury in his groin that he can play through. That could have been reallly bad, Hansbrough also slipped last night...were the ball boys hungover or what was going on?
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Also, not worried about George hill infact I see it as a blessing in disguise. Lance looked like a player who is starting to figure out how to be effective last night and if he carries that confidence over, he can certainly make up for George Hill.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

I have two chipped bones in my right foot. Its no joke. If his are anything like mine there is no way he can play on it at a high level without surgery. It shouldn't be a muscle repair surgery just a simple slice with them removing the fragments and letting the stitches heal.

This is all speculation though from a similar injury. I would like to know where the chip is in his ankle. I have one right behind the achillies tendon and man is it painful.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    And really give us a sense of whether to sign Hill in the offseason.

That said, get well George!
    I still think that we should re-sign GH....regardless of how well Lance does.

To me, even if Lance does show that he can get to that next level now that he has been given the opportunity......this would only temper my call for adding another Wingman via trade or FA. If Lance can be "that guy" that we are looking for....this would not deter me from looking to re-sign GH.

Despite the apparent asking price to re-sign GH....I think that his pending Market value in the Free Agent Market will set the price that the Simons could and should match. The Pacers gave up a 1st round pick/Kahwi Leonard for him. Kawhi is a Player that appears to be doing very well in San Antonio that is versatile enough to have made an impact here in Indy if we didn't trade for GH. I don't think that the FO will give up so easily on GH..much less give him up as a 1 year rental.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    I have two chipped bones in my right foot. Its no joke. If his are anything like mine there is no way he can play on it at a high level without surgery. It shouldn't be a muscle repair surgery just a simple slice with them removing the fragments and letting the stitches heal.

This is all speculation though from a similar injury. I would like to know where the chip is in his ankle. I have one right behind the achillies tendon and man is it painful.
    Yeah, there is a lot that we don't know yet to make an accurate guess (which is all any of us is doing) as to how long he will be out. If it is small, and just a matter of removing the pieces I imagine he would be able to get back fairly quickly.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

http://twitter.com/andrew_perna

Hearing that George Hill's ankle injury isn't as bad as the #Pacers initially feared. Still to miss time.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Hope he returns soon, I am missing him out there!!!

Mood

I wonder what the hold up is on getting a definitive diagnosis? Usually you know about these kinds of things within 24-48 hours.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I wonder what the hold up is on getting a definitive diagnosis? Usually you know about these kinds of things within 24-48 hours.
    Been thinking the same thing. Chris and Quinn just always say that Hill is sitting out for the xth straight game, but never mention anything about a return.

About ankles, I shattered my outer ankle last june and it still lets me know about it from time to time. Very long and painful healing process in my case. I was on vacation jumping for a frisbee my son threw and I hit the ground on a downslope. My ankle touched the dirt, and I laid facedown in that same dirt for a good 20 minutes before I could even consider moving without vomiting.
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wells to the rescue!

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...nsidered-minor

Injured Indiana Pacers guard George Hill has some work ahead of him before he returns to the lineup, but he took a step in that direction Saturday when he wore a shoe on his left foot instead of a walking boot.

Hill has missed the past three games after suffering a small chip fracture in his left ankle against New Jersey on Jan. 31.

"It's not as bad as they thought it was," Hill said. "It's only a partial chip instead of it being fully chipped. They say my return is looking pretty good."

Neither Hill nor the Pacers would put a timetable on his return, but the former Broad Ripple High School and IUPUI star said his goal is to return before the All-Star break, which starts Feb. 23.

"I'm planning on it," Hill said. "I have to continue to do the rehab they've got me doing and things like that."
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Cool!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great news.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wheeeeewww!
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

It's great that we will have him healthy enough to get back on track for defending DRose in the playoffs... He won't be in any kind of funk due to just getting back and we can see a finished product after the trade deadline.