Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

If he's willing to play backup minutes behind Roy without a problem and we don't have to give up too much to get him, then absolutely.

If that is the best deal that we can get at the deadline, then I would be interested, but I am going to guess that there are going to be better fits available closer to the deadline...

Banned

By the way nobody has mentioned this but Kaman depending of the matchups could play PF next to Hibbert, it would be a huge weapon on the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand this. Why not aim even higher? It's not as if there's a big chance of this making us worse.
    I think people underestimate the delicate balance of team dynamics. If we've got the top record in the Eastern conference, why in the heck would we change the team dynamic? Why fix what ain't broke?

By adding a new player while they're winning, playing times get disrupted, a potential malcontent disrupts the locker room, etc.

My only point is that if I were in the leadership's shoes, I'd wait until the team has had a good cross sampling of opponents and games before I started looking to change the roster.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would definitely not be surprised to see Kaman brought in at the deadline so that a minimal salary is left to be paid and he would come in very handy considering our problems with the Magic....of course thats assuming Howard isnt traded to the West...in which case Kaman might become a little less attractive...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I think people underestimate the delicate balance of team dynamics. If we've got the top record in the Eastern conference, why in the heck would we change the team dynamic? Why fix what ain't broke?

By adding a new player while they're winning, playing times get disrupted, a potential malcontent disrupts the locker room, etc.

My only point is that if I were in the leadership's shoes, I'd wait until the team has had a good cross sampling of opponents and games before I started looking to change the roster.
    Yeah but in this case all you are going to be doing is replace Lou and Foster with Kaman, are they really going to be mad that Lou is not getting playing time? yeah I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    OK so I came up with this trade, let me know what you guys think

Pacers send Danny+DJ+Lou+Price to NO and they get EJ+Kaman+Jack,

Pacers starting unit: DC,EJ,PG,West,Roy

Bench unit: JJ,Hill,PG,Tyler,Kaman.
    Have I ever mentioned to you that Danny outscored Monta in the win at Golden State?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

i thought there were rumors Kaman had emotional problems? As others have posted we don't need unbalance in the locker room.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Have I ever mentioned to you that Danny outscored Monta in the win at Golden State?
    Have I ever mentioned that I hate you? ............. ..........

Have I ever metioned that Monta is the 3rd best small guard in the league behind Kobe and Dwade? not only that but he averages more assists per game? ............

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I agree with the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" approach, we aren't completely "fixed" so to speak. As we currently stand we are most likely a 4-5 seed in the playoffs. We are able to go 7-8 deep, but without a true superstar, we NEED more depth in order to compete with the likes of MIA and CHI. Adding a more than serviceable big in Kaman would only add to our team. Nobody is suggesting trading a key piece of our "core" for the guy.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    i thought there were rumors Kaman had emotional problems? As others have posted we don't need unbalance in the locker room.
    I haven't ever heard of such things. But, I don't hear everything.

However as I've been trying to say I have a deathly bad fear of disrupting our team chemistry. I know a lot of you don't like playing West or Tyler at the 5 spot but that is really only one of the ways to keep both of them getting similar min.

The moment you bring in a real backup center who is going to want 20 or so min. a game you are going to change the entire dynamic of the team. Now either Tyler will get far less time or David West will have a reduced role & in the long run one of them will be very unhappy.
    While that is true, Kaman is good enough that I am more than willing to take that chance. I am a huge believer in team chemistry, but Kaman is good enough that I am willing to disrupt the chemistry

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Have I ever metioned that Monta is the 3rd best small guard in the league behind Kobe and Dwade? not only that but he averages more assists per game? ............
    Kobe is average height for a SG 6'5 is pretty average height for the 2. He isn't small at all for his position.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Why fix what ain't broke?
    But our backup center position is broke as long as Foster can only play every third game.

Btw, I wonder how many other teams' fans are having this exact same discussion. Someone else has got to be willing to give up more than B. Stank. #StankoLoverbait

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I haven't ever heard of such things. But, I don't hear everything.
    I hear he doesn't like Jack Links Beef Jerky using his image in their advertising campaigns. Not to mention in Trader Joe's exploitative game threads.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, but a move like this reminds me a little (key word) of when a good Detroit team made a trade at the deadline that got them a CHAMPIONSHIP.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:

What's a small guard? Do you mean shooting guard? If you just mean small guard I would like to introduce you to this player in Chicago, his name is Derrick Rose.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I love that you are all like TROLLOLOLOLOLOL on this topic. Cracks me up.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Not until he plays defense.

Banned

What's a small guard? Do you mean shooting guard? If you just mean small guard I would like to introduce you to this player in Chicago, his name is Derrick Rose.
    OK shooting guard

Danny is ranked like 15th as an SF by the way

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StankoLover216 View Post
    MAKE TRADE AWAY STANKO BEING BAD DECISION! NO SENSE HAVE THINK TRADE OVER FUTURE VICTORY SUCCESS!
    Just when we thought you were gone forever.

Thanks for the belly laugh. Good times with SL.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Kobe is average height for a SG 6'5 is pretty average height for the 2. He isn't small at all for his position.
    Isn't Kobe like 6'7" or 6'6"? He's pushing small forward height at that point.

OK shooting guard

Danny is ranked like 15th as an SF by the way
    15th? I wanna see this list.

Sports Logo

I don't need a bigger sample to see that we need to upgrade Amundson/Foster/Pendegraph. I know that if there is an opportunity to improve the roster without costing the Team too much ( as in trading away any of the "Starting 7" or a 1st round pick ), then I think that you do it.

Unless Kaman was a guy that we could clearly see being a disruptive presense in the locker room or a "me-first" guy that will demand minutes or touch the ball all the time...then I can see "chemistry" issues....but as far as I know...I don't think he's that type of guy. I could be wrong...but he just seems to be the type of guy that you just insert into the lineup and he simply goes to work.

I understand the importance of team chemistry, familiarity and consistency in the lineup....but we're talking about replacing Amundson/Foster/Pendegraph here....not any of the "Starting 7". IMHO.....do what you want with anyone outside of the "Starting 7" ( except for Foster and IMHO Inferno ), as far as I am concerned.....swapping them out for another Team Player won't make a difference when it comes to Team Chemistry. As long as we add to ( not subtract from ) the primary core of the "Starting 7", than I have no problem making moves.

But realistically, I don't see Kaman coming here....I'd love to make a run for him and don't mind having him in the lineup.....but I think the cost will be too high to get him....remember....we're dealing with David "Basketball Reasons" Stern here.....not David Kahn.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-27-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    15th? I wanna see this list.
    Right now this SF's/PF's are more efficient than Danny: Lebron,Durant,Josh Smith, Melo,Gallinari, Iguadola, Ryan Anderson, Deng, Pierce, Rudy Gay, Gerald W, Al Harrington, Hedo, Marion, Jamison, Young, Butler, Ariza and Danny.

Take some of those guys out because we know they are not going to keep up with that efficiency and Danny is like top 10/15th or so.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=