Thread: Here comes the hammer - hang in there

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Here comes the hammer - hang in there

And these are NOT the hammer.

Spoiler Spoiler:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

So you're saying the schedule is ****ing the Pacers?

Sports Logo

Talking about needing rest...the Pacers will finally have a normal schedule that is somewhat tolerable after finishing our 1st B2B2B series. If you look at the schedule right after the B2B2B...from 2/17 to 3/9....in the span of 2.5 weeks....the Pacers play a total of 7 games....where as most have between 10 to 12 games in that span.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Finally the 3 game spurt is here and soon all this will be over. The worst they can be is 17-13 coming out of this, and if they only meet the schedule expectations they should be able to improve on that in the 2nd set of 36 games. Say 22-14 perhaps as a rough estimate that's very achievable.

That would be a nice 39-26 season, equal to a 48 win regular season. That's only assuming modest success and worst case things like going 0-3 with losses at CLE and then to NJ on the 3rd game, as well as only doing slightly better in the much more favorable half of the schedule.

BTW - Miami just won their first 2 games by 20 and 18, and actually this marks their 5th straight road game (of a total of 6). Loss to ORL by 13 followed by road wins of 17 (WSH), 20 (ATL), and 18 (MIL). The Pacers are better than WSH and MIL, but still. Yikes. They didn't appear very tired last night.

Did I mention fudge yet?

I mean seriously, wtf was that? Who was on their 3rd night on the road, who was at home with a day's rest to boot? Loss, sure, I was worried about that. 10+ points even.

But at least play past the first 2 minutes of the game. I'm starting to worry about how they are going to handle the "easy" stretch after seeing this effort.*

* my effort to hang in there sucks just about as much as theirs tonight...guess I need to regroup

Sports Logo

So, the hammer left us with a bitter taste in the end. The 5 game stretch 'till the ASG consists of easier teams but we are going to have less time to rest. If we start laying eggs in those games as well then we can panick.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, the hammer left us with a bitter taste in the end. The 5 game stretch 'till the ASG consists of easier teams but we are going to have less time to rest. If we start laying eggs in those games as well then we can panick.
    I've fallen back to the "I no longer have any idea which Team will show up to play" mode. I can only hope that we have hit the bottom....but given that we're playing the Cavs on the road, this is the 2nd of a B2B game, Granger is likely out and Kyrie Irving is returning to the floor for the first time since a concussion.....I'm not taking any opponent/game for granted.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I've fallen back to the "I no longer have any idea which Team will show up to play" mode. I can only hope that we have hit the bottom....but given that we're playing the Cavs on the road, this is the 2nd of a B2B game, Granger is likely out and Kyrie Irving is returning to the floor for the first time since a concussion.....I'm not taking any opponent/game for granted.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking any opponent or game for granted. This is the NBA, everyone can play. I'm just saying that if the team wants to prove that the last 5 games were an anomaly then they need to win the next 5 ones.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking any opponent or game for granted. This is the NBA, everyone can play. I'm just saying that if the team wants to prove that the last 5 games were an anomaly then they need to win the next 5 ones.
    Sorry, I wasn't directing anything at you....I'm just saying that my confidence in the Team isn't very high now.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't directing anything at you....I'm just saying that my confidence in the Team isn't very high now.
    Well, that's logical. Just have faith, I guess

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We wanted to see how this team reacts to adversity - we're seeing it. In the "fight or flight" mode this team is definitely not fighting. We've got to remember this team is still young and, obviously immature. Our best hope is that West and Foster (our only 2 real veterans) can reach these knuckleheads. If not one of those guys then maybe someone from this board can show up at practice and set them straight...

On a partially unrelated note - it seems to me that once Granger started to get his shooting touch back this team started playing poorly, less ball movement, less inside out action, less everything that made them successful when he was struggling.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

See how nice it is to be past the hammer.

Teams like the Hornets and Nets allow you to play sub-par and still win, and a team like the Bobcats just doesn't have the guns to survive on the road.

I think we all agreed that it's not certain that they will win the easier games, but the Nets and Hornets games sure proved that easier games have a much larger room for error. Sure is nice.

And now I'm going to start my companion thread for Philly. Their suffering is giving me plenty of joy right now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Teams like the Hornets and Nets allow you to play sub-par and still win, and a team like the Bobcats just doesn't have the guns to survive on the road.

I think we all agreed that it's not certain that they will win the easier games, but the Nets and Hornets games sure proved that easier games have a much larger room fo r error. Sure is nice.

And now I'm going to start my companion thread for Philly. Their suffering is giving me plenty of joy right now.
    We still have a brutal 9 game stretch in March coming up, but is is nice to win while not playing well

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

HC

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

I think we all agreed that it's not certain that they will win the easier games, but the Nets and Hornets games sure proved that easier games have a much larger room for error. Sure is nice.

Another rough stretch coming up after the break though.
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    We still have a brutal 9 game stretch in March coming up, but is is nice to win while not playing well
    beat me to it
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post: