Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 243

Thread: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

  1. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I highly doubt New Orleans would do that deal but Biedrins current deal is really bad...How many years does he have left on that?
    NO would do it just to get rid of some contracts, JJ,Ariza and Kaman, GS would do it because they want to get rid of Biedrins contract and the only way to do it is to ad him to a piece like Monta, they would also get a true SF in Ariza and a center upgrade with Kaman to pair with Lee plus Hill.

    Biedrins has 2 more years left after this one.

  2. #177

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Don't buy it, theres a reason Hinrich has been moved 2 times in the past year, he isn't an above average PG in the NBA...Not anymore at least. He is a good back-up but he isn't a top 18 PG in the NBA. DC most likely is.

  3. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't buy it, theres a reason Hinrich has been moved 2 times in the past year, he isn't an above average PG in the NBA...Not anymore at least. He is a good back-up but he isn't a top 18 PG in the NBA. DC most likely is.
    Top 18? Ok.....

  4. #179
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO would do it just to get rid of some contracts, JJ,Ariza and Kaman, GS would do it because they want to get rid of Biedrins contract and the only way to do it is to ad him to a piece like Monta, they would also get a true SF in Ariza and a center upgrade with Kaman to pair with Lee plus Hill.

    Biedrins has 2 more years left after this one.
    Ariza and JJ dont have bad contracts they have very good ones. Monty loves both of them because they both defend very well and Jack is a good pg and Ariza is a good swingman I doubt they are trading either and especially not to just get rid of the contract.

  5. #180

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    we can get what we need for $3 million.

    Also, what we REALLY need is a point guard. Heinrich was mentioned in one of the articles. Is he an expiring? Could we get him? While not an elite PG, his decent distribution and defense would be a game changer for us the second half of the season.

    This is what Bird did when he got Lou... 2.8 mil. 3 mil doesn't get much as we've already seen. Kwame Brown (b/u) went for 7 mil for 1 year. Same with Dalembert. Who can the Pacers realistically get at 3 mil that is the answer at b/u 5?? Like the saying goes "if you want quality you pay for it." You pay 3 mil for a b/u's b/u... Lou.

    Hinrich is an expiring at 8 mil, but he's been injured. He just played his 1st game for the Hawks this week. They need him to b/u Teague. He's another combo guard which makes him a repeat of what the Pacers already have.

    To be quite honest, a good many PG's are just small SG playing PG.... combo guards.

  6. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't buy it, theres a reason Hinrich has been moved 2 times in the past year, he isn't an above average PG in the NBA...Not anymore at least. He is a good back-up but he isn't a top 18 PG in the NBA. DC most likely is.
    Hinrich has not been moved due to anything lacking on his part. He has been moved due to each team simply going in a different direction. With Chicago, it was Rose. With the Wiz, it was Wall. With Atlanta, it will be due to the Teague finally emerging.

    But, you do realize that you are easily placing Collison down the list as well? Whatever Hinrich is, IMO Collison is lower.

    By the way, sorry. This is obviously out of focus... has nothing to do with Kaman.

  7. #182

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    In all the years I've been a box score junkie, I have never seen the designation next to a players name in the box score saying they didn't play in the game due to "organizational decision."

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  9. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ariza and JJ dont have bad contracts they have very good ones. Monty loves both of them because they both defend very well and Jack is a good pg and Ariza is a good swingman I doubt they are trading either and especially not to just get rid of the contract.
    NO is going young and I don't think they see those guys as part of the future, they would probably trade them for young players and picks as the trade I proposed.

  10. #184

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaman is a lot better than a Solomon Jones type of guy. A lot better. He's, what, two years removed from the all-star game? This would do for us at center what David and Tyler (when Tyler's not playing like ***) does for us at power foward. Practically two starters. This isn't just about filling a hole, this is about getting significantly better.

    Not to mention, NOLA had Kaman playing next to Okafor at PF some this year. I posted about in in another thread weeks ago about it. If Tyler's game doesn't get straightened out, Kaman can play some b/u PF to DWest.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  12. #185

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back in 2009 if someone said to a GM, "You can have all these players for Chris Kaman," they would be like WHAAAA???? NO QUESTION....funny how time changes stuff.

    It sure does!

  13. #186

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dalembert got "starter money" what was that like 8mil? sign me up to sign Kaman for 7/8 mil for the next few years.

    7 mil 012, 6.698 mil 013. I'm not sure the 2nd year is guaranteed or a player option.

  14. #187

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really?

    In a half-court game, Hinrich is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Collison. As a defender, Hinrich is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Collison. And on the break, although Collison is definitely faster, I would probably prefer Hinrich's decision making.

    So, yeah. Hinrich is better than Collison.

    Hinrich is making 7.5M this season and will become a free agent. Collison's salary will be on the increase. Hinrich, because he has not been starting, has a salary that will decline.

    To be honest, I would love to have both players. And I really wouldn't care who started. Just bring in Hinrich. Beyond those two, I really couldn't care less who is third on the depth chart.

    As for Kaman, I'd give up Lance or AJ and a second. If we can re-sign him to a more reasonable contract, fine. That means we don't need Lou. Foster surely will retire after this season anyway.

    So, if we had Kaman and Hinrich on our roster to replace Price or Lance and Lou and Foster going into next season, I'd be pleased.

    Kaman 14 mil

    Hinrich 8.1 mil

    Pacers don't have 22mil to spend. They'd have to make a trade of some sort to be able to take on Kaman and Hinrich. Lance and Price only = 1.65 mil won't help. The Pacers have everyone at 3 mil and under except Granger and Dwest. This makes doing trades using players difficult.

  15. #188
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK so I was playing with the trade machine and came up with this:


    Indiana Pacers gets: Monta,Biedrins,Jarret Jack.


    Golden State gets: Hill, Ariza, Kaman


    New Orleans gets: Wright, DJ, DC+ picks.



    Indiana Pacers starting unit: Monta,PG,Danny,West,Roy

    bench: AJ,JJ,Lance,Tyler,Briedrins.
    Pacers can't bring that much in ....25mil in, 6mil out ....difference of 19mil.
    This trade is no good, besides why would we want Briedrins...he may get amnestied this summer. He sucks for his contract.

    A team may take on a bad contract when they get a positional need of a rookie contract, ie. Posey & DC coming in.

    Maybe a Briedrins and Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler traded to a team if Klay keeps playing very well. This may allow Warriors to get out of his contract.

    Briedrins and Ellis is 20 mil, this combo is highly unlikely going to the same team. Find a 4th team and offer a rookie contract and a 1st rnd pick and dump Briedrins to the 4th team.

  16. #189
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,766

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Zach Lowe
    @ZachLowe_SI Follow
    Super-intriguing longer-than-long shot: Pacers can absorb Kaman's entire salary w/o sending anything back. Could back up Hibbert...


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  18. #190
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we have to sign a minimum of $4M in salary back to NOH, what's the solution?
    I guess I missed something. Who says we have to do that?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  20. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,640

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    My take is that if Stern wants a 1st in a deal for Kaman, Bird hangs up the phone.

    New Orleans is clearly looking at a salary dump & we can take on that coin. Offer up a couple 2nd's along with Pendergraph, Amundson, Price, Jones and or Stanko.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:


  22. #192
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    I would like to see us acquire Kaman at a reasonable price but im not sure if it makes us that much better offensively. I like what Bird was trying to do in going after jamal crawford. we need a player like that who can score.

    I think Denari said we were 1 for 19 from three vs the celts, thats not going to win us many games. I like Paul George as much as the next guy, but inserting some more veteran presence into the starting lineup would be the upgrade needed. George off the bench with the second unit would be an upgrade over Kaman, esp if Foster can give us playing time in the postseason.. then bring stanko over next year if he is legit or find fosters replacement via draft or FA.

    Kaman is very intriguing, but b/u center is not this teams glaring weakness. we need offense, and if this trade is made thats pretty much all were going to be able to do the rest of the season.. unless we could turnaround and trade kaman as well.

  23. #193

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I missed something. Who says we have to do that?
    It was a quote from a Michael McNamara article GrangeRusHibbert posted (#138); key paragraph below. I haven't confirmed the idea, but it's what spurred my remark.

    Rockets and Jazz are said to be showing interest as well according to Yahoo Sports, and both teams have the type of young assets and picks that the Hornets could covet. Houston has their own pick and the Knicks pick, along with young bigs in Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet. Meanwhile, Utah is still owed picks from the Nets, and could easily get a third team involved who might be interested in Al Jefferson, as they swap him out for a more conventional center and a guy on a shorter contract. Pacers are also interesting because they are nearly eight million under the cap and won’t have to come within the 150%. Theoretically they can trade for Kaman and only put four million or so in the deal.

  24. #194
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a quote from a Michael McNamara article GrangeRusHibbert posted (#138); key paragraph below. I haven't confirmed the idea, but it's what spurred my remark.
    I am guessing it was a clear mistake. Bird and Wells have both referred to having 15 million in cap space.

    If someone was to add Posey's contract in there, then 8 is the number you'd probably come up with. Coincidence? Probably not.

  25. #195
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    We are not 8m under the cap, we are slightly more than 14m under the cap.

  26. #196
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Here's a question if Pacers do get Kaman.
    If Kaman does really well and I suspect he would.
    And if Hibbert demands a 15mil per.
    Do Pacers trade Hibbert for say Rondo and sign Kaman?
    Rondo and Kaman would prolly be 18mil vs Hibbert at 15mil.

  27. #197
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Holy crap. Talk about delusional.

    From the Hornets24/7 article comments

    Kaman to the Pacers for Granger,Hansbrough and George Hill but thats a long shot or Kaman for Collison,Hibbert and Danatay Jones

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  29. #198

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy crap. Talk about delusional.

    From the Hornets24/7 article comments



    Yeah, but we're also being delusional to suggest we can land him for Lou and a 2nd-rounder.

  30. #199
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but we're also being delusional to suggest we can land him for Lou and a 2nd-rounder.
    That's not even close. This is a team owned by the other owners and is going to be run to save money as much or more than to succeed. That helps the current owners, and makes it more profitable for the new owner to buy it, which they need to get done ASAP. Almost any other interested team has to send them back at least 10 million dollars, we don't. That's a lot of money saved. I wouldn't offer much more than that for what will probably amount to a 30 game rental, and if another team will, then good luck to them.

    Compare that to a 12-6 team gutting 3 of their top 7 rotation players for a 30 game rental who isn't even as good as their current starting center, nor under contract or even restricted so the team has some control after the season is over? That's asinine.

    .
    Last edited by xBulletproof; 01-28-2012 at 08:19 PM.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  32. #200

    Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not even close. This is a team owned by the other owners and is going to be run to save money as much or more than to succeed. That helps the current owners, and makes it more profitable for the new owner to buy it, which they need to get done ASAP. Almost any other interested team has to send them back at least 10 million dollars, we don't. That's a lot of money saved. I wouldn't offer much more than that for what will probably amount to a 30 game rental, and if another team will, then good luck to them.

    Compare that to a 12-6 team gutting 3 of their top 7 rotation players for a 30 game rental who isn't even as good as their current starting center, nor under contract or even restricted so the team has some control after the season is over? That's asinine.

    .
    I agree (very much) with most of your argument. Just to know, though, let's say Phoenix decides to trade Nash (who also is in the last year of his contract). Larry calls you and says, "Bullet, you're my negotiator on this one. Bottom line: Get Nash, even if it stings ... but figure out our minimum bid that still will be more than anyone else's bid?"

    What's your answer?

Similar Threads

  1. Kaman
    By Pacerized in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 03:26 AM
  2. Where might Chris Paul Go? One can dream right?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 10:57 AM
  3. Sprained ankle sidelines Los Angeles Clippers center Chris Kaman [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 11:20 PM
  4. Chris Lofton's Struggle with Cancer
    By themayhem87 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:05 AM
  5. Insider: Chris Kaman
    By Fool in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •