Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

Mood

Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When all else fails, and you know you've lost, resort to emoticon only posts. Well done.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Well unfortunately it's impossible to have intelligent discourse with someone who has posts that only consist of "You're special!" and face palm emoticons.
    Then the mistake was to engage with him to begin with.

Yes, I'm going to keep going back to that site now that I'm aware of it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I felt a great disturbance this evening, as if millions of Pacers fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. Like missing 18 three point shots.
    Jim-O'B-Wan Kenobi, is that you?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Anyway, again, if a poster is bothering you this much (and this goes to multiple people reading this), WALK THE HELL AWAY and stop adding on to it / keeping it going. It's annoying, stupid, and worthless to keep responding to the posts you have an issue with when this is all that comes from it. Leave them be.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Anyway, again, if a poster is bothering you this much (and this goes to multiple people reading this), WALK THE HELL AWAY and stop adding on to it / keeping it going. It's annoying, stupid, and worthless to keep responding to the posts you have an issue with when this is all that comes from it. Leave them be.
    Or put them on ignore. In the last week/ten days I've put 8 people on ignore because they argue repeatedly and just clutter up Pacers Digest with useless posts.

It's actually surprising how much better the Digest has become for me. I recommend more people do it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Staying logged out until you wish to post has a similar effect. Anytime I wish to jump in the fray, I have to think, is it worth typing out the old username and password, and usually also typing the wrong password and going through several warning/prompt screens until I get it right? Usually, it just isn't.

Also, on the subject of Brooke's glasses - are these the same ones she wore two games ago? She had big glasses on then, and Quinn and the other guy drew attention to it in the broadcast, kind of half-teasing and half-complimenting. And then I noticed the very next game she didn't have them on. I missed this game to watch 50/50, a surprisingly good flick. But I would agree that she looked good with them on. And I'm not sure why Quinn and the other guy (I will never know his name) found it to be such a "fashion statement."

Speaking of two games ago, Quinn's reaction when he thought the other dude had addressed him as "Clark" was classic. In a deep haughty voice, CLARK IS NOT HERE.
    Last edited by SoupIsGood; 01-28-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Or put them on ignore. In the last week/ten days I've put 8 people on ignore because they argue repeatedly and just clutter up Pacers Digest with useless posts.

It's actually surprising how much better the Digest has become for me. I recommend more people do it.
    I mostly forget about the ignore function.

Plus I always sort of figured that if people were ignored and made comments in a thread that caused discussion, NOT seeing those original comments would just be really confusing.

That, plus I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. It's just that sometimes (I've done it too) emotions get the best of people and some poorly chosen statements are made on forums.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This is one weird postgame thread...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This is one weird postgame thread...
    For whatever reaaon, they always end up weird
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

My thoughts...

We have beaten the Celts 2 outta 3 so far... they don't scare me in a playoff series. We are a better team than they are this season, we just had a bad game... again.

Once we start getting more games at home I'm sure we'll start putting some winning streaks together. Right now, seeing as how most of our games have been road games, I'm totally satisfied with our record.

I hate every loss and have never been one to make excuses but sometimes the ball doesn't go in the hole and you lose... tonight was one of those nights. Our spacing on the floor was terrible and the ball movement sucked. When we pass the ball instead of dribbling we are a much more potent team... however when players are out of position there aren't any passes to be made. I think that was evident early in the game with the number of turnovers in Q1. While I'm sure that Vogel makes it clear to the players where they need to be... I don't see anyone on the floor taking control of it. Which leads me to the next paragraph....

I have said it over and over again...... we must acquire a legit point guard eventually. We will never see this team play to it's full potential until we do so. It should be our #1 priority IMHO. I agree with many others on here that we need some front court help off the bench... but... the PG position is where the offense is going to start and thats going to be our achilles heel for the foreseeable future. I will admit that Collison has played well for the most part this season... but he's still at his core a mediocre 1. He seems to me to be a guy that goes out there and plays his role but doesn't take ownership of it like I want to see. The pg needs to be your quarterback... he must set the tempo, know the plays, know where everyone should be... he must enforce the coaches game plan... and maybe thats asking just a little too much from DC. We've got to get a better 1 in here sometime, the sooner the better if ya ask me.

And for whatever reason, Tyler has fallen off the map and that disappoints me greatly. WTF Tyler..!! Our bench is hurting us at this point... even the games we've won lately, the bench has still been underwhelming. We were playing much better through all four quaters when Foster was healthy... looking forward to him coming back soon. While he may not make many highlight reels... he certainly does make game changing plays with critical rebounds and smart hard fouls.

i wouldn't spend any money on a George Hill Pacers jersey... doubt if he's a long timer in Indy. I like the kids game for the most part but he's not cutting it running the point. Rather see him coming off the bench as a dedicated 2. I can see why it was 50/50 with Spurs fans when he left San Antonio.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

the celtics have been doing this fairly often the past couple seasons they'll start off dead although this seasons it seems worse cause so many games so soon and so often. all those guys play themselves into shape. They'll have a great run during the middle part of this season and then have another falloff towards the end of the season is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    the celtics have been doing this fairly often the past couple seasons they'll start off dead although this seasons it seems worse cause so many games so soon and so often. all those guys play themselves into shape. They'll have a great run during the middle part of this season and then have another falloff towards the end of the season is my prediction.
    Since it's a shorter season, they might not have their fall off. Maybe they can take out Chicago or Miami first.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    What happened to the defense tonight? I think the Celts must have had about 20 layups. They had so many I lost track after a while.
    How many times are they gonna let Piece go left for the layup? Good insight.

(Sure beats the one about "who cares if she can interview or not.")

:smh:

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach View Post

I have said it over and over again...... we must acquire a legit point guard eventually. We will never see this team play to it's full potential until we do so. It should be our #1 priority IMHO. I agree with many others on here that we need some front court help off the bench... but... the PG position is where the offense is going to start and thats going to be our achilles heel for the foreseeable future. I will admit that Collison has played well for the most part this season... but he's still at his core a mediocre 1. He seems to me to be a guy that goes out there and plays his role but doesn't take ownership of it like I want to see. The pg needs to be your quarterback... he must set the tempo, know the plays, know where everyone should be... he must enforce the coaches game plan... and maybe thats asking just a little too much from DC. We've got to get a better 1 in here sometime, the sooner the better if ya ask me.
    Great post.

I totally agree about the 1. I don't come onto these post game threads and say it every night because that becomes overkill. But that's really how it ought to go. Overall, strategically, our offensive problems come back to needing a true point.

My hope is that Bird, Vogel and company understand this better than we do. But as has been noted many times, getting a decent point guard is not an easy thing. Patience, Grasshopper.

And for whatever reason, Tyler has fallen off the map and that disappoints me greatly. WTF Tyler..!! Our bench is hurting us at this point... even the games we've won lately, the bench has still been underwhelming. We were playing much better through all four quaters when Foster was healthy... looking forward to him coming back soon. While he may not make many highlight reels... he certainly does make game changing plays with critical rebounds and smart hard fouls.
    Am I miscontruing it, or did Tyler not help lead the charge in the start of the second half to nearly tie the game? And wasn't he pulled just after he totally owned Garnett on that dunk? (Talk about fearless!)

He was the inspirational leader of that run. I don't think Hibbert should have come in to replace him until the run died down.

i wouldn't spend any money on a George Hill Pacers jersey... doubt if he's a long timer in Indy. I like the kids game for the most part but he's not cutting it running the point. Rather see him coming off the bench as a dedicated 2. I can see why it was 50/50 with Spurs fans when he left San Antonio.
    I hope we keep George Hill. He is not elite, but he is very good. He is the kind of player that will really shine in the playoffs—clutch and great defender. I can understand not giving him $7.5 million, but let's hope we can resign him.

If we can acquire that top point guard (trading DC in the process) then I am great with Hill as the backup combo guard at the 1 and 2. That's serious depth.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 01-28-2012 at 09:27 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    I would like for this thread to resurrect use of the following words:

1. Brooke
    2. Smokin'
    3. Ravage
    4. Titty
    5. Church group
    6. Mature adults

Go!
    I'm guessing a lot of posters here don't go to Church. Group me in with those who believe that's for mature adults and those not into smokin'. I think Brooke Shields started attending church after writing her book about depression, which ravaged her soul. One of her pets is a white tufted titty mouse.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 01-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

The thing that got be upset was very poor pick and roll defense against Paul Pierce. Terrible execution by the Pacers, it wasn't because Pierce is so quick, it was just poor

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

For those of you who didn't get to watch this game, consider yourselves lucky.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The thing that got be upset was very poor pick and roll defense against Paul Pierce. Terrible execution by the Pacers, it wasn't because Pierce is so quick, it was just poor
    What happens when you push Pierce to his right?

Because he went left for an easy layup about ten times last night.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

what does that mean??
    Okay, I think I've asked before, and just forgot the answer since I'm dumb. But that .gif is from...How High? Feel like I should know this.

Our bench sucks massive with out Foster in there. I mean it is night and day. Terrible bench play last night.

Also, on the topic of Brooke's glasses. I can't believe you people think those frames look good. They are too big for her face. The lenses are too high. Need to narrow them down a bit. Looks like she is wear old lady frames.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I'm guessing a lot of posters here don't go to Church. Group me in with those who believe that's for mature adults and those not into smokin'. I think Brooke Shields started attending church after writing her book about depression, which ravaged her soul. One of her pets is a white tufted titty mouse.
    Hey now, a lot of those "mature adults" you speak of went to church and smoked

true story

Sittin on top of the world!

Pierce going left is like Fred Jones going right. You don't want him going that direction. After six drives, one has to wonder if it was in the scouting report.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

am i the only one on this forum without a small child