Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

  1. #1
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    I am planning a trip to Indy the weekend of the Super Bowl (check out the Super Bowl village and attend the Pacers vs. Magic game). I am going to stay at my sisters house in Greenwood and am just looking for some advice as to the best way to get downtown and back to my sisters.

    I assume I am not the only one concerned how to get around town, and to the game that night, so I figured this thread would be of value.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    take a cab... thats way I'm doing

  3. #3

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    http://www.indianapolissuperbowl.com...-alternatives/

    Good options with the Park & Ride.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Make a stop in Greenfield if you can, and eat at Mozzi's All Star Pizza Buffet. They have the best pizza in all of central Indiana, and they have like 50 different autographed jerseys/basketballs of famous basketball players.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. #5

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make a stop in Greenfield if you can, and eat at Mozzi's All Star Pizza Buffet. They have the best pizza in all of central Indiana,
    Blasphemy! We've been over this before: Union Jacks in BR!

  7. #6
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blasphemy! We've been over this before: Union Jacks in BR!
    Have you been to both?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. #7

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you been to both?
    No, I'm just being feisty. Actually, I want to thank you because I have not yet been there. Looking forward to it!

  9. #8
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make a stop in Greenfield if you can, and eat at Mozzi's All Star Pizza Buffet. They have the best pizza in all of central Indiana, and they have like 50 different autographed jerseys/basketballs of famous basketball players.
    I might just check it out.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make a stop in Greenfield if you can, and eat at Mozzi's All Star Pizza Buffet. They have the best pizza in all of central Indiana, and they have like 50 different autographed jerseys/basketballs of famous basketball players.
    ughh I really dont like Mozzi's partly the food(pizza was ok but pizza needs to be great lol).

    But the other part we played in greenfield the night of the brawl and after the game we watched the Pacer game there and saw the brawl there so it kind of is a sourer place for me.


    I'll take Jockmos and a lot of others over Mozzi's

  11. #10
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    I reserved a parking spot in the Virginia Avenue garage on that night for $12. I know, I'm insane for even considering driving to the game, but being sensible just isn't me!

    For anyone else with a screw loose considering driving to the game, here's the link I used: http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/indianapol...00&event=49273
    Last edited by Sandman21; 01-24-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  13. #11
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reserved a parking spot in the Virginia Avenue garage on that night for $12. I know, I'm insane for even considering driving to the game, but being sensible just isn't me!

    For anyone else with a screw loose considering driving to the game, here's the link I used: http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/indianapol...00&event=49273
    I endorse this idea!!! That $12 will get you into the VIP lot that is on the first floor of the Virginia Ave garage. The entry is actually on Virginia Av. (Street that runs THROUGH the garage). Normally, this lot is $15 but when you get it online it is $12. Best thing about this lot, it dumps you right out onto Virginia Ave. No long waits getting out like everyone else on the upper floors of the garage.

    As for traffic, I'd suggest staying on the freeways and getting as close as you can before hitting the downtown streets.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Parking the Saturday before the Super Bowl

    For those coming via 70 Fletcher ave is golden to get into downtown with no fuss. Just FYI...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Super Bowl Sunday is also National Anti-Porn Sunday
    By Basketball Fan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
  2. Jay's official Super Bowl preview thread
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM
  3. Indianapolis awarded 2012 Super Bowl
    By duke dynamite in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:13 AM
  4. Bill Simmons-Page 2-'Free fallin' out into nothing'
    By Will Galen in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 08:09 AM
  5. Why the Colts can reach the Super Bowl
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •