Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Magic postgame thread

Default Re: d

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tried and it takes forever.
    It comes off as pretty childish. Just sayin.

@MikeWellsNBA
    Pacers still have yet to lose back to back games this season

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't get to watch the game, but I'll throw out one of those "it's way too early to discuss this" questions: What do we think Vogel's chances at COY are?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    It comes off as pretty childish. Just sayin.

We are a very good team. We will struggle with shooting all year long making us look questionable. But if we play D like we are capable of on a regular basis this team will go deep.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game, but I'll throw out one of those "it's way too early to discuss this" questions: What do we think Vogel's chances at COY are?
    Usually COY is one who comes out of nowhere and greatly improves the team from the season before, like Thibs and Scott Brooks. So Vogel should definitely be in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Looks like Magic was right about the Pacers, 3rd best team in the east?
    atlanta hasn't played anyone good since horford went out... so i say they drop and i say philly drops bc their schedule is finally going to get difficult

Banned

I would think so, he has outcoached guys that are supossed to be good coaches, Mike Brown, Rivers and Vangundy.

edit: I almost forgot tom thibodeau
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-29-2012 at 08:47 PM.

I think he has the inside track.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

With the way the Pacers are playing, he's got a chance for sure, and it's more than a small one. We're navigating one of the toughest parts of our schedule pretty well. If we beat the cupcakes later on like we should...our record is going to be SO much better than last year, and that (plus I bet there is some carry over effect from the way Vogel had us ready to compete in the playoffs last year) makes Coach Vogel a strong candidate.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

"What'd you guys think of Jim O'Brien getting fired?" Van Gundy asked reporters. "Do you guys look at that team in Indiana and say, 'Wow, they have great talent? They should be winning a lot more games?' No? Me either. I was just checking.
    Eat s*** Van Gundy and share some with your brother while your at it.
    Last edited by Pacersalltheway10; 01-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Whether accurate or not, it comes off like you are afraid of not being "first" to start the game thread, so you just use a one-character title as fast as possible, then edit the title (much) later.

It's kinda cheesy becuase right now I'm still replying to a thread named "d."

Can't you paste the name of a pre-written title? It takes one click to paste right?

Apologies if I'm mistaken and there's some technical problem I'm not aware of. Just telling you how it looks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Eat s*** Van Gundy and share some with your borther while your at it.
    Have you seen Stan Van Gundy? I don't think that guy has ever shared food in his life.

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Boston got beat at home tonight by the CAVS.

What the hell !!! Granger's block should be on the top plays of ESPN. I think this is the best game the Pacers played all year. Granger definitely got his shot back. Sick block! Can somebody post the video?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tflo For This Useful Post:

Whether accurate or not, it comes off like you are afraid of not being "first" to start the game thread, so you just use a one-character title as fast as possible, then edit the title (much) later.

It's kinda cheesy becuase right now I'm still replying to a thread named "d."

Can't you paste the name of a pre-written title? It takes one click to paste right?

Apologies if I'm mistaken and there's some technical problem I'm not aware of. Just telling you how it looks
    There used to be some technical problem, but it has since been fixed. For longer thread titles, it still takes a little bit longer to get them to show up, but for the most part (in my experience with it), it has been fixed. I don't think he's doing it to be "first."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I think he has the inside track.
    If you look at the dramatic changes he implemented, it's clear his style is the polar opposite of his predecessor and while we did add a couple important pieces to this team, many of the same players are out there. Vogel is the reason this team is playing far better.

The only comment to the negative I might make is...it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. A junior high school kid could have coached better than the last coach.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Never mind the game analysis, how loudly did the team celebrate in the locker room?

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Smits Happens For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

There is (or was according to Hicks earlier in this thread) where some thread titles would cause an error message. Every game thread I've done, I've started with just the opponent's name (Magic) and then edit later because it would fail to post otherwise.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Boston got beat at home tonight by the CAVS.
    The Pacers hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    There is (or was according to Hicks earlier in this thread) where some thread titles would cause an error message. Every game thread I've done, I've started with just the opponent's name (Magic) and then edit later because it would fail to post otherwise.
    Wow you're right I just started trying to create a test thread but I had the same problem. Weird, probably a database-related problem.

That's what I get for turning into a lurker, it's been a while since I started a thread. Carry on

we win we win hahahahahah! oh wait I'll hold the celebration :X

THIS JUST IN: Magic fans think we celebrate too much on here. "We'll never forget it," they remarked.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Some thoughts on the game:

Nice to see us win a game when Roy doesn't play well. Not dogging him, he played hard against Dwight, but that dude was unbelievable. Amazing how big Howard is.

I liked how we packed the lane against him in the second half. The Pacers handled the switch in tactics very well. That's the third time we've done this: played the superstar one way during the first two or three quarters, then switched up the approach in crunch time. Really seemed effective against Orlando, as it did against the Lakers and Bulls.

The whole team played excellent defense, but I loved Danny's volleyball spike in the second/third quarter. Actually, as the resident Anthpologist, I gotta give Danny some love for the whole game. He played great D, both on his man and in breakup up the passing lanes. He moved the ball well. And I'm really becoming a fan of his play in the post. Vogel was right to force-feed him those shots early in the season; Danny's clearly settled in and played well in the post against some good defenders. By the third quarter, Orlando was doubling him immediately, leaving to great ball rotation by the Pacers.

I loved Tyler starting to show signs of life. He played hard on D against Dwight (and what can you do against the guy, really), passed the ball at the appropriate times, and hit a couple hard shots. Actually Dwight should have gotten a technical foul call at 9:49 in the half, when Dwight knocked Tyler down and talked down at him while walking past. CLEARLY taunting, if a Pacer had done it.

The Orlando announcers made a good point: while the Pacers have had a hard schedule in terms of road games and opponents, they've had an easy one in terms of number of back-to-backs. I guess that'll even out later in the season, but the good news is that will be during a homestand against bad teams. So it's in our favor overall, but expect a couple schedule losses to easy teams.

Great win, all around.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: