Thread: So what's changed for Pollard?

Default So what's changed for Pollard?

Why is he so much better this year? Has Rick tweaked the offense to sway a little bit more in his favor?

He is so energetic and seems to be all over the floor. Defensively he seems to be so much more focused.

Maybe it's opportunity I don't know but it seems that he's turning into a little monster. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So what's changed for Pollard?

Opportunity and the fact he's knows he will be getting his share of PT has helped him relax and play his game. I've been impressed with the Pacers inside play w/Pollard and Harrison. Harrison is going to be a very good player.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I think Harrison will be awesome. He's a banger and seems to move well to be so big.

I think better health is a factor.

Last year was a recovery period and he never got into the flow of things, especially on offense.

But, damn, it now looks like he has back problems again. I hope that tumble in the third quarter against the Wolves does not result in much loss of PT or effectiveness.

Sports Logo

Maybe his back healed all the way. I dont know but I could not be happier with his play right now.

I think it's just one word: Confidence.

He knows the system and everyone has put their faith in him and maybe he doesn't hear the "I wish we had Brad" stuff too much any more and he can just be himself on the court.

Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He still has all the same limitations, but he's playing much more aggressively.

I think he's told the truth...

He expected to be handed the starting spot on a silver platter last season. And he was.

But he didn't work for it - didn't hustle, and he quickly lost it. He sulked, he didn't play aggressively, and fell deep into a rotational abyss.

He's simply come back this season willing to be aggressive again.

Its not like he's magically developed a shot, or even softened up those oven mitts so he can simply catch the ball or tip it in whatever direction he wants it to go. He's just playing hard and agressive. That's not necessarily enough to earn him a regular spot when everyone gets healthy, but it is exactly what the team needs him to do when he's called into action.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He still has all the same limitations, but he's playing much more aggressively.

I think he's told the truth...

He expected to be handed the starting spot on a silver platter last season. And he was.

But he didn't work for it - didn't hustle, and he quickly lost it. He sulked, he didn't play aggressively, and fell deep into a rotational abyss.

He's simply come back this season willing to be aggressive again.

Its not like he's magically developed a shot, or even softened up those oven mitts so he can simply catch the ball or tip it in whatever direction he wants it to go. He's just playing hard and agressive. That's not necessarily enough to earn him a regular spot when everyone gets healthy, but it is exactly what the team needs him to do when he's called into action.

Very good answer!

he lost weight....looks a lot more agile than last year.... quicker pace to the game benefits him....as it makes it tougher for opposing teams to keep track of him...especially on the offensive boards.

TexasPacer

Pollard is not that much better. He still has a problem with his hands catching passes, he can't dunk the ball on an entry pass, but he is hustling and going for the rebounds which has made him look much better. Also the extra playing time gives him a chance to make a better showing. Any player who gets enough minutes can look better. I am not trying to say that he has not been a factor but he is not doing much different then he did in limited playing time last year. He is helping the team.

"but he is not doing much different then he did in limited playing time last year. He is helping the team."

Then he is doing much different from last year for the fact he is helping the team this year. Last year I don't even recall seeing flashes of good from him.