Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

He's not a point guard, and especially not a point guard if Darren Collison is too much of a shooting pg for your tastes.

Yes, he's improved from where he was, but he's still not a point guard. Add Westbrook and DRose to that list.

EDIT: I fully admit that IF Curry was here, or DRose/Westbrook, there wouldn't be nearly the complaints about their style, but that's the entire point. Don't make the argument that this team needs a true point guard, then advocate for players that don't even fit the description.

All of them, DC/Westbrook/Curry/Rose, are scoring point guards. DC is just the worst scorer out of the bunch.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Best all around game of the year. Everyone on offense was great except Roy. Point guard play was fantastic on both ends. Danny was fully engaged, and was able to put together a great game both offensively and defensively for the first time this year IMO. How about some of those shots he was hitting? He looked supremely confident last night.

I wanted to also mention D. West. If he gets 100% healthy and plays like he used to and did last night in the 2nd half, we're gonna be really tough to beat. He's forced a lot of shots this year, but I think it's because he's not 100% and he's not getting the same easy looks he's been accustom to getting playing alongside CP3. Last night he got some of those in rhythm shots, and when he's going good the pick and pop is a beautiful thing. I thought last night we ran the pick and roll/pop better than we had all year.

As good as he was on offense the 2nd half, it was a play on D that had me excited and thinking he might be close to healthy. It was when he was guarding Dwight in the post, and Dwight was going to his main move that works against probably 90% of the league: back down - hop step into the paint - right hand half hook. Well, he never made it to the hop step because when he lowered his shoulder to back D. West down he ran into a brick wall and lost the ball . He's a beast and already has helped this team a ton mentally as well as on the court, but when his game gets back to normal the league better watch out.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 01-30-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubio, Irvin, Rondo, CP3, Dwill, Calderon, Lowry and Conley disagree with this.

I could also name guys like Felton, Parker, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, Rose and Westbrook, guys that are not true point guard per se but are pretty good at their position, they all have court vision, passing ability and are pretty good floor generals.
    This is my original post, "guys that are not true point guards but are pretty good at their position".

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    He's not a point guard, and especially not a point guard if Darren Collison is too much of a shooting pg for your tastes.

Yes, he's improved from where he was, but he's still not a point guard. Add Westbrook and DRose to that list.

EDIT: I fully admit that IF Curry was here, or DRose/Westbrook, there wouldn't be nearly the complaints about their style, but that's the entire point. Don't make the argument that this team needs a true point guard, then advocate for players that don't even fit the description.

All of them, DC/Westbrook/Curry/Rose, are scoring point guards. DC is just the worst scorer out of the bunch.

I'm not advocating for a "true point guard" I am advocating for a better point guard so we are able to compete againts the two best teams in the east in Chicago and Miami, I think we are a good point guard away to compete for anything.

That's your qualification, IN THIS THREAD. Before it was that he wasn't a true point guard, and that's what was needed.

Want proof?

Bring a true point guard, another big man that can play center and a true shooter and we might have a chance.
    We already have too many PG/SG's I rather wait for a "true point guard" and also Hill is similar to him and makes less money.

And if that's not enough here is the search results link, and you can go back through and find some more for yourself.
    http://pacersdigest.com/search.php?searchid=3172107

So let's not change arguments midstream.

Banned

That's your qualification, IN THIS THREAD. Before it was that he wasn't a true point guard, and that's what was needed.

Want proof?

And if that's not enough here is the search results link, and you can go back through and find some more for yourself.
    http://pacersdigest.com/search.php?searchid=3172107

So let's not change arguments midstream.

Yes that's my fault for using the "true point guard" terminology, what I mean by saying "true point guard" is by having somebody that has floor vision, passing ability, the ability to make difficult passes, score when needed, been a floor general, those are the requirements I look for in a point guard or even a combo guard, DC to me has the shooting ability and I like that but he doesn't have the other requirements.

edit: There is a reason why I wouldn't mind having Monta Ellis as our point guard, yes he is not a "true point guard" but he could do the same thing guys like Rose or Westbrook do for their respective teams(destroy opposite starting point guards)
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-30-2012 at 01:34 PM.

And stephen Curry, with his 5.4 assists per game is the answer while DC is lost with his 5.5 assists per game.

You also said DC was too small to see over the defense, which is one of the reasons why you say he isn't a good passer, and that GHill or AJ is a better option. The GHill that is one inch taller than DC, and AJ that is 1/2 inch taller than DC.

But yeah, let's go with you misspoke.

Banned

And stephen Curry, with his 5.4 assists per game is the answer while DC is lost with his 5.5 assists per game.

You also said DC was too small to see over the defense, which is one of the reasons why you say he isn't a good passer, and that GHill or AJ is a better option. The GHill that is one inch taller than DC, and AJ that is 1/2 inch taller than DC.

But yeah, let's go with you misspoke.
    Stephen Curry to me has the potential to be a great point guard, he has all the tools to be a really good point guard, floor vision, passing ability, he has every single tool you need from your point guard, DC is not even in the same level.