Thread: Just in case you were worried about Roy and his contract extension

Default Just in case you were worried about Roy and his contract extension

From Roy via Twitter:

So many guys options r being declined. Many of them were lotto picks. So happy I was able 2 develop in an organization that believed in me

I think it's fairly safe to say that both the franchise and the player knew and agreed to just take this into the off season and let the RFA market play out.

Also once again this is just a very classy act on the part of our big man.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Just in case you were worried about Roy and his contract extension

What's not to like about Roy? The Pacers hit a home run with him.

I'm sure Roy also recognizes that if he holds off on signing a new contract until the offseason, it gives the Pacers the opportunity to go out and sign a free agent or two.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

First thought that came to my mind was "Thank you Indy, there will always be a place in my heart for y'all."

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

You know, its pretty insane that the two best players on this team were had with the 17th pick. Granger and Hibbert each with the 17th pick. Larry Bird deserves some kind of credit for that, how often do you get a player that good at 17? Let alone two?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First thought that came to my mind was "Thank you Indy, there will always be a place in my heart for y'all."
    I originally thought that they had agreed to an extension right before the deadline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unless we low ball him, he should be a Pacer. I don't see why he wouldn't want to be either. There's a lot of talent here, and it's clearly a team on the rise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love that guy!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought this response to what Roy is going to command in RFA from the Odd Thoughts thread was so "on the money" that it really belongs here!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Here let me set your mind at ease.

Roy will get either the Max or close to it extension. There now you can stop worrying about it, just accept it and move on.

Let me put it to you like this. Is Roy a top 10 center in the NBA? I think everybody would agree he is. That alone will get him big money.

Is Roy a top 5 center in the NBA? This is debatable but the fact that you can debate it will cause him to get huge big money.

Is Roy a top 3 center in the NBA? Right now not a lot of people will commit to that (rightfully so) but the fact that this discussion can even be had will cause him to get giant huge big astrobucks money.

Think about it, would a top 5 player at any position in the NBA make coin? You know it.

So it's best just to accept this as a fact of life and move on. It' s now time to start worrying about Hill and how much he will get on the open market.

George can have a small period of funk, but he can't go to long because he is in a contract year himself. He can't play himself out of money either.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    You know, its pretty insane that the two best players on this team were had with the 17th pick. Granger and Hibbert each with the 17th pick. Larry Bird deserves some kind of credit for that, how often do you get a player that good at 17? Let alone two?

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post

****, your right... could have been three.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports