Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 157

Thread: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

  1. #76
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. DC's not any more of a PG than he is IMO. They're both scorers who can occasionally make a pass. Hell, that one handed pass Hill whipped in for the Hansbrough finish tonight is something I don't ever recall DC making/doing.

    I think the offense would be largely the same. The only difference would be the 1 is slower but bigger/stronger. I think it would be a net positive after they had time to gel. Our defense could be truly elite with that group.

    I'm with Sookie. Hill has the ability to make some nice passes, but even compared to Darren, he looks to pass it far less. He doesn't consider himself a shooting guard, and the offense this year has been even more stagnant than usual when he runs it.

    I'd prefer us to put our players in position to succeed, not force square pegs into round holes. Hill has looked his best this year when he looks for his own offense, he's pretty clearly a SG imo.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Also, if you don't lose two games in a row, and you won't lose many playoff series.

    Also, Danny Granger has his groove back and it is oh so good.


    More beer!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. DC's not any more of a PG than he is IMO. They're both scorers who can occasionally make a pass. Hell, that one handed pass Hill whipped in for the Hansbrough finish tonight is something I don't ever recall DC making/doing.

    I think the offense would be largely the same. The only difference would be the 1 is slower but bigger/stronger. I think it would be a net positive after they had time to gel. Our defense could be truly elite with that group.
    I think Collison is more consistent. Look at the wild swings we have seen from George Hill. I'd rather keep the less consistent players on the bench.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  7. #79

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. DC's not any more of a PG than he is IMO. They're both scorers who can occasionally make a pass. Hell, that one handed pass Hill whipped in for the Hansbrough finish tonight is something I don't ever recall DC making/doing.

    I think the offense would be largely the same. The only difference would be the 1 is slower but bigger/stronger. I think it would be a net positive after they had time to gel. Our defense could be truly elite with that group.
    I disagree, I think there's a visible difference between the way DC runs an offense and the way Hill does.

    DC's a scoring point guard, but he still knows how to be a point guard.

  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only difference would be the 1 is slower but bigger/stronger.
    I don't love the idea, but I've got to say he wouldn't be THAT much slower. Hill hit the gas tonight while taking the ball up the court, and he was gone. I had no idea he could move that quickly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of Hill, the thing about him is his defense is at its best when he's a 1, but his offense is at its best when he's a 2.

    I'd still be curious to see him become the starter for that very reason, especially since DC is clearly score first (as evidence, as if we need more, look no further than that steal where either he could lay it in uncontested, or easily pass it to Danny who was right with him for the same layup, and he never even looked at Danny).
    You keep bringing this up (You did it on twitter too) and I'm not trying to call you out, but DC had 10 assists tonight + right after this he had the steal and the great behind the back pass to Danny for the layup. With the way you keep framing that play, it comes off, to me at least, like DC never looks for the pass and that's just not true. I understand DC looks for his shot a lot, but there are plenty of times where he looks to set up the other guy. Hill looks for his shot too, he is certainly not a better point guard than DC, perhaps he is a better player in certain situations, but even that is up for debate, JMO.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  13. #82

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Are you talking about Pendergraph or Foster here? Can Pendergraph really be that big?

    To me looking at JP next to Granger numerous times in the huddle, I can see JP being that tall.

    It would be interesting to see what JP's pre-draft measurements were.

  14. #83
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some thoughts on the game:

    Nice to see us win a game when Roy doesn't play well. Not dogging him, he played hard against Dwight, but that dude was unbelievable. Amazing how big Howard is.

    I liked how we packed the lane against him in the second half. The Pacers handled the switch in tactics very well. That's the third time we've done this: played the superstar one way during the first two or three quarters, then switched up the approach in crunch time. Really seemed effective against Orlando, as it did against the Lakers and Bulls.

    The whole team played excellent defense, but I loved Danny's volleyball spike in the second/third quarter. Actually, as the resident Anthpologist, I gotta give Danny some love for the whole game. He played great D, both on his man and in breakup up the passing lanes. He moved the ball well. And I'm really becoming a fan of his play in the post. Vogel was right to force-feed him those shots early in the season; Danny's clearly settled in and played well in the post against some good defenders. By the third quarter, Orlando was doubling him immediately, leaving to great ball rotation by the Pacers.

    I loved Tyler starting to show signs of life. He played hard on D against Dwight (and what can you do against the guy, really), passed the ball at the appropriate times, and hit a couple hard shots. Actually Dwight should have gotten a technical foul call at 9:49 in the half, when Dwight knocked Tyler down and talked down at him while walking past. CLEARLY taunting, if a Pacer had done it.

    The Orlando announcers made a good point: while the Pacers have had a hard schedule in terms of road games and opponents, they've had an easy one in terms of number of back-to-backs. I guess that'll even out later in the season, but the good news is that will be during a homestand against bad teams. So it's in our favor overall, but expect a couple schedule losses to easy teams.

    Great win, all around.
    We also did it with little success against Pierce (we should have put Paul George on him before the 4th quarter.

  15. #84
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. DC's not any more of a PG than he is IMO. They're both scorers who can occasionally make a pass. Hell, that one handed pass Hill whipped in for the Hansbrough finish tonight is something I don't ever recall DC making/doing.

    I think the offense would be largely the same. The only difference would be the 1 is slower but bigger/stronger. I think it would be a net positive after they had time to gel. Our defense could be truly elite with that group.
    No offense Hicks, but I think you're having some selective memory here. (Regardless, when was the last time we had 1 guy with as much as talent as Hill adn DC have in the backcourt, let alone 2?)

    Also, let's not ignore the fact that DC has already improved his D by leaps and bounds from where it was last year.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #85

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense Hicks, but I think you're having some selective memory here. (Regardless, when was the last time we had 1 guy with as much as talent as Hill adn DC have in the backcourt, let alone 2?)

    Also, let's not ignore the fact that DC has already improved his D by leaps and bounds from where it was last year.
    It's also, imo, not about how good of a pass a player is capable of making, but rather if said player can make the right pass.

    But that's not even talking about running an offense. Hill just struggles with it, because it's not what his natural mentality is.

    I really think DC gets a lot of crap for no reason (and I know Hicks wasn't doing that). He's playing the hardest position on the floor, with a bunch of young guys that are learning how to execute with him. And his coach really hasn't had the time to teach a good offense, making it harder for him to run a good offense. Then, because we're effectively only playing one point guard, he's got to play excessive minutes in a compact season. He's done a really good job, imo. Our record wouldn't be what it is without him.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  19. #86

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me looking at JP next to Granger numerous times in the huddle, I can see JP being that tall.

    It would be interesting to see what JP's pre-draft measurements were.
    6'8.75" (no shoes), 7'1" wingspan, 8'11" standing reach ... funny enough, nearly identical to McRoberts.

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...dergraph-1165/

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:


  21. #87
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You keep bringing this up (You did it on twitter too) and I'm not trying to call you out, but DC had 10 assists tonight + right after this he had the steal and the great behind the back pass to Danny for the layup. With the way you keep framing that play, it comes off, to me at least, like DC never looks for the pass and that's just not true. I understand DC looks for his shot a lot, but there are plenty of times where he looks to set up the other guy. Hill looks for his shot too, he is certainly not a better point guard than DC, perhaps he is a better player in certain situations, but even that is up for debate, JMO.
    I'm with you on this. I saw nothing from Darren that didn't make me want to keep him as the long-term starter at point.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  23. #88
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We also did it with little success against Pierce (we should have put Paul George on him before the 4th quarter.
    We did, it failed miserably. Pierce made George look silly when guarding him, and it was well before the fourth quarter.

  24. #89
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    The Pacers are tied with Chicago and OKC for most road wins in the NBA right now. Let that soak in for a second.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #90
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We did, it failed miserably. Pierce made George look silly when guarding him, and it was well before the fourth quarter.
    Really? I must be misremembering. I definitely thought Danny was the one guarding him during that disastrous third. I stand corrected.

  27. #91
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    We're awesome.

  28. #92
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,149

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly the focus of ESPN and the rest of the talking heads will be on the Bulls-Heat game, but I wonder what lengths they will go to, to avoid giving us props tonight...
    To be honest, there were several great matches tonight. Bulls - Heat, Cavaliers - Celtics, Spurs - Mavericks, Lakers - Timberwolves and Clippers - Nuggets were amazing games.

    They should give us props on the great road blowout, though.

  29. #93

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I must be misremembering. I definitely thought Danny was the one guarding him during that disastrous third. I stand corrected.
    It was Granger.

  30. #94
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Great Game tonight!

    DC, Hill and Granger all put alot of pressure on their backcourt. I think it wore the magic down by the halftime.
    DC played a solid game with a double double, 5-10 11pts 10 ast. He did have 4 turnovers but he was pushing the tempo wearing the Magic down.

    Danny was solid *applause*.

    Hill was a tremendous spark coming off the bench. He was the dagger, they didn't have an answer for him. Hill is proving he is worth the money if he can keep this play up.

    I really like the play of Hans against Howard. I was happy for Hans to get the funk out.

    Lou was instrumental, his best game as a Pacers by a mile. Hope to see more of that play. He had some really good P&R.

    I thought West had a pretty good game, he had 16pts., 7 rebounds 4 being Offensive Rebounds. I would've liked to see him shoot just alittle better but I'll take it and most all of them was good looks. I think his foot movement, leg strength and speed is getting better by the game. He looked really fresh and much more confident compared to the first game we saw him, Incredible difference, really.

    George played ok, he pulled down 7 boards and 2 ast. I would like him to be more aggressive but at least he isn't trying to do to much.

    Hibbert....well, I'll just say, gettem next game Big Fella! (btw, refs was pickin on him some).

    All in All, A really solid team effort on both sides of the ball!

    Go Pacers!

  31. #95
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,538
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Great 2nd half, that 2nd quarter worried me, solid team win.

    I've got to give Lou some love for his performance tonight, I've been pretty critical about his play.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  33. #96
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with Sookie. Hill has the ability to make some nice passes, but even compared to Darren, he looks to pass it far less. He doesn't consider himself a shooting guard, and the offense this year has been even more stagnant than usual when he runs it.

    I'd prefer us to put our players in position to succeed, not force square pegs into round holes. Hill has looked his best this year when he looks for his own offense, he's pretty clearly a SG imo.
    He doesn't consider himself a shooting guard?

  34. #97
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't consider himself a shooting guard?
    Point guard I mean.

  35. #98
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,822

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen Stan Van Gundy? I don't think that guy has ever shared food in his life.
    So are we going to start making fun of people's weight now? He lot a bunch of weight over the offseason. He was standing up for a fellow coach, nothing wrong with that

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  37. #99
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Price and Stephenson both looked good in limited minutes.
    I also like Frank is playing Lance with some of the starters still in from time to time. Lance has been playing solid of late, & IMO playing w/ better scoring options is smart because it takes advantage of his passing, and occupies the defencive attention, giving Lance better options. Still would like him to be more aggressive at times, but like that he is trying to be a team guy, not a 1-on-1 baller.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  38. #100
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still would like him to be more aggressive at times, but like that he is trying to be a team guy, not a 1-on-1 baller.
    I don't think I've seen a guy's game look so different from one season to the next. Danny was amazing for a while with his continuous improvement, but his game didn't look fundamentally different after the offseason. He just was better at doing what he already did, plus he added a few new wrinkles.

    Everything about Stephenson's game is different from last year. He's not putting up any numbers yet, but it's really impressive how much his game has fundamentally shifted towards a team concept.

    If he can change that much (by building on this much better foundation) again before next season, I could see him becoming an actual contributor to a winning Pacers team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •