Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boozer had 5 fouls, they prob didn't want him to foul out esp if it went into ot
    Yep, that's the actual reason he was on the bench. Boozer wasn't great on D, but he wasn't terrible either. yeah, he's overpaid, but he's still a good player. Whenever we play well against him, everyone is like, Boozer sucks LOLZ, well doesn't that make it less impressive that we are playing well against him? Everyone just needs to accept that he is a pretty good player we just happen to matchup very well against.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Another game where I feel the pacers would have lost if David West wasn't on our team

6-18 FG. I was screaming at him and his outside shooting in the 4th. His shot selection left much to be desired. He was forcing shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    That's insane. Boozer shoots at a better % and rebounds at a better percentage. Really the only thing Gibson does better is block shots.
    They want Gibson because of his defense, Boozer doesn't play much at the end of games because he sucks at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The opinion around here that Gibson is better than Boozer is pretty hilarious.
    It's all about defense...and I can assure you that trying to score with Taj in the game is not hilarious compared to Boozer who is a major weakness defensively. Also, if you look at their minutes, Taj's numbers on offense are respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They want Gibson because of his defense, Boozer doesn't play much at the end of games because he sucks at it.
    That starting lineup doesn't need much more defense, and personally I think Gibson's defense is waaaay overrated, but hey whatever floats their boat. If they really think their fairly mediocre bench big man is better than their starting power forward no skin off my back as a Pacers fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    His 4th qtr execution is downright atrocious. I dont know if this is b/c of Vogel or Collison, but if I watch collison dribble the shot down while he waits to run a pick and roll where he NEVER turns the corner on, I swear I'll scream. He would be a great backup PG, but barring a sudden growth spurt, I dont think he's ever gonna be much better than what he currently is
    Yep I don't think he should play at the end of games, he has been close to cost the Pacers few games, thanks god our defense is quick enough to get back to play D.

edit: There was one play were he almost went out of bounds and he was lucky enough that West was close to erase the mistake and score on the play.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-25-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Is Taj Gibson "J.J. Hickson good"?

Yep I don't think he should play at the end of games, he has been close to cost the Pacers few games, thanks god our defense is quick enough to get back to play D.
    Are you talking about Collison right now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    Boozer had 5 fouls, they prob didn't want him to foul out esp if it went into ot
    I missed that, I still like whoever is in against Boozer.

Yep. Boozer isn't that much better defensively than Troy Murphy. That's just how bad it is...and that's why Tyler plays well against the Bulls. Boozer does get his numbers...but if you look at minutes played the difference isn't extreme. Honestly, I think the extra D Taj gives the team is hard to put into numbers and they can really crank it up...making it very difficult to score at all.

OK, ESPN continued to diss us by not giving us any credit really. It was "Bulls this, Bulls that, D. Rose is great, and by the way the Pacers won..."

Sad!

And the local news is covering the Colts coaching hire over the Pacers as the lead story.
    Last edited by joeyd; 01-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Brewer abused him on the other end of the floor.
    Absolutely true, at least in the first half.

I'm hoping that he can put his good offense together with his good defense going forward.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    i loved that block he had in the fourth, can't remember whose shot it was but it was just like GET THAT **** OUT OF HERE YOU'RE NOT STRONG ENOUGH

His dunk was magnificient!!

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    way to get the joke

also, someones opinion of how good the team is does not affect how much of a fan they are. you would understand that if you were not 15.

we are inconsistent. this win doesnt change that opinion.
    I don't know if you're trying to be funny or what with all this negativity, but at 12-5, I wouldn't say we're inconsistent.

This season hasn't been a roller coaster ride. I don't know what you're talking about or how you see it.

We've done very well this year and we're contending.

You can't win everything you know, but this was a big win that feels great.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I have stopped watching anything ESPN related years ago... They aren't a sports outlet, they're a media outlet. Idk why anyone who actually watches the NBA for basketball and not for stars would watch ESPN highlights.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    Watching the Bulls Postgame, Thibodeau claims he didn't feel we played physical at all. He also stated that the Pacers are a much better team than last year, as well as PG is going to have a long career in the NBA....I am somewhat surprised that there were no excuses or scapegoats.....just acknowledging that we are a solid team with a good core;;;;
    Thibodeau is a good dude. He doesn't make excuses or accept them as far as I can tell, and he often gives credit where it's due.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    OK, ESPN continued to diss us by not giving us any credit really. It was "Bulls this, Bulls that, D. Rose is great, and by the way the Pacers won..."

Sad!

And the local news is covering the Colts coaching hire over the Pacers as the lead story.
    Yeah not to mention "Legler's Lead" had us as the 3rd story of the night in the NBA behind the likes of NY-Cleveland. Watching that highlight reel if you had the sound turned down and the score covered you really would've thought the Bulls had won.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Great team win on the road in a tough environment. A couple complaints and kudos I observed:

Tyler needs some new moves down low. It's always that stroll across the lane half hook that he's putting up. I know it's coming and other teams have figured him out too because he's getting it blocked frequently now.

Love the George Hill addition but he needs to learn to pass on fast breaks. Many times this season I have seen him take the ball himself and miss a contested layup when he had one or two guys running the floor with him. Happened again tonight.

D West is getting us W's in a lot of games that would have been L's last year. Very nice pickup.

Roy Hibbert is leaps and bounds above last year. I know he worked on his game hard but it's almost like he visited a psychologist as well. LOL Kudos big fella!
    Last edited by presto123; 01-25-2012 at 11:33 PM.

The way the economy works, it just makes more financial sense to cover Bulls-Pacers from a Chicago-heavy perspective. The reason ESPN Chicago exists and ESPN Indianapolis does not has little to do with the success of the teams but with the size of the markets.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post

Sad!

Locally, you can understand the Colts coaching hire because that's pretty big news, but they've talked about us much more this year.

The radio shows have talked about us, more people are calling in. There's a lot more praise.

The spotlight is shining equally on both teams which is great for Indy. However, we're the better team and strong contenders.

Banned

By the way 20,8 4blocks and 1stl for Roy Hibbert today.

Hawks and 6ers lost tonight.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I'm often impressed with DC's defense. He is very slight of frame and not incredibly tall or long, but he uses the one strength he has - speed - quite well. If you re-watch this game, as I'm sure a few of you will, I think you'll find that Darren was all hustle on D. Obviously, not without lapses, but very, very solid. He always gets up for Derrick Rose.
    He looked like a deer in headlines on meth on some of the late offensive possessions tonight.

But there is no doubt that his defense is significantly improved this year and his offense has improved a little too, overall. I appreciate the work he must have put in to make those things happen and have some hope that he can continue to get better in the years to come. He's still so young.
    Last edited by gummy; 01-25-2012 at 11:44 PM.

I wouldn't take ESPN and what they have to say into consideration.

They honestly don't know much about the NBA up to date.

NBA TV is for NBA fans and they know it well.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yep, NBA.com's highlights are of "Brewer finishes on a break" and "Rose rejects George."

If it wasn't for the Pacers I'd hate the NBA.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post: