Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: George Hill has a chip-fracture in his foot

Default Re: George Hill has a chip-fracture in his foot

Then the clouds opened up and the lord said, "Go Bulls & Heat." #sigh

Will be interesting to see now long he's out and if we just go with Dahntay, Lance and Aj backing up Point Guard and 2 guard

Banned

Yep I don't think he is coming back anytime soon, probably until the playoffs, yep more DC and AJ

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Vogel said that Lance and AJ will split time playing Hill's spot. He said he has a lot of confidence in AJ and that AJ was a big part of what we did last season.

We'll be OK.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

He's a crucial part of this team. It would end our chances to make noise losing Hibbert. It would be nearly as bad if we lost Granger.

Against most teams in the east, DC probably comes next. But against many teams including Chicago, it's Hill.

Of course if our man Paul George starts playing like this regularly, he moves up the chain. That's really the only good news. Paul will be on the floor even more.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well this sux going into this part of the schedule. However, he should have plenty of time to heal and get back into game shape before playoffs! I hope LB doesn't panic or pull a trigger to quick for not such a good deal and not maximize the trade deadline!
    Not sure LB has ever panicked, ever. We cant run this short, roster wise Im sure he's on the phone as I type. Get well GH.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep I don't think he is coming back anytime soon, probably until the playoffs, yep more DC and AJ
    If he is out 8 weeks, he'd be back first of April and would play the whole month before playoffs.

Id love for Larry to make a call to NJ about Morrow
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    Not sure LB has ever panicked, ever. We cant run this short, roster wise Im sure he's on the phone as I type. Get well GH.
    If he's on the phone as you type, then LB is panicking. It's 11:00 pm

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

I admit this sucks hard, but this is the time for Lance and AJ to prove that they can perform and help our team win with them playing extended time. It will be slow at first but hopefully they get in there and mesh with the rest of the team. I hope Larry doesn't panic and try to pull the strings on a wing player that is not a good fit for the team. I think we will be ok in the long run.

Looks like we'll see more of Rush at the 2...

...oh wait. dammit.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    My friend in med school said that usually takes 6-8 weeks to heal :/
    No offense, but your friend in med school hasn't seen the x-rays, doesn't know how severe the injury is, and is well...still in med school. Just a pet peeve of mine, I want to hear it from a doctor and more specifically from a doctor who has actually seen the X-Ray and done the MRI I'm sure is to come. (And which we should be more concerned about, if the MRI reveals any tendon/ligament damage it will be a 2 monther for sure.)

If it's simple chip of a bone, and the bone is still stable, I would be shocked if it takes him out for 8 weeks. That being said, everything is still very much up in the air. I'm not gonna panic, but it certainly will limit us a bit. We need to continue to see the defense from Lance that we saw tonight.

I will say, when Hill was interviewed in the locker room after the game, it was very hard to get a read on him, but I would definitely say he didn't seem optimistic.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-31-2012 at 11:33 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, damn you OJ Mayo trade....Damn you straight to hell.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, I want touch on a play that nearly turned to disaster to us, I don't know if anyone else noticed this play but it was some point in the 4th quarter, and DC was trying to get around a screen at the top of the 3 point line, he slipped and got pumped by the screen while his left leg was extended supporting all his weight and it started to buckle underneath him, it was nearly identical to how I hurt my knee playing soccer (in terms of how the leg was placed and how the knee started to bend), my heart stopped watching that, but DC was able to get the leg unplanted in time, but you could tell it spooked the hell out of him as he kind of gave the leg a shake to make sure it was ok.

It is my opinion, that we were about a split second away from Hill not only being out, but from Darren hurting his knee pretty badly. We got very lucky on that play and it bothered me enough that I tweeted Hicks about it. I don't know if anyone else noticed it though.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

The only good news in all this is that George Hill has young bones

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, I want touch on a play that nearly turned to disaster to us, I don't know if anyone else noticed this play but it was some point in the 4th quarter, and DC was trying to get around a screen at the top of the 3 point line, he slipped and got pumped by the screen while his left leg was extended supporting all his weight and it started to buckle underneath him, it was nearly identical to how I hurt my knee playing soccer (in terms of how the leg was placed and how the knee started to bend), my heart stopped watching that, but DC was able to get the leg unplanted in time, but you could tell it spooked the hell out of him as he kind of gave the leg a shake to make sure it was ok.

It is my opinion, that we were about a split second away from Hill not only being out, but from Darren hurting his knee pretty badly. We got very lucky on that play and it bothered me enough that I tweeted Hicks about it. I don't know if anyone else noticed it though.
    There was a 30 second segment of game time where there were TWO nasty slips on the court. First the one by DC you mentioned, then another really scary one by Tyler.

It looked like a damn hockey game out there.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

I wouldn't look to trade anyone yet, not until you see how long Hill will be out.

If we see more of tonight's Lance and AJ plays like he did his rookie season (or improves on that) we'll be fine, especially if this is just for a few weeks.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

Dang, if DC was a woman, that's an ACL tear. I've seen that play too many times..

Sports Logo

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to injuries.....this doesn't sound like something that a Player can come back from over the next couple of days....sounds like something that will keep a Player out for a couple of months?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm pretty stupid when it comes to injuries.....this doesn't sound like something that a Player can come back from over the next couple of days....sounds like something that will keep a Player out for a couple of months?
    Couple of months, not likely unless it was more than just a chip, a month though seems more likely. It wasn't a break or fracture so it won't be the full 8 weeks, but he isn't going to be back in a week either unless it was an extremely small chip. I would bet on a month.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The only good news in all this is that George Hill has young bones
    Young Bones. Sounds like the name of a character Nic Cage would play, probably some detective.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Couple of months, not likely unless it was more than just a chip, a month though seems more likely. It wasn't a break or fracture so it won't be the full 8 weeks, but he isn't going to be back in a week either unless it was an extremely small chip. I would bet on a month.
    If he's going to be out for 1 to 1.5 months....I will count this as a blessing in disguise where Lance gets more burn and we will likely get to see AJ at the point and Lance at the SG spot. I know what we get from GH and AJ...but this will allow us to see what we finally can get from Lance since he will likely get consistent minutes and a more defined role on the floor...with AJ running the point and Lance at the Wing spot next to Inferno.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    If he's going to be out for 1 to 1.5 months....I will count this as a blessing in disguise where Lance gets more burn and we will likely get to see AJ at the point and Lance at the SG spot. I know what we get from GH and AJ...but this will allow us to see what we finally can get from Lance since he will likely get consistent minutes and a more defined role on the floor...with AJ running the point and Lance at the Wing spot next to Inferno.
    And really give us a sense of whether to sign Hill in the offseason.

That said, get well George!

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

ok this sucks but it is the opportunity Lance needed... it is his time to shine and we all know his passing abilities he just needs to work on his shooting.... saying that he has really improved his defense and i was amazed on how good he played on DWill last night.... lets hope he can keep it up

Yeah, Lance is going to get time. If he wants more playing time, now is the time to start earning it. More performances like last night and he'll be on his way. Looked damn good, sick passes and even his D has improved quite a bit.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post: