Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Yes or No

DC,Tyler+Pick for Monta and Biedrins.

Monta/Hill/Lance
    PG/Hill/Lance
    Granger/PG/Dahntay
    West/Amundson
    Roy/Biedrins/Foster
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 01-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Who's playing point on that team?

Default Re: Yes or No

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's playing point on that team?
    Monta
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 01-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Monta
    That scares me. I like the situations where we can bring in Monta as a SG and Move Paul over to the 3. I don't worry about Monta guarding some of our shooting guards in the east, I do worry about Rondo, Rose, Irving and D-Will.
    But, I do think Monta could be a good asset either way, I am just on the sense about him at the point.

Sports Logo

We need a 3rd team for your suggested trade to work in my opinion, because the Warriors do not need a PG/PF. Maybe Boston getting our assets and shipping Pierce to GSW.

About us:
    Monta is a really good player, but he's not a natural point guard. He's a good scorer but he's not a playmaker. Being a point guard isn't about APG, it's about court vision and the ability to run the offense.
    Monta can only start as point guard in my opinion if he has sized guys that can run the offense with him. Guys like Joe Johnson, Iggy, LBJ, Evans. This way he doesn't have the burden of playing a true point guard and not be a defensive liability.

The new lineup you suggested has good players, but I don't know how well they are going to work together - There's 1 guy who isn't really a point guard and 4 guys who have about 50% chance of turning the ball over when they start dribbling.

So, Overall, I don't think it's a bad trade, but I do think we're not good trading partners with GSW.

Even without having a true point guard you stil would have to pull the trigger on this trade. You would have Danny, and PG that could be a lot of scoring potential.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

DC,Tyler+Pick for Monta and Biedrins.

Monta/Hill/Lance
    PG/Hill/Lance
    Granger/PG/Dahntay
    West/Amundson
    Roy/Biedrins/Foster
    I would do the trade in a second and I like DC as our PG and really like Hans off the bench. Talent wise you'd have to do this trade. Monte could be traded later for something pretty good if he doesn't work out at PG.

The real question is why in the world would GS do this. They'd have to be morons to do this trade.

They already have a really good PG in Curry. DC and Curry is a way worse and a smaller back court than what they already have.

They already have David Lee, he's a lot better than Hans. GS lacks size as it is and this makes them even smaller.

The pick from us would not be that great if we maintain our good record.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Two issues:

1) No true PG (unless you like Ellis as a PG)

2) A really expensive backup Center

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The real question is why in the world would GS do this. They'd have to be morons to do this trade.

The pick from us would not be that great if we maintain our good record.
    They might take the bait because they are strapped for cash and they are never gonna win with the roster they have. In a deal like this they lose a top flight scorer but in return get two solid bench players a 1st round pick (maybe a 2nd too) AND free up a ****load of cap space to build around Steph Curry.

Imagine Dwight Howard in Golden State. Just saying.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Seems like the biggest concerns about Monta are (a) hes not a true point guard and (b) would he be a defensive laibilty.

Well if you ask me, we dont have a true point guard right now anyway and Monta is way better that both DC and Hill.

As for him being a defensive laibility, well we've got quite a few wings who can defend the likes of Rose and Rondo while Monta can continue to guard 2's if thats the case. Frankly I think Monta would be fine guarding 1's.

Maybe I should stop campaigning for Monta but I just plain like the guys game. He is a relentless attacker ie Rose, Westbrook. When he turns the corner on you its over. He can take point guards down low and abuse them (see George Hill) ie Rod Strickland, Mark Jackson and the guy is one of the most dangerous 1 on 1 scorers in the league.

If you can honestly say your heart wasn't jumping out of your chest when Monta was setting up that last iso against Hill then you must have novocain in your veins.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

They might take the bait because they are strapped for cash and they are never gonna win with the roster they have. In a deal like this they lose a top flight scorer but in return get two solid bench players a 1st round pick (maybe a 2nd too) AND free up a ****load of cap space to build around Steph Curry.

Imagine Dwight Howard in Golden State. Just saying.
    And this is part of the problem here. Why trade a top scorer for bench players? Why not just get young talent, and they should be able to get value for Monta. You need to find a 3rd team.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    And this is part of the problem here. Why trade a top scorer for bench players? Why not just get young talent, and they should be able to get value for Monta. You need to find a 3rd team.
    Aren't Tyler and DC considered young talent?

I only catagorized them as bench players because GSW already have a PG and PF better than them. So they'd strengthen their bench, add another 1st rounder to their own, pretty much guaranteed lottery, pick and open up a ton of capsace.

Sports Logo

Aren't Tyler and DC considered young talent?

I only catagorized them as bench players because GSW already have a PG and PF better than them. So they'd strengthen their bench, add another 1st rounder to their own, pretty much guaranteed lottery, pick and open up a ton of capsace.
    Well, Collison is young, but not really promising. Tyler is in his prime, but will just be their 6th man. Even if the value is right (could be), there's still the "need" thing.
    And one more thing, after checking, we can't absorb that much salary, it would put us over the cap. (check ESPN trade machine)

I like your trade idea but I just don't think there's a way to really get it right.

Exactly what LA said

We dont have a true pg right now so I dont see a big problem
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post: