Thread: HOU

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default HOU

I posted a similar trade proposal before, but I still think there is a legitimate reason to make this deal. This deal has to be broken down into two spearate deals to make it work.

HOU gets:

Danny Granger
    AJ Price

IND gets:

Jordan Hill
    Patrick Patterson
    Courtney Lee
    Goran Dragic

In a separate deal:

HOU gets:

Lou Amundsen

IND gets:

Chase Buddinger

Rosters:

PG- Collison/Hill/Dragic
    SG- Lee/DJones/Stephenson
    SF- George/Buddinger
    PF- West/Hansborough/Patterson
    C - Hibbert/Hill/Foster/Pendergraph

PG- Lowry/Flynn/Price
    SG- Martin/Williams
    SF- Granger/Parsons
    PF- Scola/Morris/Amundson/Adrien
    C - Dalembert/Thabeet

This makes us a deeper and younger team than what we already are. I don't think the direction of this trade is what Bird is going for, though. If anything he would rather upgrade somewhere, but what this does is it gives us our front court of the future absolutely solidified and adds toughness and length. I love these young kids that aren't getting too much opportunity in Houston as we speak.

We send Granger to a Western Conference team, which is important. We get $5M more in cap space immediately. I think this trade makes us a much better defensive team over the long term. Jordan Hill is a beast of an athlete. I was extremely impressed with his talent/athleticism when I saw him live. Lee is an excellent defender and is getting better offensively, IMO. I just think this is the type of trade that we should be thinking about when looking at trading Granger as an option for our front office. As these kids develop, they collectively will be much better trade assets in the future.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Dang we would be a super deep team

Default Re: HOU

Why would Houston want to do this deal? They are trying to rebuild, and giving up their youth is not going to allow it to happen.

Thabeet as b/u center? Has he even played this year? Houston is high on Courtney Lee. T'Will isn't what they want as b/u SG either. Houston isn't going to trade Chase Buddinger for a little used journeyman PF/C, and neither would you.

It's a poor trade for Houston.

Default Re: HOU

Ew

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winner For This Useful Post: