Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 221

Thread: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

  1. #101
    Member bshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Huntington
    Age
    20
    Posts
    77

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    If Roy was on the Lakers he'd be thought of just as highly as Bynum is now.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bshall For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    I'm not one to criticize the officials, but tonight Roy Hibbert went 9/13 from the field and only scored 18 points. Which yes as all of you who can do math can guess, means he didn't make a free throw, but worse yet, he didn't even get to ATTEMPT a free throw. Now like I said, I'm usually not going to criticize the officials but its pretty hard for me to imagine a 7'2" center scoring in the post who doesn't get fouled at least once or twice when attempting 13 shots...that's a pretty tough pill for me to swallow.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-23-2012 at 12:54 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #103
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the league pass highlights were all Lakers besides the West 3. Oh well.



    No actually, you mean Shaw and Danny? Not Kobe and Danny?
    No, kobe and danny. They werent standing next to each other, but both were behind the 3 point line on opposite sites, i could see danny yapping at someone and when the camera zoomed out i saw it was Kobe.

  6. #104
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread



    Smashmouth.

  7. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  8. #105
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy Hibbert was a man tonight. Andrew Bynum is a handful, but guess what? So is Roy. Out of the 3 great bigs on the court tonight, Roy's performance meant the most to his team. He is showing such tremendous patience this year. He looks so calm. Almost everything he does is decisive, and with great purpose. He made a tremendous pass to Collison for a three tonight that was as good as you'll see from a Center. You can tell he has made it over that mental hump.
    That was a good pass, no doubt, but I liked his back-and-forth with Collison for the short teardrop even better.

    Collison is developing serious chemistry with our bigs. It's fantastic.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  10. #106
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not one to criticize the officials, but tonight Roy Hibbert went 9/13 from the field and only scored 18 points. Which yes as all of you who can go math can guess, means he didn't make a free throw, but worse yet, he didn't even get to ATTEMPT a free throw. Now like I said, I'm usually not going to criticize the officials but its pretty hard for me to imagine a 7'2" center scoring in the post who doesn't get fouled at least once or twice when attempting 13 shots...that's a pretty tough pill for me to swallow.
    Especially a guy who got his nose broken.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #107
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love seeing West getting more and more comfortable with each game.
    See, I thought he was forcing things all game.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #108
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not one to criticize the officials, but tonight Roy Hibbert went 9/13 from the field and only scored 18 points. Which yes as all of you who can do math can guess, means he didn't make a free throw, but worse yet, he didn't even get to ATTEMPT a free throw. Now like I said, I'm usually not going to criticize the officials but its pretty hard for me to imagine a 7'2" center scoring in the post who doesn't get fouled at least once or twice when attempting 13 shots...that's a pretty tough pill for me to swallow.
    33 Lakers FTA to 19 Pacers FTA. Somehow not shocking...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  14. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not one to criticize the officials, but tonight Roy Hibbert went 9/13 from the field and only scored 18 points. Which yes as all of you who can go math can guess, means he didn't make a free throw, but worse yet, he didn't even get to ATTEMPT a free throw. Now like I said, I'm usually not going to criticize the officials but its pretty hard for me to imagine a 7'2" center scoring in the post who doesn't get fouled at least once or twice when attempting 13 shots...that's a pretty tough pill for me to swallow.
    Check out the last two games Roy and Tyler have combined to played 1 hour and 44 minutes and 48 seconds and have taken 2 FT attempts. Tonight Roy, Tyler, Lou and West played 95+ in the post without shooting a FT.

  15. #110
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Lakers, desperate for a win, have the Pacers by the necks after the first quarter...young all-star level center for the Pacers on the bench with a broken nose and not returning til 5 minutes left in the second quarter and yet...the Lakers and the greatest killer in the NBA (Kobe) could not land the knock out punch.

    Hmmm...don't tell me this team didn't learn something from the Heat blowout and the Kings disaster.

    No doubt in my mind, that Kobe and the Lakers would have iced most teams by half time after that first quarter.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #111
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    I think DC is finding his role with the team.
    Glad to see DWest getting his legs back.
    Love Roy's hook shot and much quicker moves to the basket.
    I'm really happy with Hill's play with the team and him finding his stroke.
    Paul seemed much more focused tonight.
    I actually like DJones's play the last few games. He is trying to control himself and is playing with the team, had 2-4 FG, 1-1 3PT, 4-4 FT, 9P, 5R, 1Ast in 13 minutes. Can't ask for more then that from a bench guy.
    Not sure what is going on with Hans? He did well on Reb with 7 but went 0-5 FG.

    I think we need a tall back up center by trade deadline for the playoffs. I love Jeff, but he is missing more games then I expected to this point.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  19. #112
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Listening to the post game on the radio, so awesome that that caller got tickets and is taking his son.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  21. #113
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    So, I kind of like Collison moving forward for this team. I think you can win a championship with him as your point guard. It helps to have Hill for all of the bigger point guards, of course.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  23. #114
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,237

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I also want to give some props to DC. He might not be putting up numbers anywhere close to what he did in NO during his rookie season. But he has made a lot of strides in the little areas of his game. His decision making is still shaky at times, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of last year. And his defense is so much better now. He is pretty solid defensively so far this year.
    I thought DC played a solid PG game tonight. He's making a real effort to be a facilitator and made some nice passes tonight on his way to 7 assists. That TO on the last possession was bad but he made up for it by icing those last 2 free throws. I think he's starting to come along.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  24. #115
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I kind of like Collison moving forward for this team. I think you can win a championship with him as your point guard. It helps to have Hill for all of the bigger point guards, of course.
    I think you're right.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #116
    Member GizzyStardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speak for yourself. Teams when games, STARS win championships. I'd trade almost anyone on our roster for a bonafide superstar
    Correction: teams with stars win championships.

  26. #117
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,876
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, I thought he was forcing things all game.
    Definitely in the second half.


    I vote that, if Roy ends up needing protective gear even in practice, Tyler goes back to the goggles and Danny sports the most obnoxious mouthguard ever.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  28. #118
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually like DJones's play the last few games. He is trying to control himself and is playing with the team, had 2-4 FG, 1-1 3PT, 4-4 FT, 9P, 5R, 1Ast in 13 minutes. Can't ask for more then that from a bench guy.
    Agreed, Jones has settled in nicely.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  30. #119
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    I hate to break it to some of ya's, but right now, Roy Hibbert is playing like a star. His efficiency is off the freaking charts.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #120
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Kareem Rush sang the national anthem tonight.

  33. #121
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Tweet from Roy:

    @Hoya2aPacer: That's one big ole nose. What y'all think?

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  35. #122
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,237

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Not only were all 5 starters in double figures tonight, but all 5 of our starters are averaging double figures on the season. Is that sort of thing uncommon? I love our balance.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  36. #123

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    I just read some of the comments on that ESPN Rapid Reaction article...what a joke.

    Lakers fans are all going into freakout mode about who to get: Dwight or Deron. I really hope they don't get either. Especially when some of them are proclaiming they will still support the Lakers even now...when they are a measly 10-8.

    Come freakin' on. We would have killed for that record at the beginning of last year or any time in the past 5 years. Maybe if they could win a game on the road they wouldn't have such a "terrible" record this season.

    Everyone already knows this, but most Lakers fans are a bunch of whining POS fake fans.

    /End rant

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:


  38. #124
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,876
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Our second unit needs to focus on getting to the free throw line. Tyler, DJ, Hill, even Lance if he can try getting things going towards the basket. They should really be putting a lot of pressure on opposing second unit defenses in that way.

    I do want to mention, as I have been a mild critic of him this year, that Vogel coached a great game today. From doubling on Kobe to keeping PG on him to calling timeouts at the right time to stressing getting the ball to Roy continually in the post, he seemed to make all the right moves and keep our guys motivated to stay in the game. Especially when it looked bad early on with the foul issues and later when the Laker bench almost moved it up to a 10 point lead.

  39. #125
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to break it to some of ya's, but right now, Roy Hibbert is playing like a star. His efficiency is off the freaking charts.
    You think this is news to anyone on this board?

    Other than Danny's shooting, I'm happy with every Pacer starter right now. And I'm forgiving the shooting because he's doing everything else so well and he's not taking stupid shots.

    As far as backups, Hill has been great. Lance continues to avoid embarrassing himself. Inferno's settled down and figured out his role in the offense. Tyler's been off, but he was playing well up until the eye injury. Lou... Well, yeah. Nuff said.

    If Foster's healthy, it's hard to improve this team other than letting them continue to develop. Since Foster's not healthy, another backup 5 would be nice. Or Pendergraph could move up in the depth chart.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •