Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

Mood

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Road Warriors

There's nothing wrong with a fan being a homer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duh. I was going off what he said in his post.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Duh. I was going off what he said in his post.
    I understand; I wasn't specifically saying it to you.

Sports Logo

Still, sometimes you get the feeling that it's a crime in this board.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

I understand; I wasn't specifically saying it to you.
    Alrighty.

I was at the game last night, and before the game I asked George Hill if they were going to steal one tonight. He replied, "Steal?" I knew it was over after that.
    Here we come lottery?

9. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    So obviously O'Brien should be getting a ton of credit because clearly he had the defense trending up. Green

It's easier to maintain intensity and play defense both mentally and physically when the offense isn't so rushed it's causing easy baskets in transition for the other team.
    Well, in fairness, we still take plenty of shots early in the clock, and that's pretty clearly by design.

Also in fairness, there's a pace of game difference between Obie and Vogel, so it's not totally apples to apples.

But still.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I was at the game last night, and before the game I asked George Hill if they were going to steal one tonight. He replied, "Steal?" I knew it was over after that.
    Oh, that's awesome.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Still, sometimes you get the feeling that it's a crime in this board.
    Unofficially, it really is around here.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Well, in fairness, we still take plenty of shots early in the clock, and that's pretty clearly by design.

Also in fairness, there's a pace of game difference between Obie and Vogel, so it's not totally apples to apples.

But still.
    Last year our pace was 6th in the league. The year before that it was 2nd in the league. This season it's a 3-way tie for 16th. It's not the same.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...ctor/year/2011

I just got one thing to say....to my fans at home....Yo, Indiana..WE DID IT!!!!!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My only issue with homerism is when it manifests itself in bashing other teams star players. Like when the Collison > Westbrook thing happens. I mean it's fine to say you LIKE Collison better, but to say he's a better player just isn't true. I mean I liked Reggie Miller better than Jordan, but it didn't make me blind to the fact that Jordan is the GOAT.

That's all. Hell listen to Frank Vogel talk, he's a homer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Last year our pace was 6th in the league. The year before that it was 2nd in the league. This season it's a 3-way tie for 16th. It's not the same.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...ctor/year/2011
    So... you're agreeing with me, right?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    My only issue with homerism is when it manifests itself in bashing other teams star players. Like when the Collison > Westbrook thing happens. I mean it's fine to say you LIKE Collison better, but to say he's a better player just isn't true. I mean I liked Reggie Miller better than Jordan, but it didn't make me blind to the fact that Jordan is the GOAT.
    Agreed. I do like Collison better than Westbrook though

Got something for ya, Peck:

A picture is truely worth 1,000 words.

I never have to speak against O'Brien again, if I don't want to (but I want to)

All I have to do is post this photo and it say's it all. I get what some of you are saying about pace of the game, well duh..... But that was his choice as well. So no I won't give him a break on that because that was always the problem. For a man who kept saying Defense Defense Defense he had no problem playing Troy "Saloon Door" Murphy 36-40 min. a game. He would leave Dunleavy on the floor instead of using Rush. Hell he played Murphy at center. He had Danny worry more about getting up quick shots and took what was one of the best defenders at the three and turned him into an also ran defender at the three.

Oops sorry bad habbit, I just really have a very hard time controlling myself when it comes to him.

I'll just say thank you anthem for the photo and thank you Frank Vogel for actually practicing what you preach.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Dude I can't even begin to tell you how awsome this quote is. Please tell me he also gave you an indignant look and walked away.

God I love our team.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post

That's all. Hell listen to Frank Vogel talk, he's a homer.
    Wait... your saying you think Jordan was better than Reggie? Some Pacers fan you are.

Next your gonna tell me Shaq is better than Jeff Foster...

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

BTW: A lot has been said about Roy, and he was outstanding.

But I thought PG played his best overall game we've seen so far from him. And he did it against his idol. Wasn't someone questioning his competitiveness before? He really has the potential to be..so good.

Points given up per game doesn't tell me how good a team's defense is. The stat I look at is defense FG %. and the pacers are first in the NBA at .410.

Peck, you really need to just let the dead horse lie there, he is dead, you don't need to keep killing him. He's been gone almost a year to the day. Maybe get it all out of your system over the next couple of days and then just leave him be.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Peck, I have been re-watching the game. The early first quarter late whistle against Hibbert while defending Barnes was just pure garbage.

What has been the deal with the refs this year and these late whistles? They seem to be very (consistently) inconsistent with these late calls.

Barnes was given (yes, they were gifts) two of them before we hit the 7 minute mark.

Probably two subsuquent plays later Bynum had Roy completely bent over while posting up on offense. He got away with it. This was actually the last offensive possession before Kobe got him in the nose.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Mood

So... you're agreeing with me, right?
    Well, you kind of talk out of both sides of your mouth on that post, so... I'll leave it up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Peck, I have been re-watching the game. The early first quarter late whistle against Hibbert while defending Barnes was just pure garbage.

What has been the deal with the refs this year and these late whistles? They seem to be very (consistently) inconsistent with these late calls.

Barnes was given (yes, they were gifts) two of them before we hit the 7 minute mark.

Probably two subsuquent plays later Bynum had Roy completely bent over while posting up on offense. He got away with it. This was actually the last offensive possession before Kobe got him in the nose.
    I know exactly the play you are talking about and I was saying words that would make the devil blush when that occured. In retrospect I sounded like Shade used to about anytime we played the Lakers because I was convinced at that moment the refs. were wearing Purple & Gold underwear.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know exactly the play you are talking about and I was saying words that would make the devil blush when that occured. In retrospect I sounded like Shade used to about anytime we played the Lakers because I was convinced at that moment the refs. were wearing Purple & Gold underwear.
    I mean without saying anything that is against the rules of the board, but that was borderline rape.

I don't understand why they can instantly review a play in their heads but when this happens right in front of an official it goes unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Points given up per game doesn't tell me how good a team's defense is. The stat I look at is defense FG %. and the pacers are first in the NBA at .410.

Peck, you really need to just let the dead horse lie there, he is dead, you don't need to keep killing him. He's been gone almost a year to the day. Maybe get it all out of your system over the next couple of days and then just leave him be.
    I had no idea we were # 1, I knew we were top 10 probably even top 5 but # 1? I believe the phrase "that's good @ss defense" would be appropriate here.

As to Satan, yes I know. In fact I may usher forth a P.D. holiday on the anniversary of his firing and declare it to be V.O. day (Victory O'Brien).

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post: