Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 215

Thread: Marc Spears expects Pacers to go after Eric Gordon

  1. #1

    Default Marc Spears expects Pacers to go after Eric Gordon

    SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
    Hornets offered 4-year deal to Gordon after getting NBA clearance Tues. Expect Pacers to make run at the Indianapolis native in off-season.
    58 minutes ago

    https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

  2. #2
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
    Hornets offered 4-year deal to Gordon after getting NBA clearance Tues. Expect Pacers to make run at the Indianapolis native in off-season.
    58 minutes ago

    https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo
    I wonder what we're going to have to give up?

    Most likely it'll involve Granger.

    The one thing that worries me most about Gordon is his injuries. He seems to never stay healthy....hes a great player when healthy - but then again, so was JO
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    After the game Danny played tonighT, no.

  5. #4

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what we're going to have to give up?

    Most likely it'll involve Granger.

    The one thing that worries me most about Gordon is his injuries. He seems to never stay healthy....hes a great player when healthy - but then again, so was JO
    Most likely Granger sadly.

    I hope we can somehow keep him so we can with Granger.

    If we are giving Granger for EG, Paul George better morph into a 18+ PPG scorer at the SF position

  6. #5
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Unless we can get a no brainer i'm not interested in moving someone like Danny for him. DG's offense has improved and he's playing All-NBA level defense.

    Age is the only thing that would make it a tough choice. However the Hornets would probably want back young talent.

    I wouldn't give up Roy or PG for him, i'm not sure how we'd make it work.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    I'm pretty much over this one.

    I really like Gordon, I do. However it's so tiny in the odds that it happens, it's frustrating to see national media even talking about it.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    I dont think eric gordon makes us a better team if we have to give up danny granger to get him. I am concerned about his injuries as well

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless we can get a no brainer i'm not interested in moving someone like Danny for him. DG's offense has improved and he's playing All-NBA level defense.

    Age is the only thing that would make it a tough choice. However the Hornets would probably want back young talent.

    I wouldn't give up Roy or PG for him, i'm not sure how we'd make it work.
    Thanks god he was playing great defense today or Brewer could have got his season high..... Oh wait!!

  13. #9
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks god he was playing great defense today or Brewer could have got his season high..... Oh wait!!
    One game does not a season make, are you denying that he's been playing great defense or do I need to bring in his advanced stats, which before today showed him holding opposing SF's to a per of 6 with an eFG% of .298.

    EG is too injury prone to give up too much of value. If he were a FA, sure, but we shouldn't give up what it would take to bring him here.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One game does not a season make, are you denying that he's been playing great defense or do I need to bring in his advanced stats, which before today showed him holding opposing SF's to a per of 6 with an eFG% of .298.

    EG is too injury prone to give up too much of value. If he were a FA, sure, but we shouldn't give up what it would take to bring him here.
    Call me crazy but I would expect an "all NBA defender" to stop an scrub like Brewer, there is not excuses for that.

  16. #11
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,919

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Sometimes guys just have good nights. I certainly won't knock Danny for his defense this year because of Brewer.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    It's the NBA... Everybody can go crazy sometimes... Louis Amundson has scored 20 points TWICE.

  19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,526

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks god he was playing great defense today or Brewer could have got his season high..... Oh wait!!
    Hey did I ever get a chance to tell you that Danny Granger outscored Monta Ellis in Golden state? I can never remember if I told you that or not.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  21. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  22. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey did I ever get a chance to tell you that Danny Granger outscored Monta Ellis in Golden state? I can never remember if I told you that or not.
    Yes by one point

  23. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Age
    23
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Too injury prone, just pass and try to find someone in the draft or someone else through a trade or free agency that isn't injury prone.

  24. #16
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks god he was playing great defense today or Brewer could have got his season high..... Oh wait!!
    Brewer also played 42 minutes tonight, 5 more than Granger.

    Seriously, why do you have to hate on everything?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brewer also played 42 minutes tonight, 5 more than Granger.

    Seriously, why do you have to hate on everything?
    I'm not hating I'm just not going to look the other way and let people to tell me that he could be an "NBA all defensive team", Danny was crap on defense today and that's the true and he didn't look good on D yesterday either, he actually looked like the old Danny today, good offensive guy who forgets that he has to play D.

  27. #18
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    I'm still of the opinion that the Pacers announced they don't go after RFA's because Mel doesn't want them to, because they are not interested in going after Eric Gordon next year.

    I think the front office sees it the same way I do, or maybe I see it the way they do. Trading Granger for Gordon would be a step backwards.

    How so? Because it moves Paul to small forward. Paul is a major mismatch for most teams at shooting guard, and he clearly gives Rose problems.

    My team is on the floor!

    As for the media saying they look for the Pacers to go after Gordon if he becomes a restricted free agent, they are overlooking the Pacers owner who has the last word.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not hating I'm just not going to look the other way and let people to tell me that he could be an "NBA all defensive team", Danny was crap on defense today and that's the true and he didn't look good on D yesterday either, he actually looked like the old Danny today, good offensive guy who forgets that he has to play D.
    Did you notice that yesterday and todays first half, the entire teams defense was bad? This wasnt just a Danny thing. This was a team thing. Im not the biggest fan of our defensive help system. In the second half the team stepped up on defense and it showed. Pinning it on Granger is short sighted. Danny has played phenomenal defense this season, the best on the team. Eric Gordon doesnt come close to it. Monta Ellis doesnt come close to it. Its funny you think danny forgets he has to play D because you seem to love players who forget that.

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  31. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you notice that yesterday and todays first half, the entire teams defense was bad? This wasnt just a Danny thing. This was a team thing. Im not the biggest fan of our defensive help system. In the second half the team stepped up on defense and it showed. Pinning it on Granger is short sighted. Danny has played phenomenal defense this season, the best on the team. Eric Gordon doesnt come close to it. Monta Ellis doesnt come close to it. Its funny you think danny forgets he has to play D because you seem to love players who forget that.
    This doesn't have anything to do with EJ or Monta, the non hommer in me was actually watching the game and got to see Danny getting beat off the dribble time after time, if Danny is such an amazing defender as you think he is why isn't he able to shut an scrub like Brewer down? do we really need the whole team to stop him? Brewer? come on now!!!!

  32. #21
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This doesn't have anything to do with EJ or Monta, the non hommer in me was actually watching the game and got to see Danny getting beat off the dribble time after time, if Danny is such an amazing defender as you think he is why isn't he able to shut an scrub like Brewer down? do we really need the whole team to stop him? Brewer? come on now!!!!
    And you also saw Brewer score just 4 points in the second half too

  33. #22
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,526

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This doesn't have anything to do with EJ or Monta, the non hommer in me was actually watching the game and got to see Danny getting beat off the dribble time after time, if Danny is such an amazing defender as you think he is why isn't he able to shut an scrub like Brewer down? do we really need the whole team to stop him? Brewer? come on now!!!!
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't Brewer supposed to be a defensive whizz as well? If so then why did he let Danny Granger score 2 less points than the M.V.P.?

    Oh hey while we are on the subject did I ever tell you that not only did Danny outscore Monta Ellis in Golden state that the Pacers actually won the game while Danny scored his points on 4 less shots?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't Brewer supposed to be a defensive whizz as well? If so then why did he let Danny Granger score 2 less points than the M.V.P.?

    Oh hey while we are on the subject did I ever tell you that not only did Danny outscore Monta Ellis in Golden state that the Pacers actually won the game while Danny scored his points on 4 less shots?
    (Giggle, giggle, snort)

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    Im just not interested in bringing in an ultra injury prone guy for what it will end up costing.

    I do like Gordon. But at some point you have to truly sit down and realize if what we would have to give up is worth a guy who is hurt every other week
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Marc Spears: Pacers early favorites to land Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you also saw Brewer score just 4 points in the second half too
    And your point is? Bad defense can happen at any time during the game, do you have some kind of special "Tim Tebow stats"? Where only the 4th quarter counts? who knows? maybe if Brewer doesn't get all those points the game is not as close at the end?

    Even the Pacers commentator were talking about this same thing by saying "Danny this is not the Brewer from last year" and he kept burning Danny over and over again.

Similar Threads

  1. Eric Gordon is the Pacers' dream trade target?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
  2. ESPN: Indiana Pacers Roster Questions
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 05:51 AM
  3. Pacers roster: Full speed ahead?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
  4. STAR: Pacers reach deal with city? (link)
    By Reggie4Three in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  5. Very good article about Pacers from USA Today
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •