Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 157

Thread: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

  1. #51
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Also: while Lou played his best game as a Pacer tonight, I liked what we saw from Jeff Pendergraph in garbage time. That kid might be a keeper, and if he's really the same size as Lou I'd like to see him occasionally get some of Lou's minutes.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,368

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also: while Lou played his best game as a Pacer tonight, I liked what we saw from Jeff Pendergraph in garbage time. That kid might be a keeper, and if he's really the same size as Lou I'd like to see him occasionally get some of Lou's minutes.
    Agreed.I know that Jeff played in the garbage minutes,but for starters he has much better movement than Lou with the ball on his hands.I always said that he can't be much worse than Lou offensively.

  4. #53

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers handled the switch in tactics very well. That's the third time we've done this: played the superstar one way during the first two or three quarters, then switched up the approach in crunch time. Really seemed effective against Orlando, as it did against the Lakers and Bulls.
    I thought this was worth re-posting. I love this strategy. It's very under-rated, but it was a huge factor into slowing Rose in the 4th quarter and slowing Howard tonight.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  6. #54

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    I think Jeff is a better player. He still looks a bit slow/weak in comparison to pre-injury, but he's improved. I hope we'll see some PT when he's in good condition.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,368

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He still looks a bit slow/weak in comparison to pre-injury
    That's because he doesn't get minutes.Even if he hadn't had the injury,he would have looked like that.Takes game time to shake off the rustiness.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow you're right I just started trying to create a test thread but I had the same problem. Weird, probably a database-related problem.
    I think it has to do with the board software trying to index and/or show threads with similar titles. I had to shorting the Guess The Score thread titles to work around it.

    Doug
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  11. #57
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    I need to quit doubting the ability of this team to bounce back. They have yet to lose consecutive games this season.

    13-6 with only 6 home games and wins on the road against the Lakers, Bulls, and Magic. Impressive.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,735

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THIS JUST IN: Magic fans think we celebrate too much on here. "We'll never forget it," they remarked.
    I realize you're being facetious, but I must say that complaints of this sort are a good sign for the Pacers. It's a precursor to some day when we'll all be singing "Ding Dong, the witch is dead"...probably in the United Center.

  14. #59
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also: while Lou played his best game as a Pacer tonight, I liked what we saw from Jeff Pendergraph in garbage time. That kid might be a keeper, and if he's really the same size as Lou I'd like to see him occasionally get some of Lou's minutes.
    Jeff is actually significantly taller than Lou. If Lou is 6'9, Jeff has to be 6'11". I think it's more like 6'8" to 6'10", but nonetheless. And he's long.

  15. #60
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Just checking out the box for the first time, and noticing some fascinating stuff.

    Every Pacer player has a positive plus-minus.

    George Hill's game is even more impressive on paper than it was live. Great stats, which doesn't even take into account his D. I'm still not sure if he's a 1 or a 2, but he played well tonight.

    I can't believe Lou went 4-4. His steal of Collison's pass to Granger was awesome, since he hit it. Otherwise it would have been bad.

    Price and Stephenson both looked good in limited minutes.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  16. #61

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also forgot to mention, game ball to Vogel for knowing how to make adjustments, great coaching job by him today.
    I agree. And he has done that several times now. Yup, he's gotta be a frontrunner for COY honors. His to lose now, really.

  17. #62
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Speaking of Hill, the thing about him is his defense is at its best when he's a 1, but his offense is at its best when he's a 2.

    I'd still be curious to see him become the starter for that very reason, especially since DC is clearly score first (as evidence, as if we need more, look no further than that steal where either he could lay it in uncontested, or easily pass it to Danny who was right with him for the same layup, and he never even looked at Danny).

    The defense and size would be pretty outstanding:

    Hill
    George
    Granger
    West
    Hibbert

    When David West is your 'midget' of the starting 5, you're a HUGE team. Defensively we could only improve and get bigger by putting Jeff there at the 4, which is obviously not worth it, but would be fun to see in small doses.

    This rotation could be interesting:

    Start Hill, George, Granger, West, and Hibbert.

    Sub in Darren Collison and Tyler Hansbrough together for Paul George and West for a DC/Hill/Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert lineup.

    Then sub in Lance, Jones, and Foster to complete the bench later on in the quarter for a DC/Lance/Jones/Hansbrough/Foster group. If Lance is killing us, you can play Paul more minutes at the 3 and let Jones move to the 2 guard, or whatever matchup is best between the two.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #63
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff is actually significantly taller than Lou. If Lou is 6'9, Jeff has to be 6'11". I think it's more like 6'8" to 6'10", but nonetheless. And he's long.
    Are you talking about Pendergraph or Foster here? Can Pendergraph really be that big?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. #64
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,735

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just checking out the box for the first time, and noticing some fascinating stuff.

    Every Pacer player has a positive plus-minus.

    George Hill's game is even more impressive on paper than it was live. Great stats, which doesn't even take into account his D. I'm still not sure if he's a 1 or a 2, but he played well tonight.

    I can't believe Lou went 4-4. His steal of Collison's pass to Granger was awesome, since he hit it. Otherwise it would have been bad.

    Price and Stephenson both looked good in limited minutes.
    Hill doesn't have a position. But he certainly helps you win tough games.

    I guess that's about all that matters...

  21. #65

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Can't wait to get Foster back on Tuesday. The defense will only get better with the quality minutes he will give if he is healthy again.

  22. #66
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Pendergraph. Though I now see he and Lou are both listed at 6'9", I thought Jeff looked taller to me.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  24. #67

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    The problem with that is Hill really isn't a point guard. So as great as it would be defensively, our offense goes from mediocre to bad.

    He played well tonight, but I just think we need to give him the "scorer off the bench" role, and he'll be more consistent.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  26. #68
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pendergraph. Though I now see he and Lou are both listed at 6'9", I thought Jeff looked taller to me.
    I saw them both on the practice court with Billy Keller before a game earlier this year and I thought Jeff clearly looked taller. I think Lou is stronger though.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  28. #69
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with that is Hill really isn't a point guard. So as great as it would be defensively, our offense goes from mediocre to bad.

    He played well tonight, but I just think we need to give him the "scorer off the bench" role, and he'll be more consistent.
    I disagree. DC's not any more of a PG than he is IMO. They're both scorers who can occasionally make a pass. Hell, that one handed pass Hill whipped in for the Hansbrough finish tonight is something I don't ever recall DC making/doing.

    I think the offense would be largely the same. The only difference would be the 1 is slower but bigger/stronger. I think it would be a net positive after they had time to gel. Our defense could be truly elite with that group.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  30. #70

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Clearly the focus of ESPN and the rest of the talking heads will be on the Bulls-Heat game, but I wonder what lengths they will go to, to avoid giving us props tonight...

  31. #71
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Brooke+glasses=win

    Me+drunk=win

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  33. #72
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,858

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too bored too look right now,anyone knows what's our record starting from the Sacramento match?
    We're 4-2 after the Sac match.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  35. #73
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,943
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every Pacer player has a positive plus-minus.
    All the starters were negative at half. Then, Danny Granger in the third.

  36. #74
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    888

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (as evidence, as if we need more, look no further than that steal where either he could lay it in uncontested, or easily pass it to Danny who was right with him for the same layup, and he never even looked at Danny).
    Well thought out post, but this unfair. Especially with the way that Collison has distrubuted the ball lately.

    The defense and size would be pretty outstanding:

    Hill
    George
    Granger
    West
    Hibbert
    Nope, don't fix what isn't broken. Hill is a better defender, but it is not leaps and bounds. Have you seen the ball pressure Collison has been applying lately? Not to mention the recovery on pick and rolls. Plus, Collison has proven himself to our best overall point guard on the team. I wouldn't be opposed to substituting Hill in earlier, so that Collison can be in more with the 2nd unit, but Hill has done a solid job of carrying that unit. More importantly, I have no statistical evidence, but Hill seems to disappear when playing with the starters.

  37. #75

    Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff is actually significantly taller than Lou. If Lou is 6'9, Jeff has to be 6'11". I think it's more like 6'8" to 6'10", but nonetheless. And he's long.


    I agree and have remarked a couple of times JP looked an inch or 2 taller than Granger at 6'9".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •