Hornets Trade: Chris Kaman
    Receive: A.J Price, 2012 1st from Pacers

Our new rotation:
    Collison/Hill
    George/Johnson
    Granger/Jones
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Miller/Foster

Miller&Foster are both injury prone, so together they count as 1 player. He's an expiring as well.
    Wes is a young, promising SG/SF, but is really underachieving so far for the Wolves. Still, he would be a decent role player for us, and with luck might even live up to his potential.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by yoadknux; 01-31-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: Pacers Wolves Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wolves Trade: Wes Johnson, Brad Miller
    Receive: Chris Kaman

Pacers Trade: A.J Price, unprotected 1st, cap space
    Receive: Wes Johnson, Brad Miller

Hornets Trade: Chris Kaman
    Receive: A.J Price, unprotected 1st from Pacers

Our new rotation:
    Collison/Hill
    George/Johnson
    Granger/Jones
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Miller/Foster

Miller&Foster are both injury prone, so together they count as 1 player. He's an expiring as well.
    Wes is a young, promising SG/SF, but is really underachieving so far for the Wolves. Still, he would be a decent role player for us, and with luck might even live up to his potential.

What do you guys think?
    Wes obviously needs a change of scenery. We do need a backup 3. That could open to the door to trading DJ or just keeping his minutes to the 2 spot. That also means that Lance's playing time will be garbage minutes only.

I like it though. Does Brad have anything left though? I still want to go after Robin Lopez, but I'm sure the Suns want to keep him.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

Brad is probably too old to get real minutes, but he's a vet and could probably split his minutes with Jeff/Lou. This is good front court depth imo.

And about Wes, I think he's a bit like Mayo. Really talented, but just can't seem to fit in his team. In his case, I think he also doesn't really know whether he's a 2 or a 3, having him off the bench with DJ means he could swing both positions (since DJ can play SG/SF..). We gain 2 good backups, one of them is old and expiring and the other young on a rookie deal. (though a big one)

The Hornets will probably do this trade. They shed salary and get a first round pick.

The Wolves are the question mark here. I think they will do it. Wes isn't a major piece for them (He has to split minutes with Beas and D-Will.. and doesn't seem to be their SG solution). With Rubio improving and Love becoming their franchise guy, a good center is their missing piece. With Kaman they could actually make the playoffs for the first time in a long time, which could be exciting for them.

I wouldnt give up an unprotected 1st though
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Wolves should be giving Pacers a 1st unprotected to take that mess off their hands and allowing them to improve their team with a legit starting center, while the Pacers do not improve at all!!

Brad has played his 1st game of the year yesterday for 8 minutes, he's coming off a bad knee. No thank you!
    Wes seems to be a 4th pick Bust to this point and I don't think he is worth a 1st.

Serious, the Wolves would be celebrating, drinking bubblies.

Last edited by Pacer Fan; 01-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I wouldnt give up an unprotected 1st though
    Why not? I'm pretty sure it will be in the 20s

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winner For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    Why not? I'm pretty sure it will be in the 20s

Why would we give a 1st and Aj Price to the Hornets and they give nothing to the Hornets? I would rather get Kaman for ourselves and they can Keep their Gimp washed up Miller and the 2010 4th pick Bust that has a hefty contract for sucking.

Pacers have a choice...Kaman or Miller and Wes for a 1st and Price? I'll take Kaman.

In fact, it might be possible to give them a couple 2nd rnd picks instead of a first.

Kaman is a immediate impact for further success for the remainder of the season and playoffs right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the idea of getting a young guy that can play the 2 and 3, but you could probably find that with that first round pick.

I still would like Wes. I think he just needs a change. I doubt they are using him properly cause they work through Love. We spread the offense.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

I've added a restriction for the pick. Unprotected pick is too much, and I have changed it to 2012 first round, though I'd give them any general 1st round pick as long as it doesn't extend to unlimited time (for example, a lotto protected could be fine, or any 1st round pick from 2012-2013-2014-2015 as long as we are told ahead which pick they want)

About why we should help Minny get Kaman and not just take him: A 1st round pick for a guy who's going to be UFA and just be our backup for the season is too much in my opinion. I think he's a good upgrade but I don't think he's going to stay. In the case of Brad, well, he always liked us, and even though he's old I believe he's still working hard and can get some minutes.
    About Wes, he's really the main piece here. He's on a rookie contract & we would have team option for him, which means he can be with us for long if we really want it. So really worst case for us in this is trading a 1st round pick for 2 role players that fill a need for us. Best case would be Wes breaking out, giving us the best bench in the league, and could even turn out to be part of our core group.

Mood

You do realize Miller has a bumb knee and is a big risk. Wes has a big contract for his production cause he was a 4th pick. 2011 $4,006,080 - 2012 $4,285,560 - 2013 TO $5,421,233 - 2014 QO $7,150,607.

Thats 4mil that can be spent to get someone that will produce vs someone that is a long shot hopeful.

Wes is not a good shooter thus far, he is not productive at anything except minutes played. His per is 6.02 on 22 minutes of play with a fg% of .368 and 3pt% of .236.

Wolves should be giving us a 2nd rnd pick to take 9 mil in bad contracts.

I totally get your concept and if Wes even showed a sign of performance I would agree with you, but that just isn't the case.

I would do Pekovic and Wes, atleast we would be getting for sure production out of Pek for that 1st pick.

Sorry Wolves got a bust in Wes, but we shouldn't have to pay for their bad luck.

Sports Logo

How can Miller hurt? He makes 4.752m$ and is expiring. So bad case is him sucking or getting injured and not getting playing time. Good case is him splitting minutes with Foster, giving us the best front court depth in the league.

About Wes, I know that he shot awful last year, and that he shoots even worse this year, but I still think that he's AT LEAST a role player, and we need that. We need a backup 2/3, our wing depth isn't really good.
    So he either turns out to be a role player and we take on his ~4.5m contract for 1.5 seasons, or he lives up to his potential, finds his game, and we get a future piece.

Role player or future starter, we win either way. If we don't find a good deal to add a major piece by the deadline, we should be doing this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

the 2010 4th pick Bust that has a hefty contract for sucking.

You may be right about Johnson "in a few years", but don't you think Johnson should have the benefit of a those years b4 being labeled a bust? Not everyone develops at the same rate. Ask Billups and Nash to mention a few who were labeled as busts by talent evaluators such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

Sorry Wolves got a bust in Wes, but we shouldn't have to pay for their bad luck.

AND YOU KNOW THIS HOW?? If you had prefaced your statement by saying "it looks like the Wolves might have a bust", I might take your post with some credence, but you didn't so I don't. It's nothing more than just your opinion as such. If you don't like the trade fine, but you don't need slam Miller as a Gimp and Johnson as a bust. Geez!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I still would like Wes. I think he just needs a change. I doubt they are using him properly cause they work through Love. We spread the offense.
    I didn't like Wes coming out of Syracuse and nothing he has done in the NBA has changed that opinion. I couldn't believe he was so high on peoples mocks and got drafted that high.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    AND YOU KNOW THIS HOW?? If you had prefaced your statement by saying "it looks like the Wolves might have a bust", I might take your post with some credence, but you didn't so I don't. It's nothing more than just your opinion as such. If you don't like the trade fine, but you don't need slam Miller as a Gimp and Johnson as a bust. Geez!
    I have watched Wes play more then I desire and he is really bad. I can care less if you don't want to give me credence because of a "preface". They are both lame ducks and I don't want Pacers salary to go to them!!!

I have to say, Wes looked like Brandon Rush out there minus the shooting ability.

He played some decent D, but the guy is invisible and can't hit a shot.

Now really free Lance!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Can't we just cut out Minnesota and take Kaman for ourselves.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want nothing to do with Wes Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post: