Thread: IND/NJ/ORL/MEM

Default IND/NJ/ORL/MEM

Pipe-Dream 5 Teamer here but it could make sense.

Indiana gets:
    1 - Hedo Turk
    2 - Marshon Brooks
    3 - Jason Thompson

New Jersey gets:
    1 - Dwight Howard
    2 - Chris Duhon
    3 - Francisco Garcia
    4 - Sam Young

Orlando gets:
    1 - Brooke Lopez
    2 - Damion James
    3 - Mehmet Okur
    4 - Anthony Morrow
    5 - O.J. Mayo
    6 - 2012 1st (NJ)
    7 - 2012 1st (NJ)
    8 - 2012 1st (IND)

Memphis gets:
    1 - J.J. Redick
    2 - Future 2nd (IND)
    3 - Future 2nd (NJ)

Sacramento gets:
    1 - Jordan Farmar
    2 - Dahntay Jones

Four of these teams have been linked this year at some point so why not just knock it all out in 1 deal.

I know a lot of you will hate this deal for us because we take on Turk but I think he could be a good addition to our 2nd unit and is our price to pay to bring in Brooks who I think could either start, or really solidify our 2nd unit as the go to scorer there. Thompson would give us the PF/C we have been really needing in our 2nd unit and he he is young enough to be a part of our long term plan. Brooks is the key to this deal…..he is showing why some thought he could be a special talent….I think he makes this worth it for us.

New Jersey obviously gets there guy in Howard while not having to take on Turks deal. They also are able to get a few capable role players out of the deal to round out the roster after giving up so much.

Orlando in my opinion gets a really good haul here. Arguably better than any of the other franchises who lost their cornerstones. They are able to move every bad contract they have while also getting what will probably be 2 lottery picks and a pick in the high teens of what is considered one of the deepest drafts in a while. When you throw in Lopez, who despite last season not having his best year is still a top prospect at the C position as well as O.J. Mayo who could very well have a BIG bounce back season to revive his career in a new place as well as Damion James who still has some upside I think they do pretty well.

Memphis is mainly here because they have been shopping Mayo and Redick appears to fit the mold of what they are looking for….a top notch shooter on the 2nd unit.

Sacremento needs a real PG. They dont really have one on their roster as Evans has shown he is more of a SG. Farmar gives them a cheap option to see if it works out for a couple years. To get him they are able to move Garcia who has an unfriendly deal and is too old to be a part of the future and Thompson, who they likely wont bring back next year anyway as they dont use him much.
    Last edited by Wylder1324; 01-19-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Memphis basically gives away mayo in this deal...

Default Re: IND/NJ/ORL/MEM

From their perspective they will lose him in the off-season anyway…..Redick is having a better season than Mayo and fits what they need as a team better. Why not get a couple 2nd rounders and a guy who gives you a better shot at advancing in the play-offs that is battle tested with the Magic. I dont know why…but Memphis seems pretty set on moving Mayo so I dont think he is overly valued there. Worse case scenario I would tinker with the trade a little and give Memphis our low 1st rounder instead of Orlando as I dont think that part of the deal has as much bearing for them as the 2 1st from NJ…….some might say we give up too much here with a 1st and Turks deal….but I think Brooks is special.

Turks deal would take us out of contention for free agents this summer...

5-team trade. How often is that done?

I'd like to get Marshon and Jason. Want nothing to do with Turk.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Your right if we did this trade we wouldn't be a player in free agency….but my reply to that is….so what. We couldn't do any better than this and IMO couldn't even do as good as this in free agency……sure adding Turk is a hit, but to gain Marshon and Jason would be a home run.

I also want no part of Turk, but to get something we have to be willing to accept a negative…..and at least Turk is versatile and moves the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your right if we did this trade we wouldn't be a player in free agency….but my reply to that is….so what. We couldn't do any better than this and IMO couldn't even do as good as this in free agency……sure adding Turk is a hit, but to gain Marshon and Jason would be a home run.

I also want no part of Turk, but to get something we have to be willing to accept a negative…..and at least Turk is versatile and moves the ball well.
    Would rather have deron Williams than those two...

Deron would be nice….but A - we will never sign him….and B - Im not sure what type of locker room guy he is based on some rumblings around the league.

Depth wise it would be hard for any team to compete with:

Collison, Hill, Lance
    George, Brooks
    Granger, Turk
    West, Hans,
    Hibbert, Thompson, Foster

Thats an INCREDIBLY deep and balanced team.

Not going to be tons of competition for his services.