Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Lakers postgame thread

That was one of the guttiest performances I have ever seen by Roy Hibbert. Talk about a true warrior..

This game will go down as one of the Pacer classics. It has to be right up there with the Celtics game where Danny broke his teeth. What a joy to watch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont think I have ever seen a Pacer team execute so well in the 4th quarter in a close game. That was our Achilles heel last year but that 4th quarter offense was a thing of beauty.

great game all around great team win. I though DC played great and Roy Hibbert is a man finally to think about where he was just a few years ago truly amazing. Our offense needs Roy it runs so smooth with him in the game and is ugly without him.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This makes up for the Cheaters coming to Indy for the superbowl....huge win!!!! Game ball goes to big Roy!
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny was outstanding, but Roy was a beast. Hope he gets punched in the nose every night.
    That's not very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    18, 10ast and 5 stl for Monta last time he played the Lakers, let's not go crazy now.
    The game on January 6th? That the Warriors lost?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Also, I think Roy's going to be an All-Star, and he looked like an All-Star tonight.
    I imagine many of the national writers who probably haven't bothered to watch many pacers games (and no doubt watch the Lakers religiously) took notice of Roy Hibbert tonight. He outplayed the vaunted Andrew Bynum, supposed second best Center in the league?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Incredible game. Guess the last load of laundry has to include the Pacers shirt I'm wearing... I need to make sure I have something to wear into work tomorrow.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I dont think I have ever seen a Pacer team execute so well in the 4th quarter in a close game. That was our Achilles heel last year but that 4th quarter offense was a thing of beauty.

great game all around great team win. I though DC played great and Roy Hibbert is a man finally to think about where he was just a few years ago truly amazing. Our offense needs Roy it runs so smooth with him in the game and is ugly without him.
    we play very nice inside-outside offense already, imagine how good we'll be when roy gets even better...

Wow, when was the last time we've been this excited after a regular-season win? We truly are ready for playoff battle. That said ... more than ever, I want more armor (another decent big, especially if Foster can't play every playoff game) and another weapon (guard who can shoot). CHAAAAARGE!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    But you also thought we'd be lucky to win 1.5 games this road trip...
    That's me, always a pessimist. I'm pleased that we surpassed my expectations.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

It brings a tear to my eyes to see Roy turning into this beast. He get's his nose broken early in the game and they told him to sit out the rest of the game and he basically said hell no. Roy out there just banging and hounding Bynum and getting critical points at critical times. Every game we play it seems like Roy is making a step up in his performance. I think we need an area 555 at the house instead of the area 55. If the rest of the guys pitched in could you imagine maybe splitting them up at each end of the basketball court. That would make it electric in there.

I like that this team has no stars. All the players play within his habilities.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    But you also thought we'd be lucky to win 1.5 games this road trip...
    Technically we won 2.75 games.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The game on January 6th? That the Warriors lost?
    Take Hibbert out and we lose. I don't even know why you are trying to stir the post here.

Roy got the Steve Nash Award after the game, their announcing it now!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ensergio View Post
    I like that this team has no stars. All the players play within his habilities.
    Speak for yourself. Teams when games, STARS win championships. I'd trade almost anyone on our roster for a bonafide superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I think we need an area 555 at the house instead of the area 55. If the rest of the guys pitched in could you imagine maybe splitting them up at each end of the basketball court. That would make it electric in there.
    That doesn't sound like a solid business model.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Take Hibbert out and we lose. I don't even know why you are trying to stir the post here.
    how is that relevant when anthem said we don't win without granger?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

Amazing win. Everyone gave a great effort, but Roy was something special, injury and all. He definitely looked like an all star out there.

Oh, and hats off to the Lakers tv announcers. Possibly the best in the business, very informed about us (except Lou wasn't with us last year, which they promptly corrected), and very complimentary. No sour grapes, very objective.
    Bulls and Celtics crews should learn something from these men.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

<< clears throat >>

Paging Mr. Bird. Mr. Larry Bird.

Please show Roy the money.

Banned

Great win by the Pacers today, Roy is the man, I like that he took his time to talk to one of the fans in his way out, he is just such a likeable guy, he was also playing with a broken nose.

Indiana Pacers @Pacers 7m
    Details "It is broken. They told me not to go out and play." - @Hoya2aPacer talking about his nose.

I think we are nearly set for the next few years. I don't care what kind of deals come around at the deadline unless we can pickup Ray Ray for cheap.

I just wish we had a better backup C (unless Foster stays healthy) and that Tyler would find his shot again.

I am not worried about Danny to be honest. He will find his shot when it matters most and he is playing exceptional D right now.

Ok, I'm walking through the box score and it's interesting. Paul George had a very good offensive game... 5-8. And his defense on Kobe was fantastic. Sure, the guy went for 33 points, but it took him 30 shots to do it.

Enjoy your time at PD!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Speak for yourself. Teams when games, STARS win championships. I'd trade almost anyone on our roster for a bonafide superstar
    Detroit's championship. In a shortened season, it's possible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers are trending worldwide on twitter right now... Welcome back, Pacers basketball.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: