Thread: IND/BOS

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default IND/BOS

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=8xhdgj3

IND Gets: Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal

BOS Gets: D. Jones, Lance Stephenson, and Tyler Hansbrough (maybe throw in a pick if they don't take it as it is)

Boston gets rid is of 2 older players (and 10 mil out of their cap this year), get a project that may or may not turn into a gem in Lance, and a great YOUNG player in Hansbrough.

Indiana gets the two pieces needed to solidify a deep bench. Might just give us enough power to make it past the first 2 rounds and into the Eastern Conference Finals.

Default Re: IND/BOS

I would love to get Ray….but the only way Boston does this is if come the deadline they haven't turned a corner they've yet to turn….that said I have no interest in J.O. and not because I don't like him because I do, but he is do for yet ANOTHER MRI on his knee….Jermaine is finished so there is no way I give up Tyler AND Lance to get a guy who is finished…..and a guy who has 1-3 effective years left and only 1 for sure in a Pacers uniform.

Sports Logo

The Celtics would consider such a trade only if they end up playing really really bad towards the deadline, which is unlikely
    I think it's a good deal for us but I don't see them doing it

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Come deadline if the Celts are not looking to make noise in the playoffs. I think a first would get Allen and they can keep JO. We can't trade Jones as he backs up our SF. Allen is a SG. You don't give up Hans for a rental and Hans is our backup. Hans may have to start if West or Hibbert can't go and Foster is in his suit.

Right now I really want Ray Allen and JO, but I don't want to get rid of Jones. I think you could get a good amount from the Celtics with Hansbrough since Doc Rivers likes him so much. This could work without the pick and/or Jones IMO.

Banned

damn good trade

I wouldnt give up Tyler and a 1st for two players that have 2 years left in them...
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldnt give up Tyler and a 1st for two players that have 2 years left in them...
    That and JO might not play the rest of the year. Not sure you can trade for an injured player.

And then Boston would just waive him.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!