Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockets Not Exercising Option on Hasheem Thabeet, Jonny Flynn, and Terrence Williams

Default Re: Rockets Not Exercising Option on Hasheem Thabeet, Jonny Flynn, and Terrence Williams

I honestly think you guys are down playing these guys' talent a lot.

To say you wouldn't have Hill instead of Amudson; or TWill instead of Jones; or Flynn instead of Price....I would honestly be baffled.

I'm not saying these guys will be great players, but they definitely can put in mins off the bench
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Rockets Not Exercising Option on Hasheem Thabeet, Jonny Flynn, and Terrence Williams

I might be interested in Hill, but that's about it and he's the one I know least about, so that could change with more information.

Flynn: You, what, hope he can be Darren Collison? Not needed.
    Thabeet: Total bust from what I've seen; I recall reading he doesn't even like basketball and is underskilled. Pass.
    Williams: Love the talent, hate the attitude. My understanding is the dude is a total cancer and that's why the Nets punted so quickly on him. PASS.
    Hill: Again, he might be worth a look. Athletic and young, and I thought he was supposed to have some skill, and I don't recall hearing anything bad about his attitude, so maybe he could be salvageable in a new environment. Worth taking a look, I suppose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For the right price, I'd be interested in all but Thabeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Hill: Again, he might be worth a look. Athletic and young, and I thought he was supposed to have some skill, and I don't recall hearing anything bad about his attitude, so maybe he could be salvageable in a new environment. Worth taking a look, I suppose.

Hill and D'An in NY had an issue. I don't recall if it was attitude, or he was lazy. For whatever the reason, he didn't fit in and was traded.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

I haven't seen, but did Houston exercise their option on Hill yesterday? He kinda reminded me of Minnie's Randolph.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to mention a 2nd overall pick (Thabeet)...
    The second and sixth pick not having there options picked up. And we were told last years draft was weak!

It's weird, part of me says "thabeet is so huge, he's gotta be pretty decent" yet, apparently he has failed.
    I think that even though I haven't even shot a ball in years, if I had his size, I could immediately become a decent bench player. Being that big in a game that favors height and still suck is a mystery.

He might work as a weak 3rd stringer for the minimum but, I would use him mostly as practice for roy to shoot over.that is probably the most use he has in him.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nope Jordan Hill will be a free agent.

I would love for us to take a chance on Thabeet, maybe even this year. I'd give a second round pick for him in a heartbeat. He has all the potential but no team has ever really seemed to believe in him. He and Roy could be like the twin towers if he could learn from Roy and develop his work ethic and train with him. That could be deadly having them both.

We need to give the Rockets a call for sure. Back-up center is looking thin and I would like to see Thabeet surrounded by our team's strong basketball culture that has arisen seemingly from the ashes.