Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

Hill = 5 Mil Per to this point and not a penny more! Well maybe a penny, but that's it!

He is actually in line with alot of 4mil players across the league.
    I do think he plays good defense or at least can when he wants too. So I think that's worth an extra Mil.

We can get a much better player for 7.5mil then Hill. I like Hill but he is a very inconsistent player. Just go look at his individual game history since being in the league.

Not just inconsistent with poor shooting games, he just doesn't show up all to often.

Hill will probably never be a candidate for 6th man of the year. He shouldn't be paid like one.

He has had 7 good games, 4 descent games and 6 didn't show up.

To say he is clutch is just not accurate at all. Any one can have a moment and that's all he has had thus far.

He will very seldom be a player to be on the floor in the last 5 minutes of a game.

Has he showed signs of great play? Yes he has, just not often enough.

I would really like to see Hill play consistent and do better then 9 points, 2 reb, 1 assist.

14 points, 4 reb, 4 assist with a respectable FG % would grant a 7.5 mil contract. == Let's see this George Hill.... I would Love to see everyone happy!

Default Re: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

Last night results:

Gallanari 21/7... reason why he got a nice new contract and why Denver doesn't need to re-sign Wilson Chandler.

Fernandez 23 pts... 9-11 fg... 5-7 3pt... he reminds me of Rush in that he has a nice game every so often but has no consistancy.

Camby... 0/20... he's a rebounder!

Childress 4/2/2... only played in 6 games for the salary he gets... terrible contract. Shooting 37% fg.

Bayless 18/2/3... just getting back from injury.

Rush 7pts... 2-5 fg... 1-2 3pt... 2-2 ft... 3 reb... 2 ast

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

That kind of play tonight vs Magic is worth what he wants. Now if he can just get close to that kind of play more on a consistent basis to prove he is really worth 7.5mil. We all can be very happy!!

Keep up the good play George!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many starting PG's, not on a rookie contract, is producing the #'s Jack is at 5 mil?
    How many starting point guards play worse defense? Calderon is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I liked Jack, but it's hard to be a succsessful team when you PG plays Troy Murphy level defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our problem is going to be that there is only so much money to go around. We can't have bench players making 7.5M per year. If our current youngsters all develop positively, we just can't afford to pay everyone a hefty salary.

Danny is already getting his. Once his two years are up, who knows maybe we will want to sign West for something less than 10M per year. Hibbert will obviously get his if we want to keep him. George has a ways to go to prove that he has earned a big payday and the same holds true for Collison... but what if they get there and earn it? What will Tyler ultimately fall in the big picture? What about the impact player that will eventually be acquired through free agency?

We obviously cannot pay 6-7 players 7.5M plus each. The Pacers are going to need a lot of compromise from a few players and a whole lot of luck to continue adding good players to this team while keeping those that they already have happy.

Hill is an asset to the team, and can play 2 positions as a backup. If he keeps playing like this he'll earn a 5 mil contract. Backup combo guards usually don't get that kind of money and they're in abundance in the nba.
    Losing Hill right now would hurt the chemistry of this team but I still say if the team is certain he won't budge below the 7.5 mil, they need to package him in a move for a bigger piece to get something for him by the deadline. If the right move isn't there I guess the team could just wait until he's disappointed in free agency to see if he comes down to reality in his asking price. If it comes to that I don't think the team should offer him anything and just wait to match the partial mle offer he'll get elsewhere.

Danny was quoted not to long ago that the Pacers have about 2 years before contracts bust the Pacers up. Right now I'd say we need to keep Danny, Roy, and Paul for the long haul. The other's it depends.