Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80

Thread: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but you are the absolute last person on this board who needs to tell people to let stuff go. You still bring up Mike Dunleavy in 80% of our arguments.
    Mike Dunleavy was a Pacers player, big difference.

  2. #52
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Dunleavy was a Pacers player, big difference.


    How does that make any difference at all?

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster, nor his pay scale, is keeping the Pacers from getting a better backup center.

    They don't even have a full roster, and they're not anywhere near the cap. They don't have another backup center, because they chose not too.
    Exactly.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  5. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster, nor his pay scale, is keeping the Pacers from getting a better backup center.

    They don't even have a full roster, and they're not anywhere near the cap. They don't have another backup center, because they chose not too.
    Well that have been my point all this time, why not get a better and healthier backup center? we know we can't count on Pendergraph and Foster to stay healthy, I brought this question long time ago together with Justin Tyme and was told by many people that I was negative for expecting Foster not to be healthy for the whole year and guess that? neither player have been healthy all year.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-17-2012 at 04:50 PM.

  6. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and the max deal comment was clearly facetious.
    According to you it was.

  7. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    How does that make any difference at all?
    Well one player is a former Indiana Pacers like the other players we never stop talking about(Mcbob, Troy,Tinsley, Jackson,etc) and the other one is not?

  8. #57
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to you it was.
    Who posted that? We can ask them how they meant for that to be construed. I have a sneaking suspicion you are pulling your usual trick of manipulating what the other person said so it better fits your argument.

  9. #58
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well one player is a former Indiana Pacers like the other players we never stop talking about(Mcbob, Troy,Tinsley, Jackson,etc) and the other one is not?
    Still failing to see what that has to do with this.

  10. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who posted that? We can ask them how they meant for that to be construed. I have a sneaking suspicion you are pulling your usual trick of manipulating what the other person said so it better fits your argument.
    I posted the thread for a reason, go ahead and look who said what and stop speculating, I'm not going to ask nobody or call anybody out because you don't want to read the thread. I'm done with this stupid argument, you are not moving from your side anyway.

  11. #60
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    So yeah, about those injuries...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  13. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/jeff_...012_01_17.html


    Foster out 2 weeks with back procedure
    By Conrad Brunner | Jan. 17, 2012


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Pacers will play the rest of this month without Jeff Foster.
    Coach Frank Vogel broke the news today after practice.

    "Jeff is going to be out for two weeks," he said. "He's having a procedure done to his back and he's not going to be with us for two weeks."

    In that span, the Pacers play eight games, six on the road. Lou Amundson will step into the backup center role with support from Jeff Pendergraph.

    "Right now it's Lou," Vogel said. "(Pendergraph) is finally healthy and able to contribute and we'll use him if we need him but Lou's a little further along with his conditioning and knowing the system and everything."

    Foster, who turned 35 Monday, has appeared in five games this season averaging 16.8 minutes, 3.0 points and 4.6 rebounds. He has been bothered by back problems the past three years, missing 66 games in 2009-10, 26 last season and the first six this season.

    Vogel said the Pacers would miss is leadership, experience "and toughness."

    "He just changes the physicality every time he steps on the court," Vogel said.

  14. #62
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,938

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and it spares Jeff the wear-and-tear of going up against Dwight on Jan. 24. That game will hopefully be dictated largely by the matchup between Roy and Dwight anyway.

    I think D. West can fill in for Roy at C as necessary in the meantime.
    D. West can certainly fill in for Roy at C and play alongside Tyler in the games that we want our big men to score a lot (against GS who has good defensive centers for example). Against the Magic it makes a lot of sense to bring Lou in and make some hard fouls on Howard. I wouldn't like West to get into foul trouble against Orlando.

  15. #63

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. His offensive rebounding is very good as is his defense. He's never been able to shoot. We only need about 10 minutes from him per game
    I just don't see it. Granted, he hasn't had much playing time, but what I have seen when he is out there is alot of hustle and not knowing what to do with the basketball. Like getting a good offensive rebound and going back up 1vs3 and getting it blocked or airballing it off the backboard.

    I have yet to see him pass the ball after coming up with it on a hustle play and every time it results in a horrible point blank brick shot or a turnover.

    I probably shouldn't be so harsh with such a small sample size. I will try to give him a fair and fresh look on the road trip.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  17. #64
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Yeah, somehow I doubt he'll be back in game action after two weeks.

    I would be fine with this if Lou actually knew his role on offense. He tries to do too much and is far too erratic for my liking.

  18. #65
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Is Joel Przybilla still out there somewhere. He'd be a good pickup if he's not retired for good. I'm not sold on Lou being a adequate backup C.

    I think Pendergraph is going to be decent if he gets healthy and some playing time.

    We can always go small for stretches with Danny at PF. Not ideal, but with our tough defense style it should work better than going "JOB small".
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-17-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  19. #66
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    we're playing with fire here, not having a decent backup C. I just don't get why we don't have a full roster?? this isn't nba2k

  20. #67
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Didn't we just read an article about how the Pacers were going to play all out because there's plenty of guys on the bench ready to go when the starters get winded? Whoops.

    I'll say it, since Mackey is showing admirable restraint:

    I wish we'd signed Josh McRoberts.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  22. #68
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    I was going through the Team salaries and looked at those Teams at or over the Salary Cap that have some depth at the Center position that maybe interested in dumping some salary.

    The only 2 Players that I could come up that would make any kind of sense in looking to acquire ( using our Capspace ) is Nazr Mohammed with the Thunder and Robin Lopez with the Suns.

    The Thunder have $60.7 mil in 2011-2012 salary where Nazr Mohammed has a $3.75 mil 2011-2012 Expiring Contract.

    The Suns have $65 mil in 2011-2012 salary where Robin Lopez has a $2.86 mil 2011-2012 salary and will be a RFA in the 2012-2013 season. I'd even see if we could take on Grant Hill to add some SF / Veteran depth along with Lopez IF they are really desperate to shed salary

    Another less palatable option is Johan Petro with the Nets whose owed $3.25 mil in 2011-2012 season and $3.5 mil in the 2012-2013 season. They are desperate to clear Capspace and was offering a 1st with Morrow. I'm sure that if the Pacers were interested in Petro...they could get a 1st round pick out of it as well. But my reaction to this is the same as yours when it comes to Petro....
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-17-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #69
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Lou Amundson is a perfect backup center. In fact I will say he is the absolute perfect person for this team because he is willing to not play when Foster is available.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  25. #70
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,938

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they could get a 1st round pick out of it as well. But my reaction to this is the same as yours when it comes to Petro....
    Are you kidding me? Sure, Petro is nothing special but if they are giving us their 1st who is going to be quite high, then I have no problem to relieve them off some capspace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lou Amundson is a perfect backup center. In fact I will say he is the absolute perfect person for this team because he is willing to not play when Foster is available.
    I agree with this. Lou certainly has the mentality that fits what we're doing at the moment.

  26. #71

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Ryan Hollins is a Center at 7' & 240#. Cavs aren't playing him as he's only been in 4 games this year. He is a 2.5 mil expiring. In 010 with Minnie, he shot 56% FG and 60% FG with Cavs last season. He shoots 3-4 FGA per game. Shoots around 68% FT. I remember him starting some in Minnie and last year with the Cavs. I don't recall how good of a "D" player he is. I wouldn't believe he'd cost the Pacers, but a 2nd and some cap at the most. Might be someone to consider.

  27. #72
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quick... Someone call Greg Ostertag down in the D-league.

    He's got PLENTY of experience!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  29. #73
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,987

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure it does, but as has been stated multiple times, his salary this year is completely irrelevant. Hasn't hurt our cap space at all, hasn't precluded us from signing or trading for anyone. If anything, it's kept us above the salary floor.

    Of course that is assuming it's monopoly money and there's plenty more where Jeff's 3mil came from. ...Because besides the cap there's also the idea of a budget.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  30. #74
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I posted the thread for a reason, go ahead and look who said what and stop speculating, I'm not going to ask nobody or call anybody out because you don't want to read the thread. I'm done with this stupid argument, you are not moving from your side anyway.
    You didn't post the thread. You copied and pasted some quotes, with nothing attached to them. Had you hit the "quote" button, and then copied and pasted the box, there would have been a link to get back to the original thread.

    All there are is some sentences in a quote box. Don't know who said it, don't know when they said it, nor do we know where they said it.

    You did this.

  31. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am pretty sure some people suggested to give him 20mil.


    edit: Yep I found the thread.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...+foster&page=2
    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't post the thread. You copied and pasted some quotes, with nothing attached to them. Had you hit the "quote" button, and then copied and pasted the box, there would have been a link to get back to the original thread.

    All there are is some sentences in a quote box. Don't know who said it, don't know when they said it, nor do we know where they said it.
    Here.

Similar Threads

  1. STAR: Pacers reach deal with city? (link)
    By Reggie4Three in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  3. A Digest Carol Revisited...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
  4. Wages of Wins Pacers Preview
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •