Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

Guys you definitely wouldn't trade Danny for...Ryan Anderson, Marion, Hedo, Ariza, Young, Butler, Jamison, Harrington.

Guys you would maybe trade Danny for.... Igoudala, Deng, Pierce, Gerald W, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith.

Guys you would definitely trade Danny for.... Lebron and Durant.

So even if we place Danny at the end of the "maybe trade Danny for list" (which I wouldn't do), that still makes him the 9th SF in the NBA. You said he was 15th.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys you definitely wouldn't trade Danny for...Ryan Anderson, Marion, Hedo, Ariza, Young, Butler, Jamison, Harrington.

Guys you would maybe trade Danny for.... Igoudala, Deng, Pierce, Gerald W, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith.

Guys you would definitely trade Danny for.... Lebron and Durant.

So even if we place Danny at the end of the "maybe trade Danny for list" (which I wouldn't do), that still makes him the 9th SF in the NBA. You said he was 15th.
    Well right now he is lower than 15th in efficiency, if he get's back to be "the old Danny" then he is top 10 for sure.

edit: you forgot Gallinari in your list.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

But what's the old refrain around here now a days, statistics don't mean everything? Anyways, we've probably hi-jacked the thread enough at this point

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Right now this SF's/PF's are more efficient than Danny: Lebron,Durant,Josh Smith, Melo,Gallinari, Iguadola, Ryan Anderson, Deng, Pierce, Rudy Gay, Gerald W, Al Harrington, Hedo, Marion, Jamison, Young, Butler, Ariza and Danny.

Take some of those guys out because we know they are not going to keep up with that efficiency and Danny is like top 10/15th or so.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=
    You've changed your stance. You said SFs, now you list a mix of SFs and PFs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    But what's the old refrain around here now a days, statistics don't mean everything? Anyways, we've probably hi-jacked the thread enough at this point
    Yes I don't trust stats that much but efficiency is one of those stats that I can pretty much see while I'm watching a game, there are a lot of guys that put huge numbers and are not efficient, Thornton is one of those guys, he puts good numbers but he is ranked 43th, the same thing with Stuckey and many other players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You've changed your stance. You said SFs, now you list a mix of SFs and PFs.
    Yeah because a lot of those guys are playing both positions, Lebron play's PF when they go small, Ryan Arderson is the power forward in Orlando but he is pretty much an SF, the same with thing with Al, Josh Smith was also playing SF but I'm not sure where he is playing now that Horford got hurt, does anybody knows?

edit: NBA.com only shows Forwards as a total so I picked the guys that are pretty much combo SF/PF, as forwards in general West is ranked 31th while Danny is ranked 39th http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-27-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Right now this SF's/PF's are more efficient than Danny: Lebron,Durant,Josh Smith, Melo,Gallinari, Iguadola, Ryan Anderson, Deng, Pierce, Rudy Gay, Gerald W, Al Harrington, Hedo, Marion, Jamison, Young, Butler, Ariza and Danny.

Take some of those guys out because we know they are not going to keep up with that efficiency and Danny is like top 10/15th or so.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Wow, people here will just nix anything. This thread perfectly exemplifies how out of touch so many people really are. Let look at this for a second here:

- Position Player of need: Check
    - Another big: Check
    - Former All-star: Check
    - No long term affect in any way to our salary cap: Check
    - Minimal actual cost to the team owner: Check
    - Giving up little nothing in return (2nd rounder, Amundson, Stanko): Check
    - Pacers Digest Board Approval: REJECT

Uhh... what?

Yeah, sign me up. Ten fold.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to A.B.Hollywood For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Kaman is a great Center. He averaged 15.5 PPG, 10 RPG and 1.8 BPG in 27.9 MPG at the Eurobasket.

He would make our bench wonderful. Our inside scoring would be off the charts.

I'm all for getting him. I wouldn't offer more than a 2nd round pick and cash considerations though. This draft will probably be big so I'd like to keep that 1st round pick for us.

PS: NOH makes the right decision in tanking. They a quite good young core and a player like Drummond would be amazing for them. Also, it would suck for Drummond to go to the Wizards.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    However as I've been trying to say I have a deathly bad fear of disrupting our team chemistry. I know a lot of you don't like playing West or Tyler at the 5 spot but that is really only one of the ways to keep both of them getting similar min.

The moment you bring in a real backup center who is going to want 20 or so min. a game you are going to change the entire dynamic of the team. Now either Tyler will get far less time or David West will have a reduced role & in the long run one of them will be very unhappy.

Yes, I totally agree if Roy rolls an ankle we are screwed but as the team is built right now we have guys who are willing to take time off (Foster) play only when needed (Lou) and be a practice guy (Pendegraph). I'm not sure that Kaman would fit any of those and he is not that far removed from being a very good starting center in the NBA.
    Your points are very valid here. I don't want to mess with the team chemistry either. But Kaman is not a diva. I doubt that he will mess the chemistry even if his arrival means altered PT.

Also, Kaman likes to be a contender. He has shown this with they way he plays with Germany when Nowitzki is off. I don't think that he'd like be in a team that tanked. He'd be happier here.

Kaman would be a great addition to this team. We have a tough group of players, at all positions, but we are a bit undersized in the front court, particularly without Foster.

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thumbs up Re: Should we rent Chris Kaman?

Quote Originally Posted by StankoLover216 View Post
    MAKE TRADE AWAY STANKO BEING BAD DECISION! NO SENSE HAVE THINK TRADE OVER FUTURE VICTORY SUCCESS!
    For make benefit of glorious Kazakhstan! iArriba la raza!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Kaman not with team tonight w/Hornets playing host to Orlando. Coach Monty Williams tells reporters Kaman shelved so youngsters can get PT

To repeat: Sources close to situation stress that no deal for Kaman pending, but Hornets are actively looking to move center's expiring deal

Considering the money that Hill is looking for the odds that we'll keep him after this year are thin. I'd say offer Hill and a 2cd. round pick for Kaman as soon as both players are eligable to be moved which I think is March 1st. I'd much rather pay 7.5 mil to have Kaman come off the bench then I would Hill. Kaman is a starting center on almost any nba team. Hill is coming off the bench on most teams and his position is easily replaced. Centers of Kamans caliper don't grow on trees.

Well after seeing Roy Hibbert just sprain an ankle, sign me up!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

We might need to now

With Hibbert going down, If that doesn't sent a shock wave to the Pacers FO, I don't know what will. What has to happen b4 they make a move??

Banned

Well we have cap space and pieces to trade for him, are the Pacers really thinking that we can keep going without a decent backup center?

Banned

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75...-c-chris-kaman

The New Orleans Hornets are actively trying to trade center Chris Kaman, according to sources close to the process.

Although sources stressed to ESPN.com that no deal was imminent, Kaman was not with the team for its home game Friday night against Orlando while the Hornets field trade calls for him.

Kaman

The Hornets, sources said, have decided to shelve Kaman until they can find a trade home for him after making the decision to give his minutes to young players. Kaman had been made inactive for Wednesday's loss at Oklahoma City even though he's not injured.

"It's just something (where) we want to play our young guys and we certainly don't want to disrespect Chris at all," Hornets coach Monty Williams told local reporters before Friday night's game against the Magic.

"This is something we want to keep internally. It's certainly not disciplinary and he understands and I talked to him. We're going to play Jason Smith, Gustavo Ayon and Al-Farouq Aminu. It's just difficult to play that many bigs and I understand how difficult it is for (Kaman) to not get the minutes he wants."

The Hornets acquired Kaman in December as part of the blockbuster deal that sent face of the franchise Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers, but it was widely assumed around the league from the start that New Orleans would turn around and trade Kaman before the March 15 deadline, at least partly because he has an expiring contract.

Kaman, who turns 30 in April, is making roughly $14 million this season. He became the oldest player on the Hornets' roster after being dealt with guard Eric Gordon, Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick for Paul.

Capitalizing on the minutes vacated by Kaman, Ayon scored 16 points in 17 minutes against the Thunder on 8-for-10 shooting.

Banned

Demps tells ESPN that Kaman/Hornets initially discussed extending center's current contract. But team decided to "go in different direction"

Banned

Details Challenge in moving Kaman, even w/his expiring contract, is $14M salary. Hornets obviously gonna be selective on what they'll take back

Let's pull the trigger on this. Our depth is a little overrated. Hill and Hans too inconsistent right now, Dahntay doesn't have enough talent. Kaman's not a world beater, but we can at least toss it to him in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    He's paying at least some of that no matter what; there's a minimum cap that we are also below, that the difference will be spread to every player on the roster.
    Nope, Posey's salary counts against the floor. We're in the clear.

The only reason not to get Kaman would be that management thinks we can do better with our capspace.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we could land him as pretty much a salary dump, maybe. Anything more than that and I'd probably pass.

He's really not as good as some people here make him out to be (inefficient scorer and weak offensive rebounder). Taking on that massive $14M salary would be a tough pill to swallow. Taking on that salary while dishing out a 1st round pick? No thanks.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    As NBA/Hornets survey trade market for Chris Kaman, Rockets, Pacers, Jazz, Spurs are a few teams with interest, sources tell Y!

please get him

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post: