Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

Default Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension

Also, I posted that as I was still listening; wow to the George Hill part. At least a little bit. Hill wanted 7.5m a year, Pacers wanted him at 6m, so they'll wait until summer to figure that out.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

Damn, no home-town discount eh? MLE type money is more than fair IMO.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

I like Hill, but for that kind of money, I'd rather just put it toward an offer for EJ instead.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds like Hill will be a one year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like Hill will be a one year rental.
    I always kind of assumed he would be. I still think he's not 100% thrilled to be here.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Roy and Falk are being smart. Roy's value has increased already this year. If he stays consistent and plays well in the postseason, his contract will be huge. Not Kevin Love level, but closer than I would have thought possible 2 months ago

With Hill, I don't know.

I'm purely speculating here, but at this point I don't think the market nets him 7.5/yr next summer. If it does, then somebody is foolishly overpaying him.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool, I think we'll get Hill for less than 6 million this summer, so I'm good with that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IMO, Hill's salary will depend fully on how he plays in the playoffs.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Cool, I think we'll get Hill for less than 6 million this summer, so I'm good with that.
    If Affalo(very similar players actually) can get 8.4 than some one will foolishly give Hill a similar deal and I hope to god we don't match. We should of just kept the draft picks this is the opposite of money ball very smart trade by the Spurs. I would of never guessed he would ask for 7.5m that is way too much. I guess the Spurs proablly talk to him about a new deal and the realized he wanted way too much so they dealt him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

If someone will give Hill a deal around 8.4, asking 7.5 isn't way too much. Lol

Hill is going to have to play much better this year to get 8+. And I don't care if he turns out to be a rental. Cap space is a reward in itself. I suspect we'll get a deal done, though.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    If someone will give Hill a deal around 8.4, asking 7.5 isn't way too much. Lol

Hill is going to have to play much better this year to get 8+. And I don't care if he turns out to be a rental. Cap space is a reward in itself. I suspect we'll get a deal done, though.
    Yes, that cap space would be very useful in extending and Hibbert and signing EJ. I'd much rather have that than Leonard.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Also, I posted that as I was still listening; wow to the George Hill part. At least a little bit. Hill wanted 7.5m a year, Pacers wanted him at 6m, so they'll wait until summer to figure that out.
    I am not a math expert but wouldnt common sense dictate you agree to 6.8M annually?
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I am not a math expert but wouldnt common sense dictate you agree to 6.8M annually?
    Under that approach Hill should just ask for $14M/year and expect to end up at $10M/year. You don't just split the difference if you feel the other party is being unreasonable. You pay what the market dictates.

Hill at $7.5M is unreasonable. He should be paid what guys like Lowry, Dudley, Lou Williams, Korver, and Reddick got, which is between $5M-$6M.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Remember the lockout? The owners and players dont bargain this way.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

No one is going to pay George that much. He is a good scorer, but he is undersized and he can't really play point as a starting point guard. So either he comes off the bench or he starts at shooting guard and is a liability on defense because of his size. Not that he is a bad defender, he is actually quite good, but he would get abused by tall guards like Paul George for instance.

I think 5MPY is the most he will get.

Guys, you can't really fault his agent for asking. There isn't a rush to get this done. It will play itself out, and I doubt he will get exactly what he is asking for.

As for Hill's play so far - He has done pretty well when you consider he is adjusting to a new team, coach and system. I look for him to keep getting better as the year goes along.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I want to keep Hill, but not at $7.5m per year.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

LOL at Hill wanting $7.5M. I don't care what he says in the media, Hill would rather play elsewhere.

Banned

7.5mil? I love Hill that's way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    LOL at Hill wanting $7.5M. I don't care what he says in the media, Hill would rather play elsewhere.
    I would tend to agree with you. Once you grow up in inner city Indianapolis, then spend a few years living the good life in San Antonio playing with NBA Legends. Why would you relish coming back here permanently? I probably wouldn't, and I generally love Indianapolis, but I've never lived outside of Central Indiana as well.

Dude wants 7.5 million extension after playing only 17 games with his new team. Either he is extremely confident, greedy, or hopes to play else where next year.
    George, you are good player, but you have been a bench player your entire career for a reason... 6 Million is a great offer.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 01-27-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Hahahaha $7.5 million!?!? Dream on, George.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think $7.5 is too high for Hill, but don't you think he has to ask for it?? This is his job, and I know I want as much money out of my job as possible, so if I am approached for retention/extension, I am asking for the moon.

Hill knew he wasn't getting 7.5, and he now knows where the Pacers feel comfortable paying him. If he has a hell of a season, he could command 7.5 or higher in RFA, chances are he won't. As long as he stays healthy, and his game remains contant, he will test the free agency pool and see just how warm it is to him. My gut tells me he'll be back in a Pacers uni next year at the cost of $5.5 - 6.5. If some other team offers him, say, 8.5 at the end of the season, good for him....You get yours.....Just depends on what's important to the person, the money, the team, or the chance at a championship....

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Mood

Jarrett Jack 2.0.

"I love playing for the Pacers. I want to come back." (But at the right price...)