Thread: ORL

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default ORL

This trade is pretty simple. The Magic won't extend Orton after this year. I don't know if this kid is a prima donna or what, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to decline his option unless he will be salary filler in a bigger deal. I think the kid has good potential and he had a very intriguing body for a one and done kid.

ORL gets:

Indiana 2012 2nd Round Pick (and LT space)

IND gets:

Daniel Orton

This gives us a young center prospect that we could give time behind Roy just to see what he is. Give him some minutes and see what he can do. The Magic haven't played this kid since they drafted him, so I don't know what the situation is, but I think it is worth the value of giving them cap space for a potential center. Especially if you can put him with Hibbert and let him learn a little bit more. Maybe he isn't coachable, maybe Stan Van Gundy is a douchy coach that wouldn't consider playing young guys. I don't know.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ORL

Part of his never playing ever is because of injury and the fact that he came out of college WAY too early. He'd definitely be a project.

That said, I don't hate this trade. In fact, I kind of like it. Low risk, potentially high reward.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 01-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitely low risk with possible high reward. I like it.