Thread: Where do you get your tickets??

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Where do you get your tickets??

I have been looking to pick up some tickets to random games, and I was interested in finding out the best places to get them. My mother-in-law used to get discounted tickets to many of the games through a Pacers Group Offer, but apparently they haven't gotten any emails this year, so I am stuck having to search for the best deal....I know that ebay, stubhub and some other places sell them, but I thought some of you might have some better places to find good tickets. If you know of any place that has good prices for decent seats, let me know. Thanks

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Where do you get your tickets??

StubHub
    I Bleed Blue

Pacers TicketExchange. Lower fees than Stubhub, I think.

stubhub or ticketmaster

TicketsNow and StubHub, get the best value in the lower level then go to the game and use them to upgrade to courtside as long as it's not a marquee opponent.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My buddy Roy. He's awesome.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TicketsNow and StubHub, get the best value in the lower level then go to the game and use them to upgrade to courtside as long as it's not a marquee opponent.
    TicketsNow is great.

Got 2nd row courtside for $100 a piece. It was a Sixers game, but still, good price.

Mood

And just where/how do you upgrade your tickets?? Get in line for the ticket booth and ask what's available??

Mood

From the opposite angle, where is the best place to sell tickets? As a first time season ticket holder, I have little experience. We're going to all the games we can, but have occasional conflicts that we can't resolve. So, I've tried Pacers Ticket exchange, but wonder if stubhub might not be better....

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    And just where/how do you upgrade your tickets?? Get in line for the ticket booth and ask what's available??
    Scalpers. I should have specified. I get there 40 min or so prior to the game and spend about 10-15 min just seeing who's got what. If it's a big game, then what I described isn't as effective. But last year, for instance, I used this method and ended up in sec 17/row 2 for $65 or $70 per ticket. It's a good way to make sure you get a decent price because unless the game is against a marquee opponent, you'll have the upper hand because you already have tickets and they want to at least get some cash out of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    From the opposite angle, where is the best place to sell tickets? As a first time season ticket holder, I have little experience. We're going to all the games we can, but have occasional conflicts that we can't resolve. So, I've tried Pacers Ticket exchange, but wonder if stubhub might not be better....
    I've only sold tickets twice and it's been through StubHub, I think the important part is to price them fairly. If you put them on there at face value and everyone else is below market, you'll never get rid of them. See what the average price is in your section/row then undercut that by a few bucks. I just see what the average price in that level is then undercut it by $3.

Alternatively, shoot me a PM and if I don't already have tickets I'll be more than happy to make you a fair offer.

EDIT: Craigslist is another great site for buying because you can actually haggle and sometimes you find a deal. From the selling tickets angle, I'd say post an ad and leave the StubHub price at what you actually want. Then if no one bites on CL, lower the StubHub price so you can sell them quick. You'll sell them for a bit less on Craigslist but since there's no fees i'ts not as bad of a trade-off.
    Last edited by smj887; 01-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.

billbradley

Scalpers. I should have specified. I get there 40 min or so prior to the game and spend about 10-15 min just seeing who's got what. If it's a big game, then what I described isn't as effective. But last year, for instance, I used this method and ended up in sec 17/row 2 for $65 or $70 per ticket. It's a good way to make sure you get a decent price because unless the game is against a marquee opponent, you'll have the upper hand because you already have tickets and they want to at least get some cash out of theirs.
    I get there 5 minutes before 7 PM and basically hold the money out and tell them the game is about to start, you gonna eat those tickets?

I usually spend $30 total for two lowers. Scalpers don't like it, but the reality is they don't get rid of all their tickets, the fans just aren't there yet.

The only downside is sometimes I miss the first minute of the game, but small price to pay to see every game so cheap.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    I get there 5 minutes before 7 PM and basically hold the money out and tell them the game is about to start, you gonna eat those tickets?

I usually spend $30 total for two lowers. Scalpers don't like it, but the reality is they don't get rid of all their tickets, the fans just aren't there yet.

The only downside is sometimes I miss the first minute of the game, but small price to pay to see every game so cheap.
    I've thought about that before, but I drive over an hour to get to the games and I'm a little picky about where I sit. I've always figured that the day I try that is the day that a Pacers vs. T'Wolves game figures out a way to sell out.