Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here comes the hammer - hang in there

Default Re: Here comes the hammer - hang in there

Yeah, so far so (mostly) good, but it would have been nice to have sort of "made up for" the SAC loss by winning in BOS. Damned Kings #%#ing up my predictions.

One thing that might help with these next 5 is that Dirk has been out to basically get in shape, so he may be out or just coming back by the end of the week. May not mean a thing, though because Dallas is so deep and veteran.

So it's @ORL Sun, vsNJN Tuesday, @MIN Wednesday, @DAL Friday, vsORL Saturday.

Hmm. I said 2-3 then, now I'll go over it again game by game. I think it's more likely that ORL pounds us because they just had another terrible loss and we're in their house, but then again WE just had a bad loss and we have done well at bouncing back before, so who knows. I'll say L but part of me suspects we flip the script from the Tuesday game and get'em back.

I'd hope to God we do what we're supposed to do vs. NJN for a W.

@MIN could go either way. They're young and inconsistent, so this is really a toss-up to me. It's their building, so I'll give them the nod and put this as an L, but just barely.

Already addressed Dallas; I say this is a loss.

Then we're yet again facing the Magic. I think if we surprise on Sunday that this becomes a toss-up, yet if they beat us now we get them back here. So I'll lean towards a W.

So, yeah, I'll stick with 2-3. I totally expect a minimum of one loss (Dallas), but the Minny game could easily swing our way (more likely to happen than New Jersey beating us at home, that is). Then again, I could also see Orlando beating us both times.

So I feel pretty good about 2-3 still. It'd be pretty sweet to go 3-2, it's quite possible, but I quietly fear 1-4 a little bit as well.

Probably we're 14-9, possibly either 15-8 or 13-10. No matter which of those it is (I can't really imagine 0-5 or 4-1/5-0), we're not in too bad of a shape coming out of this week.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, so far so (mostly) good, but it would have been nice to have sort of "made up for" the SAC loss by winning in BOS. Damned Kings #%#ing up my predictions.

One thing that might help with these next 5 is that Dirk has been out to basically get in shape, so he may be out or just coming back by the end of the week. May not mean a thing, though because Dallas is so deep and veteran.

So it's @ORL Sun, vsNJN Tuesday, @MIN Wednesday, @DAL Friday, vsORL Saturday.

Hmm. I said 2-3 then, now I'll go over it again game by game. I think it's more likely that ORL pounds us because they just had another terrible loss and we're in their house, but then again WE just had a bad loss and we have done well at bouncing back before, so who knows. I'll say L but part of me suspects we flip the script from the Tuesday game and get'em back.

I'd hope to God we do what we're supposed to do vs. NJN for a W.

@MIN could go either way. They're young and inconsistent, so this is really a toss-up to me. It's their building, so I'll give them the nod and put this as an L, but just barely.

Already addressed Dallas; I say this is a loss.

Then we're yet again facing the Magic. I think if we surprise on Sunday that this becomes a toss-up, yet if they beat us now we get them back here. So I'll lean towards a W.

So, yeah, I'll stick with 2-3. I totally expect a minimum of one loss (Dallas), but the Minny game could easily swing our way (more likely to happen than New Jersey beating us at home, that is). Then again, I could also see Orlando beating us both times.

So I feel pretty good about 2-3 still. It'd be pretty sweet to go 3-2, it's quite possible, but I quietly fear 1-4 a little bit as well.

Probably we're 14-9, possibly either 15-8 or 13-10. No matter which of those it is (I can't really imagine 0-5 or 4-1/5-0), we're not in too bad of a shape coming out of this week.
    I say we take ORL tomorrow. They're mired in a tough spot, I see that team imploding before long.

I say we have one letdown between MIN or NJN, probably minny, though the Nets have been playing better.

We match up well with Dallas, especially if Dirk is still out, I say we take that and the lose to ORL on the last day, though we could easily win it.

So either 3-2 or 4-1, but 2-3 wouldn't be entirely suprising. So likely 15-8 16-7 would be amazing but 14-9 wouldn't be bad, we're holding our own so far during the hardest part of our schedule. At the beginning of the season I guarantee you everyone would be fine with a set of @LAL, ORL, @CHI, @BOS going 2-2! We have a cupcake schedule at the end of the season, if we're still left with a decently above .500 record we're in great shape to make a run at one of the top 4 seeds, if we're better than that at that point we could finish really high indeed.

This team can have letdowns, but it's also a fact that we're capable of beating the elite teams even on the road.

LAL isn't setting the world on fire, but they wre 9-1 at home when we beat them, and were looking for retribution after a dissapointing road trip on the first night home.

CHI also obviously.

For the first time in years I really feel this team can beat anyone any night if they play their game, and the other team being "off" isn't a requirement for a likely win, or lucky hot shooting.

How funny is it though that it's been our starters all year who have been dominate relatively, and that our bench is the one that has been letting us down.

Average games by Hill and Tyler we likely win last night, Hill has been horrible since he didn't get the extension he wanted, not sure if it's related but the timing is interesting to look at... Tyler, I don't know, he's playing like he's afraid to get hit too much when he goes up, which isn't Tyler- like at all.

Roy was off last night, but he was getting his shots, sometimes they just don't fall and he's been a bit banged up lately he'll be fine. As long as he can get the position he got last night he burns them 9 times out of 10. He showed some nice explosiveness last night too, that one-handed dunk that got called a travel after he got pushed was beastly!
    Last edited by daschysta; 01-28-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Philly is on a 7 game home stand and have alreadyg gotten to play the Wizards 3 times. They have had a few tough games but mostly they have had an easy schedule. However it looks like they are about to enter the "hammer" time of their schedule as well.

So let's see how they do.

I was very dissapointed last night but overall it's really hard to be to upset considering the schedule and road games we've played.
    Philly has had by FAR the easiest schedule in the NBA, and caught us when we were playing without 2 key rotation players and they were full strength as far as personnel dressed. All of that and they are only .5 games ahead of us. We're better than they are, they haven't played well against the few good teams they've played either, and get many games against the weakest division in basketball.

Sports Logo

So, about the next week.

We take 1/2 against Orlando.

We win 1/2 on the road trip.

And we beat the Nets.

It makes for a 3-2 which will put us in a great spot. I'd be very glad with that. 2-3 is also possible. Anything less would be disappointing. Anything more would be amazing but highly unlikely.

Mood

I consider the Hell stretch to have started in LAL, but most people would start it at the beginning of the West Road trip leading into the hellish schedule against a whose who of contending teams. So far we've.

@SAC L
    @GSW W
    @LAL W
    ORL L
    @CHI W
    @BOS L
    @ORL W

4-3? or 3-2?

I'll take it all day.

The next two are very winnable before we go for a tough, but also feasible win in Dallas. We're weathering the storm brilliantly so far, and the future hold much more friendly scheduling! If we continue to keep a 2-1 ratio of wins to losses throughout the hard part of the schedule it isn't out of the question to make a run late towards a top 3 seed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We keep playing like this, and the hammer that people will be fearing coming at them will be our team.

If I had told you we would be 13-6 going into our last game of January against the Nets...at home...how many of you would have taken that? Everyone? That's what I thought, I hope all you *****ers can quit your *****ing now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If I had told you we would be 13-6 going into our last game of January against the Nets...at home...how many of you would have taken that? Everyone? That's what I thought, I hope all you *****ers can quit your *****ing now.
    In vino veritas, huh?

Tell us how ya really feel.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Keep fighting the good fight my friend. I love drunk posting and support it in all situations.

Feels good right now, but next step is to take NJ seriously. Now that we got this one, 3-2 looks very possible for the week. 15-8 would be a hell of a record for us at that point.

Damn, I didn't realize next week is another "hammer week."

Tue vsUTA, Wed @ATL, Fri @MEM, and Sat vsDEN. Utah has recovered from their crappy start and they still have a great front court.

That could easily be a 1-3 week if we're not playing very hard.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Easy Joe, sheesh. The whole point of this thread was too say that a tough run of losses in this period shouldn't send people jumping off the wagon.

Doing as well as they have is remarkable. They are really setting up for a red-hot finish if this keeps up.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Damn, I didn't realize next week is another "hammer week."

Tue vsUTA, Wed @ATL, Fri @MEM, and Sat vsDEN. Utah has recovered from their crappy start and they still have a great front court.

That could easily be a 1-3 week if we're not playing very hard.
    Exactly. When I looked it over I couldn't get past how the hits just keep on coming for 3-4 weeks. No rest for the weary, although there is some irony here since the road trips mean less total games thanks to travel days.

Lots of road games, lots of tough teams, but not a pure density of games.

April feels like a home game every night. If they enjoy that feeling then things will take off in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Easy Joe, sheesh. The whole point of this thread was too say that a tough run of losses in this period shouldn't send people jumping off the wagon.

Doing as well as they have is remarkable. They are really setting up for a red-hot finish if this keeps up.

I don't think it was directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

That post wasn't directed at you Seth.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

It's not going to get tougher than this 3 week stretch. Make it out of these with a record around .500, and we're looking at a team that's going to get home-court in the first round.

Sports Logo

So, we took the first at Orlando, we won the Nets and we just beat the Wolves. I predicted us going 3-2 and we are en route for something better as we already are 3-0.

Good job, guys. Let's just keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    So, we took the first at Orlando, we won the Nets and we just beat the Wolves. I predicted us going 3-2 and we are en route for something better as we already are 3-0.

Good job, guys. Let's just keep it up
    These next two back-to-backs will be hard. Good teams with no rest.

Still, if we can avoid losing both then we'll got 4-1 in that stretch. Crazy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    These next two back-to-backs will be hard. Good teams with no rest.

Still, if we can avoid losing both then we'll got 4-1 in that stretch. Crazy.
    They'll be hard, no doubt about that. But they already made my minimum expectations so I'll be happy no matter how we do in the next two matches.

Of course, it'd be nice to go 1/2 in the next to games. 4-1 in that stretch would be amazing indeed

I can't believe we will have gone 3-2,4-1, or 5-0 this week. Wow.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Hoping for 9-4 in the next 13.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

I can't help it. I'm still traumatised by the last few years. I look at the next seven games and I see a 0-7 outcome.

The great thing is, I'm pretty sure Vogel and the team look at the same stretch and see 7-0.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Our schedule is ridiculous and with the east packed as tight as it is these next few weeks make me nervous. I know there's a lot of games left to play even if we only go .500 on a few of these weeks, but still I want to win and put the pressure on the other teams to hold serve when they get to worse parts of their schedule. I really want the sixers and hawks to go on some sort of skid and give us a bit of breathing room.

I'll be the crazy person and say we're going to finish this week 5 - 0 feels good to make some bold predictions about our team.

Also something else I was thinking about lets say we make the playoffs what do you guys without being complete homers think would be the best possible scenario for us in the seeding obviously home court in the first round, but what do you think would be beneficial to us?

I'm thinkin something like

1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indy
    4. Philly
    5. Hawks
    6. Boston
    7. Orlando
    8. Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post

Also something else I was thinking about lets say we make the playoffs what do you guys without being complete homers think would be the best possible scenario for us in the seeding obviously home court in the first round, but what do you think would be beneficial to us?

I'm thinkin something like

1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indy
    4. Philly
    5. Hawks
    6. Boston
    7. Orlando
    8. Bucks
    The best possible scenario would be for us to finish 1st and have Chicago and Miami finish 2ed and 3rd, that way one of them would take the other out. Since we haven't lost any more than those two teams have at this point, it's possible.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    The best possible scenario would be for us to finish 1st and have Chicago and Miami finish 2ed and 3rd, that way one of them would take the other out. Since we haven't lost any more than those two teams have at this point, it's possible.
    I was thinking about it that way too but I really like our chances against the Bulls in a 2nd round matchup. Plus the Bucks are 2 - 0 this year against the Heat i'd like to see the Bucks put the Heat through the grind of the first round and then have to turn around and likely end up facing the sixers who I think have a decent chance at beating the Heat as well.