Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was some gorgeous basketball going on late in that game on both sides. Very impressed the Pacers came out on top.
    No doubt. The Lakers didn't give this away, we went into their house and took it. Fantastic win.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is just flat out tough. From Danny's broken teeth, to DC coming back in the playoffs on that ankle last year, to Roy tonight, and heck even the quiet toughness of D. West not wearing a knee brace. Some might call that stupid or dangerous (my doctor would be one of them), but that says a lot about David's mentality.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Kobe had a friendly exchange with Brian Shaw after the game, you wonder if he wishes he was the coach in LA.

All I can say is HELL YEAH!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Ok, let's talk about Roy's nose. Any chance he's worse off for playing with that nose? Seemed like he kept getting hit in it.
    He definitely got whacked a few more times. But as long as he doesn't have a deviated septum it should be fine. He'll probably wear a mask, which hopefully won't throw him off his game for too long.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Kobe had a friendly exchange with Brian Shaw after the game, you wonder if he wishes he was the coach in LA.
    Did you notice him and danny jawing at each other during DCs free throws at the end?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Awesome, awesome win. All I can say is I love Roy and I love Indiana Pacers basketball.

Man, the March/April schedule is looking awfully sexy right now if we can keep playing like this for the next couple weeks.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    HAHA. well played.

Also, the Lakers announcers were amazing.
    I was thinking the same thing of how knowledgable their announcer were.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreyCounce For This Useful Post:

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Roy Hibbert is a franchise player and Danny Granger is one tough son of a *****. Proud to be a Pacers fan. B&G is back.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:

Banned

West and Big Roy took turns going into Beast Mode. Roy went 1-for-4 in the first but West went 7-of-10 with a big 3 ball, and in the second West went 0-of-5 but Roy went off for 8-of-9 shooting.

You can tell we are strong when Granger goes 4-for-14 and one of our top two bench scorers doesn't even score. Tyler played some impressive D on the much bigger Gasol and Bynum to even my surprise, George Hill has officially found his shot now he needs to help Tyler and Danny search for theirs. Once D Jones got in with Tyler and Hill the second unit looked strong even with a 9-0 bad run over their final 4 of the night but those 3 only got 1 shot or the same amount as Lou during that run and it was by Jones.

Mood

On NBA.com the headline is "David West helps Pacers beat Lakers..." And then 4 highlights below that. What are the highlights, you might ask?

McBob swats Granger | World Peace scores | Gasol blocks West | Pau finds World Peace

Of course West helped, but he wasn't the player of the game. And then all 4 highlights are pro-Lakers. hahaha. **** it, I don't even care. We won.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty sure Bird is gonna pick up a another back up center at the trade deadline.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

"They told me not to go back out there and play, I said 'I've got to go back out here, we've got to get this win, this game's important. If it gets hit again, it gets messed up, whatever.' I just wanted to get out there and get this win." - Hibbert

"We're only getting better. We have leadership and we have young legs. The Lakers are a great team but tonight was just our night. We wanted to come back and make sure we solidified that we are a good team." - Hibbert

"Good teams find a way to win. How do we respond from a game we shouldn't have lost, that we gave up (Wednesday in Sacramento)? I think our guys showed great toughness, mental toughness, tonight and we're looking forward. We've got to forget about the win tonight and focus on the game Tuesday." -- Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No doubt. The Lakers didn't give this away, we went into their house and took it. Fantastic win.
    Well, we all suspected it. ESPN posted their Rapid Reaction to the game, and they are pitching the story with a "what's wrong with the Lakers" slant. Pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    On NBA.com the headline is "David West helps Pacers beat Lakers..." And then 4 highlights below that. What are the highlights, you might ask?

McBob swats Granger | World Peace scores | Gasol blocks West | Pau finds World Peace

Of course West helped, but he wasn't the player of the game. And then all 4 highlights are pro-Lakers. hahaha. **** it, I don't even care. We won.
    Yeah, the league pass highlights were all Lakers besides the West 3. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Did you notice him and danny jawing at each other during DCs free throws at the end?
    No actually, you mean Shaw and Danny? Not Kobe and Danny?

Anyone notice Luke Walton trashing the new coaching staff as he was talking to Shaw after the game? Kept covering his mouth when talking.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I hope Peck gives us an odd thoughts tonight those are always fun

Just got home from the game. Any concerns I had about Roy's mental toughness were erased tonight.

Bynum was hitting him hard all game long, way before he broke his nose. Roy breaks it, comes back in without a mask, blood dripping all over the court, and took over the 4th quarter.

He could barely even stand by the end of the 4th.

This win reminded so much of our '03-'04 road win against Philly early in the season. We were playing a tough 76ers team, Ron Artest gets elbowed in the mouth and loses a tooth, and then destroyed the 76ers with an all-around game with the root of his tooth exposed.

Yeah, I'm pumped. And the joy of hearing all of the Lakers fans saying "how can we lose to the Pacers?"..well, look at the standings.

By the way, this is the first time in 5 years that I've been booed at Staples wearing Pacers gear. I think some fans are starting to recognize that we're good.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I sure did.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I was going to stay up to watch how ESPN covered the game's highlights, but there are three much bigger stories tonight, so I have to pack it in.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

I love seeing West getting more and more comfortable with each game. Offense looked great tonight. Great win by Frank. It takes real coaching chops to come off of a loss to the Kings and a sloppy game against the Warriors and have the offense flow so well tonight. We just seemed so focused and composed all game, even when calls didn't go our way. Major props to DC.
    We got a new weapon this time around: a Lance forged on the Isle de Coney, built for piercing trolls and false kings alike! Prince Paul rides with this Lance at hand, from the West fortress on Mt. Hibb. He shall pierce the demon heart of your misguided Cavalier, and he shall claim his crown.

~War cry of the Ratking (2013 ECF)

I love the way this team responds. They played like crap against Sac, but they buckled down, came back and won two close games in the 4th quarter on the road. The credit for that has to go to the coaching staff. They seem to make great adjustments from game to game, and the young players on our team seem to be responding to them very well.

Roy Hibbert was a man tonight. Andrew Bynum is a handful, but guess what? So is Roy. Out of the 3 great bigs on the court tonight, Roy's performance meant the most to his team. He is showing such tremendous patience this year. He looks so calm. Almost everything he does is decisive, and with great purpose. He made a tremendous pass to Collison for a three tonight that was as good as you'll see from a Center. You can tell he has made it over that mental hump.

And I must say that Anthem is 100% right. I am really hard on Danny, but tonight he was BIG. He made several great defensive plays and had two big threes during a crucial stretch in the second half. That is the Danny Granger of 3-4 years ago. That was the guy we drafted. If Granger focuses on defense and just taking what the defense gives him, he is a big plus.

I also want to give some props to DC. He might not be putting up numbers anywhere close to what he did in NO during his rookie season. But he has made a lot of strides in the little areas of his game. His decision making is still shaky at times, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of last year. And his defense is so much better now. He is pretty solid defensively so far this year.

There are about 4-5 guys we don't win this particular game without. All in all, this might be the most satisfying team win that I've seen from the Pacers in a long time. Every guy played their part. And the toughness Roy showed tonight is a big part of what I love about sports, and why I bother watching in the first place. It's not how many times you get knocked down, it is how many times you pick yourself up. And Roy picked everyone up tonight. Pay the man.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I hope Peck gives us an odd thoughts tonight those are always fun
    He's gotta be working on them. He thanked a post in this thread, so he's up.

Enjoy your time at PD!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Well, we all suspected it. ESPN posted their Rapid Reaction to the game, and they are pitching the story with a "what's wrong with the Lakers" slant. Pretty pathetic.
    Well, that story was from the "ESPN LA" part of the site...which may or may not make you feel better.